Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

So its likely to be Geertruida/Konsa/Torres as the defensive back 3 with Mings covering (when he's back).

Do we think Emery will be happy to have Bogarde as cover until Mings returns or could we be in for another CB on loan until we see what happens with Mings' return?

I think it is hard to see a better squad player than Cash. Not everyone in the squad should be certain starters, it just does not work that way.We need a squad and he can play different positions (not saying he is great in them all). Besides, we cannot sell him if he wants to stay, and my clear impression is that he loves it here. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

So its likely to be Geertruida/Konsa/Torres as the defensive back 3 with Mings covering (when he's back).

Do we think Emery will be happy to have Bogarde as cover until Mings returns or could we be in for another CB on loan until we see what happens with Mings' return?

I think keeping Bogarde will save us unnecessary moves, not sure if Swinkles will be loaned or not, but I’d be happy for both to be around until we know how Mings will be back. I don’t think Bogarde playing with other defender from the current ones will do worse than Carlos and Lenglet together (although I rate Carlos once he plays with Torres). Lenglet wasn’t the worse signing, but I don’t think we need a world class to surpass what he’s been doing. Bogarde can cover. Geertruida would be a key for such a move. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hughes said:

I think it is hard to see a better squad player than Cash. Not everyone in the squad should be certain starters, it just does not work that way.We need a squad and he can play different positions (not saying he is great in them all). Besides, we cannot sell him if he wants to stay, and my clear impression is that he loves it here. 

Cash won't be going anywhere, not this window anyway.  As you say, he'll be a useful squad player and may start some games, but he should no longer be first choice if we want to remain a top 4 team.

7 minutes ago, Hughes said:

Last season yes, we were desperate. This season for wide areas there is 4 players in the waiting list before him. I don’t think we should keep him if Geertruida signed. For his sake and us. No room in the squad as well. 

From what I’ve heard about Geertuida he is a versatile player but more of a right back than a centre back, although he can do a bit of both. 8 goals and 5 assists last season so he has more to his game than “just defending”. If we sell Carlos IMO we would still need to buy a natural centre back as a like for like replacement, we are short of centre backs anyway and if Carlos leaves we would only have Pau and Konsa as our available recognised centre backs

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Last season yes, we were desperate. This season for wide areas there is 4 players in the waiting list before him. I don’t think we should keep him if Geertruida signed. For his sake and us. No room in the squad as well. 

I am not sure about four ahead of him, at least not for right back? The young Serb is promising but he is not quite ready yet. Konsa - perhaps if not played as CB, but I think that depends on the opponent. Currently there is noone else.  I would not at all be surprised to see him start against West Ham, although I agree that he is not good enough to be a starter for a top 4 team. 

16 minutes ago, Hughes said:

Yeah Cash would be a good back up but not sure how happy he would be with that? Also a player who at the moment has a decent value which would inevitably fall if he struggled for minutes. Unfortunately for him I think his days are numbered if we sign Geertruida and with Kosta coming through, just a case of if he stays for a season or moves on immediately 

2 minutes ago, Hughes said:

I am not sure about four ahead of him, at least not for right back? The young Serb is promising but he is not quite ready yet. Konsa - perhaps if not played as CB, but I think that depends on the opponent. Currently there is noone else.  I would not at all be surprised to see him start against West Ham, although I agree that he is not good enough to be a starter for a top 4 team. 

I meant as a winger. RB we can’t have 3 of them at the squad.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hughes said:

He'd love it at Spurs more.  I've heard from a top tier source that a deal is pretty much done... 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

We can only sell Cash if someone wants to buy him.  He's not been linked with a move except to AC Milan who've just signed Emerson Royal.  

Carlos is linked to Sevilla, Fulham and West Ham (although they are signing Todibo now so are probably out).  Carlos is the most likely to go, therefore Geertruida is more likely to replace Carlos than Cash. 

a cartoon of randy from south park says that 's right oh my god

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

that must mean adeyemi definitely leaving probably moukoko too

£50m for adeyemi is about £25m too much IMO but wouldnt say no to either on a loan with buying options

Wouldnt take either. Adeyemi has been an awful signing for Dortmund and had some decent Champions League moments but isnt very good. Moukoko is a player that is miles behind his development, he should have been on loan last season or two and will struggle get that level now

3 hours ago, Wes said:

Ornstein reporting we've turned down first bid from Fulham for Diego Carlos. Most likely to push price up. Must have someone lined up.

talk of Pereira coming our way as part of the deal? 

12 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Off topic but there is just no strategy whatsoever with Chelsea's recruitment. Insane.

If they sign every winger they will eventually find a winning partnership 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Guess we know who was on the plane the other day from Lisbon.

Something tells me Chelsea might be a bit unbalanced next season.
image.png.14b1bf850181e8e9e822667968e6a1e5.png

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Something tells me Chelsea might be a bit unbalanced next season.
image.png.14b1bf850181e8e9e822667968e6a1e5.png

If that’s the lineup we face, we can just run straight down the middle! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â