Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

On 08/08/2024 at 13:21, Jas10 said:

I’d be very surprised if we signed another midfielder, think we are very much done there.

A 10 and RB/CB may be all we do and the current priorities.

As I've said many times I think the best 10 we can get at this club is Tielemans. I'd much rather sign someone that lets him player there than sign a 10. 

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

As I've said many times I think the best 10 we can get at this club is Tielemans. I'd much rather sign someone that lets him player there than sign a 10. 

when you say a 10 you mean an attacking midfielder because he’s not a SS? I definitely don’t see him that advanced as a SS, and I think his best position is just a CM.

15 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

what Tielemens is a better 10 than buendia if he recovers fully?  Surely not.

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Sorry, we’ll have to  agree to disagree, but that sounds like a lack of ambition and our primary CM partnership will be Onana & Tielemans (established relationship and best we have there). We have too many players in that department anyway.

Youri showed versatility last season but we have options as it is, Bailey and Diaby played there too. With the adjustment of our side/set up and stepping into CL football… a classy number 10 makes a whole lot of sense. Onana made a lot of sense. Let’s see what we do in defence too.

Let’s not be complacent about our squad and team… we were mostly poor in all cup competitions last season (including Europa Conference League) yet did brilliantly to get 4th. The more help we can get, the better… but we do have great players. We shouldn’t put too much expectation or pressure on the youngsters either imo.

More options now but we should take good/reasonable opportunities to strengthen our team when they arise.

Many are stating or debating that our first 11 may be weaker or have lost something too… it’s a wait and see on that really. But, I’m sure Unai and Monchi drew up a list of targets or considerations a long while ago and Monchi and co are working hard to bring in the right players. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, sne said:

Isn't Chaloba quite slow? A pairing of him and Pau would have to play very deep.

I think speed and recovery pace are some of his biggest assets.

Apparently his top speed recorded is 34.10km/h, and for context Mbappe’s is 36.70km/h.

• Thanks 2

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I think speed and recovery pace are some of his biggest assets.

Apparently his top speed recorded is 34.10km/h, and for context Mbappe’s is 36.70km/h.

Really? Always think he looks cumbersome and awkward when turning and changing direction. Must be his body type. Top speed is isn't really that important tbf. Agility, explosiveness and acceleration more interesting imo.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Would be happy with Chalobah. Decent player. 

He's better than decent imo, I think he's a very good player and is getting the boot simply because he's "pure profit" like Gallagher

53 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Chalobah, another one I’d be very happy with. I love all 3 defender links.

Same, all would be improvements to our squad on Carlos. Also all versatile so can cover more than one position

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â