MaVilla

4 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

No, we are selling Diego Carlos.

i hope we sell Carlos and Cash tbh.

Doubt we would tho, who knows.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

No, we are selling Diego Carlos.

Yeah I know but Cash will hardly get many minutes, prime time to sell him.

Just now, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Surely it must be though, given that Geertruida primerilly plays in Cash's position?  

He will operate as the defensive RB, which is basically a third CB. 

4 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Would he fit in one hand or would I need a second?!! 

Kenneth Williams Comedy GIF - Kenneth Williams Comedy Drama - Discover &  Share GIFs

An excellent question, though I'm unable to answer it, I'm afraid. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If Emery thinks that Nedeljkovic is good enough for the PL this season then it makes sense to try and sell Cash if we sign Geertruida. 

Geertruida will primarily play as a full back and cover as a CB when the formation allows. He would be replacing Cash as the starting full back. I don’t see how that’s not obvious. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If Emery thinks that Nedeljkovic is good enough for the PL this season then it makes sense to try and sell Cash if we sign Geertruida. 

We can only sell Cash if someone wants to buy him.  He's not been linked with a move except to AC Milan who've just signed Emerson Royal.  

Carlos is linked to Sevilla, Fulham and West Ham (although they are signing Todibo now so are probably out).  Carlos is the most likely to go, therefore Geertruida is more likely to replace Carlos than Cash. 

6 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

I get that, and by doing so take's Cash's spot in the side.  So it's related right?

It's related as they play in the same position--sure. However, the links to these players are as a result of Carlos being sold, without that, the links wouldn't be here.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Geertruida is primarily a RB in the same way Konsa is primarily a CB who can fill in at RB.

Yeah 28 games at CB and 52 at RB in last two seasons. He'll be the RCB in the back three in posession. 

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

It's related as they play in the same position--sure. However, the links to these players are as a result of Carlos being sold, without that, the links wouldn't be here.

I expect Konsa takes Carlos role as partner for Pau and Geertruida takes Konsa's role splitting time as RB / CB as per last season. Cash is the attacking option for RB 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I expect Konsa takes Carlos role as partner for Pau and Geertruida takes Konsa's role splitting time as RB / CB as per last season. Cash is the attacking option for RB 

Fewer games for Cash as Kosta gets up to speed with the league. Not a bad dilemma to have. We will be far more productive down the left side with Maasten so I do think a right back ahead of Cash is better. Especially on the defensive side of things. Cash will probably move up the line. 

I simultaneously think Cash isn't technically good enough for Emery's system in any position and that it may well be a negative for the team to sell him this window in terms of morale and stability. Needs must if there's just no room or we need the, erm, cash (or there's an offer just too good to turn down) or he actively wants away, but we've already had a *lot* of change in the squad in just a few weeks (with more to come) while he's clearly good friends with many of his teammates and is acclimated to the league and country. Ideally, Geertie rotating with him for the first half of the season at least with Ned in the cups and off the bench to ease the transition, let Matty go in January if necessary, whoever ends up with Trippier will need a replacement by then.

39 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Geertruida will primarily play as a full back and cover as a CB when the formation allows. He would be replacing Cash as the starting full back. I don’t see how that’s not obvious. 

Because you move past 4-4-2 and 98% of people get confused!

He'll play where the boss man wants him to play.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â