Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

I’d love us to sign a Christian Romero type CB, a mad bastard at the back to give us a bit of fear factor. 

I thought that would be what Carlos was but he’s more a playground bully, anyone who fits the bill out there?

7 hours ago, MrBlack said:

@burchy @Leeroy @paul514 

These three have all been banging the Gerty drum for some time. Someone else too...

Edit @CroVillan was the other one. 

Yeah, I wanted him because he would fit Unai's system to a tee. He is a right back but very versatile and he's also very comfortable on the ball with an excellent passing range. I also liked his experience for his age and thought he'd be a realistic target for us (if Kounde was available for £20-30m and a realistic target then I'd have favoured him but he isn't).

I've seen some saying his defensive numbers are not that high, maybe a bit of a concern, but Feyenoord's defence has been excellent since he became a regular a few years ago. Many top defenders don't have high defensive FBREF stats and I've watched him a few times and think he's very solid defensively with all the physical attributes of a top defender. He was one of the best defenders in the Eredivisie the last 2 seasons and although it's a step up in league I fancy him to adapt quickly. 

I was also very keen on Todibo as @paul514 was. It's a shame he's off to West Ham because I think he would have been an excellent signing for us. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Yeah, I wanted him because he would fit Unai's system to a tee. He is a right back but very versatile and he's also very comfortable on the ball with an excellent passing range. I also liked his experience for his age and thought he'd be a realistic target for us (if Kounde was available for £20-30m and a realistic target then I'd have favoured him but he isn't).

I've seen some saying his defensive numbers are not that high, maybe a bit of a concern, but Feyenoord's defence has been excellent since he became a regular a few years ago. Many top defenders don't have high defensive FBREF stats and I've watched him a few times and think he's very solid defensively with all the physical attributes of a top defender. He was one of the best defenders in the Eredivisie the last 2 seasons and although it's a step up in league I fancy him to adapt quickly. 

I was also very keen on Todibo as @paul514 was. It's a shame he's off to West Ham because I think he would have been an excellent signing for us. 

as you say it depends on the system and dominance of the team sometimes, and this is the case with him. Until Todibo has signed for someone from Nice I won't be pissed off, I was the same with Botman in the pre emery era

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

as you say it depends on the system and dominance of the team sometimes, and this is the case with him. Until Todibo has signed for someone from Nice I won't be pissed off, I was the same with Botman in the pre emery era

Looks like Todibo is having a medical at West Ham mate so sadly we'll have to let that one go. Don't see us or anyone else hijacking that now.

We've never been strongly linked to him anyway so I'm guessing he wasn't on the club's shortlist for whatever reason.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Osirus said:

I’d love us to sign a Christian Romero type CB, a mad bastard at the back to give us a bit of fear factor. 

I thought that would be what Carlos was but he’s more a playground bully, anyone who fits the bill out there?

Tyrone stamps on players faces. 

49 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The problem with this is that one injury and we're in trouble - if Konsa were to get injured, or Torres sent off against West Ham, you're talking about going into the Arsenal game without a recognised CB on the bench and a tactical change because Cash isn't a player who can act as third CB. Assuming we replace Carlos with Geetruida, and assuming that we're tactically similar to last year - you'd be starting games with all three of your available recognised CB's on the pitch.

Bogarde has been excellent in pre-season, he'll have a good career as a DM, he's not a Premier league centreback, if he ends up starting Premier League games we're in deep trouble.

Yep we need 4 centre backs and a youth team player.

37 minutes ago, Osirus said:

Tbf Zlatan deserved to have his head stamped on, arrogant prick 

Nah, Ibra was one of the last big characters in the game and he backed up the arrogance with being a genius. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not watching but apparently Baena is bossing the Olympic Final 

Scored.

• Like 1

Can see Todibo playing for West Ham for a season loan then joining Man Utd next summer if he performs well as it’s not an obligatory transfer at the end of the loan … A INEOS workaround 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Osirus said:

Romero should be sent off most weeks. I'd prefer to keep 11 on the pitch 😅

Edited by villan95

8 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Young Dolph ? 

" How the f£ck you miss a whole 100 shots? " would be apt for some of our performances.

Also... I doubt any on here even know who you are talking about , 😭 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" How the f£ck you miss a whole 100 shots? " would be apt for some of out performances.

Also... I doubt many of here even know who you are talking about , 😭 

Im surprised i even got this response… in shock right now tbh 😂 yeah it would be very fitting for us mate but not with our Watkins…think everyone will be like wth are they on about 🤣

Edited by RicRic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" How the f£ck you miss a whole 100 shots? " would be apt for some of our performances.

Also... I doubt any on here even know who you are talking about , 😭 

I might be 41, but I know who Young Dolph is (was). 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Im surprised i even got this response… in shock right now tbh 😂 yeah it would be very fitting for us mate but not with our Watkins…think everyone will be like wth are they on about 🤣

3 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I might be 41, but I know who Young Dolph is (was). 

Shhh... Not everyone needs to know who the VT gangstas are ... 👀😂

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â