Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

3 hours ago, sne said:

Really? Always think he looks cumbersome and awkward when turning and changing direction. Must be his body type. Top speed is isn't really that important tbf. Agility, explosiveness and acceleration more interesting imo.

Fully agree, it's often deceiving going by some kind of registered top speed. I remember Björn Engels was said to rank very high at top speed and he was together with Carl Tiler one of the slowest defenders I can remember that we have had. As you say agility, quick on the turn and acceleration is really important, especially if we play with a high line.

I haven't been very impressed by Chaloba the few times I've seen him play, has looked a bit slow and clumsy imo, but I'm more than happy to be wrong on that point and I think we really need a CB.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Trev’s on this list too

If we signed one of these 3, given their ability to play CB and RB (plus Konsa) - would this enable us to sell Carlos and Cash? 

This feels like one of those deals which triggers a couple of sales and brings a net cash inflow, whilst improving the squad overall, given we can't have 30 players registered (outside of the youngsters). 
I would be all for it.

I would be slightly concerned if we signed Chalobah that he’s only ever been a squad player at Chelsea, they all seem to rate him over there but he’s never had a season where he started even half the games for them. I’ve always thought he’s a decent and solid player when I’ve seen him but there’s a difference to being a bit part player who does a reliable job when called upon versus being a genuine first choice regular.

I’d rather we signed Geertruida, he might take some time to adapt to the league but would be  signed as a direct improvement on the starting 11 as clear first choice right back whereas Chalobah seems like more of a utility player 

34 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Bulk?!? We got 4 players too many 

Think a lot of people read way too much into the champions league squad limit, you can have players around that are not in that squad 

7 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Think a lot of people read way too much into the champions league squad limit, you can have players around that are not in that squad 

We’re 2 players over the PL squad limit!!!!

so what are we exactly bulking here?!?!

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

We’re 2 players over the PL squad limit!!!!

so what are we exactly bulking here?!?!

i guess one of our LBs will go (as we have 3), that brings it down to 1 over, then we have Dendoncker?, who would bring it to 25.

after the its 1 out, 1 in?, ie Carlos out, replacement in etc?

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

i guess one of our LBs will go (as we have 3), that brings it down to 1 over, then we have Dendoncker?, who would bring it to 25.

after the its 1 out, 1 in?, ie Carlos out, replacement in etc?

Yes this makes more sense to what @pete101 is trying to say. We need to sell to buy.  

“Loans to bulk up a squad” implies we are thin. We are not thin. We got too many players 

United signing De Ligt 😕 will improve their backline significantly… even at a dip clubs like that can pull off marquee signings, anyway I don’t think its essential for us to sign any megastars in defence but in the attacking pyramid we could do with a star addition! 

Hate United so always have one eye on what there doing as i want us to crush them any chance we play them, Van Nilsterooy was a player i hated as he would always score against us around the times i wanted to beat them the most, now he’s part of their coaching staff hopefully hes on that touchline when we beat them 😂

7 minutes ago, RicRic said:

United signing De Ligt 😕 will improve their backline significantly… even at a dip clubs like that can pull off marquee signings, anyway I don’t think its essential for us to sign any megastars in defence but in the attacking pyramid we could do with a star addition! 

Hate United so always have one eye on what there doing as i want us to crush them any chance we play them, Van Nilsterooy was a player i hated as he would always score against us around the times i wanted to beat them the most, now he’s part of their coaching staff hopefully hes on that touchline when we beat them 😂

De Ligt is a poor signing in reality, he cant turn and will make Maguire look like Van der Ven when it comes to pace

Is a reason he failed at both Bayern and Juventus and both teams went backwards after signing him

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RicRic said:

United signing De Ligt 😕 will improve their backline significantly…

Failure at Bayern and Juventus. Another Donny van de Beek. 

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

De Ligt is a poor signing in reality, he cant turn and will make Maguire look like Van der Ven when it comes to pace

Is a reason he failed at both Bayern and Juventus and both teams went backwards after signing him

This is true. De Ligt is good in theory but not so much in practise.

Makes me happy Man U continue their long lastning shit signing run.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, david-avfc said:

would be slightly concerned if we signed Chalobah that he’s only ever been a squad player at Chelsea, they all seem to rate him over there but he’s never had a season where he started even half the games for them.

So you don't want us to sign a squad player who is highly rated by their current club, because they are a squad player at Chelsea?! Ok.

Edited by Made In Aston

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â