Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

12 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

If that’s the lineup we face, we can just run straight down the middle! 

The Dendoncker says no.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Its a better fit.  He is differnt to pau. Better in air, physical and can play right back too. Emery likes his versatile players.

Tobido and pau would be a disaster cb pairing. It would only work if he played with mings

Fair enough, personally, I think the last thing we need is another right back - Konsa, Cash and Nedeljkovic have us very well stocked there - I'd much rather a CB that's a CB than a RB with the ability to fill in. Completely agree on the blend though. 

What we really need is a Tarkowski, or dare I say it a Maguire!

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Fair enough, personally, I think the last thing we need is another right back - Konsa, Cash and Nedeljkovic have us very well stocked there - I'd much rather a CB that's a CB than a RB with the ability to fill in. Completely agree on the blend though. 

tbh i would prefer an athletic, rapid, tall CB who can play a little, ironically, a right footed Mings type would be perfect alongside Pau.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah 28 games at CB and 52 at RB in last two seasons. He'll be the RCB in the back three in posession. 

That makes sense I guess if we're selling Cash - Konsa and Geertruida as the right sided defender with Nedeljkovic coming through.

We would though then still need a CB to back up Torres (perhaps on loan depending on when Mings is back) and a CB to replace Diego if he's going, but potentially not a CB to replace Konsa if Emery wants to keep him out on the right side, because we could rotate Konsa nd Geertruida.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

tbh i would prefer an athletic, rapid, tall CB who can play a little, ironically, a right footed Mings type would be perfect alongside Pau.

Ousmane Diomande would fit this profile quite nicely.

• Like 1

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Ousmane Diomande would fit this profile quite nicely.

dont know much about him, but if he is that type of player...... 👍

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Yep, a right footed Mings would definitely fit the bill, we need that physicality, someone with a presence and a bit of aggression.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PeterSw said:

So its likely to be Geertruida/Konsa/Torres as the defensive back 3 with Mings covering (when he's back).

Do we think Emery will be happy to have Bogarde as cover until Mings returns or could we be in for another CB on loan until we see what happens with Mings' return?

We need 5 in my opinion if we may be playing 3 of them at the same time. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, duke313 said:

How so?

Gomez.......Does have a few too many errors in him, from what I have seen.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

spacer.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

That makes sense I guess if we're selling Cash - Konsa and Geertruida as the right sided defender with Nedeljkovic coming through.

We would though then still need a CB to back up Torres (perhaps on loan depending on when Mings is back) and a CB to replace Diego if he's going, but potentially not a CB to replace Konsa if Emery wants to keep him out on the right side, because we could rotate Konsa nd Geertruida.

I think you may be disappointed - I can only see one defender being purchased, hopefully I’m wrong. 

Geertruida Konsa Pau Maatsen looks very tasty, but with just Mings as CB cover (if Carlos goes) it would be a concern. Unless they feel Geertruida and Bogarde can also cover CB well. 

• Like 2

Bogarde will be the 'other' CB along with Mings imo.  Given the extended minutes he has been getting this preseason- it seems pretty obvious to me.  If we acquire Geetruida- he can play both RB and RCB- covering 2 positions.  Perhaps Kosta goes on loan until January and Villa then can reassess between Cash and him as the backup RB.  I think our back line could be:

RB:  Geetruida/Konsa/Cash

RCB: Konsa/Geetruida/Bogarde

LCB: Torres/Mings/Bogarde

LB: Maatsen/Digne/Moreno (sell?)

So that would make our defender list:  Geetruida, Cash, Konsa, Bogarde, Torres, Mings, Maatsen, Digne.  With decisions to be made on Kosta and Moreno regarding keep/loan/sell.  This is how I see it.  We cannot just continue to add players and further bloat our squad.  UTV

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ejs1111 said:

Bogarde will be the 'other' CB along with Mings imo.  Given the extended minutes he has been getting this preseason- it seems pretty obvious to me.  If we acquire Geetruida- he can play both RB and RCB- covering 2 positions.  Perhaps Kosta goes on loan until January and Villa then can reassess between Cash and him as the backup RB.  I think our back line could be:

So that would make our defender list:  Geetruida, Cash, Konsa, Bogarde, Torres, Mings, Maatsen, Digne.  With decisions to be made on Kosta and Moreno regarding keep/loan/sell.  This is how I see it.  We cannot just continue to add players and further bloat our squad.  UTV

With how Kosta is performing, presume Cash will be sold too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ejs1111 said:

The problem with this is that one injury and we're in trouble - if Konsa were to get injured, or Torres sent off against West Ham, you're talking about going into the Arsenal game without a recognised CB on the bench and a tactical change because Cash isn't a player who can act as third CB. Assuming we replace Carlos with Geetruida, and assuming that we're tactically similar to last year - you'd be starting games with all three of your available recognised CB's on the pitch.

Bogarde has been excellent in pre-season, he'll have a good career as a DM, he's not a Premier league centreback, if he ends up starting Premier League games we're in deep trouble.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MrBlack said:

@burchy @Leeroy @paul514 

These three have all been banging the Gerty drum for some time. Someone else too...

Edit @CroVillan was the other one. 

Yes I have mentioned him a fair few times, I wouldn't say I am banging the drum for him though. He is a good player and I think he is a good bet.

It is rare for me to say we must have or get this player because x

it is more about fulfilling our needs with a player who can be sold on for more money later on to allow us to keep growing. This lad fits that bill for me whereas when I am talking about Todibo for centre back he falls into the former category where he is a must buy.

6 hours ago, Villa87 said:

Still think we need a quality cb to be honest. Perhaps Geetruida could fulfill the role. 

He can do the role but you wouldn't want him as first choice

5 hours ago, Hughes said:

I think it is hard to see a better squad player than Cash. Not everyone in the squad should be certain starters, it just does not work that way.We need a squad and he can play different positions (not saying he is great in them all). Besides, we cannot sell him if he wants to stay, and my clear impression is that he loves it here. 

We need the fee for him, his book value is Tiny and right now we have big pulling power in the transfer market due to CL and Emery. If we could get 25 I would sell, I would even consider 20, IMO he is worth 30 but he won't be for long if he isn't first choice here.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â