Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Hmm, Todibo to West Ham then. I do wonder what's stopped bigger clubs being interested, including us!

He's a very handy CB in a position we're short.

Ollie will **** roast him mind.

Tobido reminds me of the Kehrer they signed. 

Was hyped right up but just seemed to play a few games over a couple of seasons and get shipped off. 

They will miss Zouma, I seen he's off to Saudi. 

I think we need a RB/CB hybrid, if we could find another Konsa but one at the level where Ezri was a year or two ago so they can develop, we will do well. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I think we need a RB/CB hybrid, if we could find another Konsa but one at the level where Ezri was a year or two ago so they can develop, we will do well. 

I doubt they’ll miss Zouma that much, he’s dropped off physically and their fans seem sick of him.

Kurt Zouma only has one speed now, and it is ‘slow’. Jogging back, jogging forward, jogging to track fast-disappearing opposition forwards who go on to score: A great player in his heyday, but Chelsea knew what was coming when they sold him.”

https://www.claretandhugh.info/stateside-cup-zouma-jogs-his-way-through-the-highlights/amp/

As for us, finding another Konsa would be nice but would also leave us with little or no aerial presence and problems defending balls into the box. If we count on Mings to sort that out, we could concede quite a few goals if Mings isn’t up to speed until the new year.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue
  • Like 1

No he isn't :lol:

He's about 8 foot tall and sticks his head on loads.

He is tall but isnt good in the air. Good on the ball but him and Pau would be rife for teams to hit long throws and set pieces into the box

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Tobido reminds me of the Kehrer they signed. 

Was hyped right up but just seemed to play a few games over a couple of seasons and get shipped off. 

And Kehrer quickly ushered out the door this summer. Think even made a loss on him

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jigen said:

Joe Gomez is a disastrous defender. 

I don't get why some on here hate him so much. My Liverpool supporting mates have always rated him and back when we were linked under Gerrard they were saying he won't be sold he's rated by Klopp. 

He's an England international, brings a wealth of experience, is amazingly versatile, even plays LB. Would be an immediate impact AND his Aerial win % is unreal, wins 80% of them placing him in top 1%. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I don't get why some on here hate him so much. My Liverpool supporting mates have always rated him and back when we were linked under Gerrard they were saying he won't be sold he's rated by Klopp. 

He's an England international, brings a wealth of experience, is amazingly versatile, even plays LB. Would be an immediate impact AND his Aerial win % is unreal, wins 80% of them placing him in top 1%. 

Gomez had his career ruined by injuries, was an incredible talent. Everytime I see him play he looks poor, clumsy and error prone, if he was not so versatile, I feel he'd have been sold years ago. I do not rate him at all and hope we dont sign him.

No he isn't :lol:

He's about 8 foot tall and sticks his head on loads.

Well he hasn't great stats on Aerials won and win% in Ligue 1. 

Take solace in that IF we wanted to sign him we would be making the move to sign him. I think he's likely more of the Pau type role of CB and thus not the type of CB we want as a possible partner to Pau. It seems clear we want someone who can allow Konsa to play in CB alongside Pau and they take the RCB/RB place.

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is tall but isnt good in the air. Good on the ball but him and Pau would be rife for teams to hit long throws and set pieces into the box

Agreed, they wouldn't be the right partnership. Mings + Todibo would be though. 

Pau + Geertruida would be

Pau + Konsa + Geertruida also good

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Wouldn't Onana also be in the box for those?

27 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I have always liked Gomez, what kind of fee do you think he would be availible for?

22 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Wouldn't Onana also be in the box for those?

Not if they are crosses from open play. We defend with 3 at the back in possession. Also at Set Pieces the more big lads we have the better.

20 minutes ago, Knutserov13 said:

I have always liked Gomez, what kind of fee do you think he would be availible for?

Knowing Liverpool it would probably be a really high fee.

That aside, I can see positives with Gomez too. Good mates with Konsa since youth at Charlton and seems a humble bloke, so likely a good cultural fit. Plus used to playing a high line, versatile etc.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

Be very intresting to see who is on the Flight to Germany today or tomorrow as in if Carlos & Duran are not on it you can think they are close to leaving. Although the Duran one is abit odd as I  that apparently there has been a deal on the table for Duran from Saudi for a while 💁‍♂️ so I'm not sure why this hasn't gone through if true ? & guessing Duran needs to be sold to bring Felix in, is there a world where Duran stays & frlix still comes in ? Lot of questions at the moment.

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Agree. Todibo is a very progressive centre back, you couldn't start him and Pau together. 

I thinknif we had that partnership you stick us against any team thats goid in the air we could get spanked by 3 or 4 easy

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Why so?

Its a better fit.  He is differnt to pau. Better in air, physical and can play right back too. Emery likes his versatile players.

Tobido and pau would be a disaster cb pairing. It would only work if he played with mings

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â