Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

We have a squad. What we are lacking is quality in the first eleven having lost two quality players. One, Luiz, who was comfortable receiving the ball at the back and starting things off for us (not to mention his goals and set pieces) and Diaby who was productive, pacey and unpredictable.

We have some assets to sell to enable us to bring in quality and we should do it. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Lazy link is lazy. 

Fabrizio would be awesome if he wasn't so mainstream... He definitely gets some solid leads but he also shares a lot of BS, which I can understand from the point of view of him making the most money possibly from his page... However it's irritating 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

We have a squad. What we are lacking is quality in the first eleven having lost two quality players. One, Luiz, who was comfortable receiving the ball at the back and starting things off for us (not to mention his goals and set pieces) and Diaby who was productive, pacey and unpredictable.

We have some assets to sell to enable us to bring in quality and we should do it. 

Gained Buendia 

• Like 3

Tbf to Lo celso he’s played for a very good Argentina side 57 times to Buendia’s one cap,  different positions I know but Emery obviously likes and trusts him so if he does sign then so be it … doubt it’s more than a lazy  regurgitated link but you don’t play for Argentina that many times being shit 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Tbf to Lo celso he’s played for a very good Argentina side 57 times to Buendia’s one cap,  different positions I know but Emery obviously likes and trusts him so if he does sign then so be it … doubt it’s more than a lazy  regurgitated link but you don’t play for Argentina that many times being shit 

Good player Lo Celso, just not what we need right now and if we are still having to keep an eye on what we spend, I'd rather funds went elsewhere

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, thabucks said:

He's obviously better than Buendia, but that's not what we need at the moment.

We need a centre half and a central midfield that can move. Tielemans needs to lose two stone and he'll do next to Onana.

Also we don't need Felix. He won't stop us looking like a car crash at the back.

• Like 1

re Lo Celso, i dont think anyone can honestly question his ability, he is a quality player.

The issue is his injury record, it isnt great, and if you go and read the Spurs forum, they say a lot that he's made of glass.

He is 28, top quality player who is made of glass and has a pretty poor injury record, so unless it was super cheap, no way would i buy him.

.....there is no way Levy would accept selling him on the cheap.....

27 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

re Lo Celso, i dont think anyone can honestly question his ability, he is a quality player.

The issue is his injury record, it isnt great, and if you go and read the Spurs forum, they say a lot that he's made of glass.

He is 28, top quality player who is made of glass and has a pretty poor injury record, so unless it was super cheap, no way would i buy him.

.....there is no way Levy would accept selling him on the cheap.....

Because of Levy, we're unlikely to pay what he wants. However I think we'll be able to get him on loan if he's still on their books come deadline day. This feels a lazy link but Unai likes him

Any signings now need to be top class and make a genuine impact on the team imo… to be a big help to us.

We’ve filled out the squad enough.

However, a question has come to mind (and disregarding how Levy would try to rip us off)… if a comparable deal could have been made…

Would Lo Celso have been a better or more preferable signing than Barkley at the time? Or who would we have preferred of the two?

Ross will show his worth, I’m not criticising him here… just wonder what the view is on that.

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Also played in a CL semifinal two years ago, losing 2-3 to Liverpool. He can play at the level that is required. Sometimes we don't need the shiny new player, just the right player.

I don't believe Emery will bring him in, but with the right manager, he is a very good player.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Also played in a CL semifinal two years ago, losing 2-3 to Liverpool. He can play at the level that is required. Sometimes we don't need the shiny new player, just the right player.

I don't believe Emery will bring him in, but with the right manager, he is a very good player.

To be fair to him I did call him a Spurs reject, slightly harsh but factual. He is a very good player.... In the right league. I do not believe he is suited to the premier league in any way. Happened to lots of players.... They succeed, come to the PL, don't succeed, leave and succeed, and will happen to lots more...

Edited by Villan_of_oz

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

To be fair to him I did call him a Spurs reject, slightly harsh but factual. He is a very good player.... In the right league. I do not believe he is suited to the premier league in any way. Happened to lots of players.... They succeed, come to the PL, don't succeed, leave and succeed, and will happen to lots more...

To be fair to him, he was brought in on loan initially and signed by Mourinho and was playing, then Conte came in at Spurs and didn’t like him and sent him out on loan were he was good for Emery on loan.

He just needs the right manager.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â