Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

My opinion is, Mings can defend better than Pau.....go with that, where ever you want.

I accept, they have different attributes as their forte and unai will use that in his plans.

I see a horses for courses scenario, where game time will be managed according to the managers set up and who we are facing.

Time will inevitably catch up with Ty.....but I still see a script, where he will get used, when fit.....both players offer varying attributes.

but I will say this, Mings is no slouch, either, with his forward passes and movement.

We will see in any new signings come in at CB

I feel you bro, I love Ty too.

But it’s clear that Pau will always be the number one. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

My opinion is, Mings can defend better than Pau.....go with that, where ever you want.

I accept, they have different attributes as their forte and unai will use that in his plans.

I see a horses for courses scenario, where game time will be managed according to the managers set up and who we are facing.

Time will inevitably catch up with Ty.....but I still see a script, where he will get used, when fit.....both players offer varying attributes.

but I will say this, Mings is no slouch, either, with his forward passes and movement.

We will see in any new signings come in at CB

Had it not been for the injury, I think Ty and Pau would’ve been a brilliant partnership.

And I don’t think two left footers would’ve been a big deal either, plenty of teams play with two right footers.

Mings, Torres and Konsa is a formidable defensive unit, with the LB able to bomb on.

Much depends on Ty’s condition and robustness now… but it’s encouraging to hear from him and Unai speak of him. He was at the Walsall game yesterday and spoke of his excitement and admiration for our achievements last season.

Don’t write off the warrior 💪

Don’t think he’ll be making any major demands either and just be happy to be back in action for us, a real stalwart and icon of the club.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

I feel you bro, I love Ty too.

But it’s clear that Pau will always be the number one. 

I reiterate, he defends better than Pau.

I understand that Pau is the apple of Unai's eye......and I am not discussing one or the other.....I am merely saying they offer different things.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Had it not been for the injury, I think Ty and Pau would’ve been a brilliant partnership.

And I don’t think two left footers would’ve been a big deal either, plenty of teams play with two right footers.

Mings, Torres and Konsa is a formidable defensive unit, with the LB able to bomb on.

Much depends on Ty’s condition and robustness now… but it’s encouraging to hear from him and Unai speak of him. He was at the Walsall game yesterday and spoke of his excitement and admiration for our achievements last season.

Don’t write off the warrior 💪

Don’t think he’ll be making any major demands either and just be happy to be back in action for us, a real stalwart and icon of the club.

I couldn't put it better.

I am also taken by Bogarde and Swinkels.....these boys have to be groomed in to first team Premier league football, gradually of course, it's the only place to learn.

This may scupper any notion of Transfer talk for CB's

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I understand that Pau is the apple of Unai's eye......and I am not discussing one or the other.....I am merely saying they offer different things.

They do offer different things, Pau suits the possession based game Unai wants us to play. Where we do miss mings is defending set pieces but I'm guessing Onana improves us in that respect. 

Would like to see a back 3 konsa, pau and mings. Pau's passing ability is just so good it's hard to see him being left out, the pass that started Ramseys goal was sublime.

Just now, TRO said:

I am also taken by Bogarde and Swinkels.....these boys have to be groomed in to first team Premier league football, gradually of course, it's the only place to learn.

I’m not so sure… we have to be careful and not get carried away with our youngsters.

My only fear this season is complacency…CL and aiming for top 4 again is a big challenge. We need to be stronger.

It’s too early to make a call on Mings and Carlos looks like leaving… a CB or defensive signing would be welcome.

However, the link to Geertruida is encouraging as he he can cover both RB and CB, can even step in at DM, allowing Konsa to remain at CB. Unai does appear to like versatile players and that makes sense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

The blend of Mings’ and Pau’s attributes would just be 👌

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

They do offer different things, Pau suits the possession based game Unai wants us to play. Where we do miss mings is defending set pieces but I'm guessing Onana improves us in that respect. 

Would like to see a back 3 konsa, pau and mings. Pau's passing ability is just so good it's hard to see him being left out, the pass that started Ramseys goal was sublime.

To continue this we need to, go to the Pau Torres thread...see you there.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, macandally said:

What’s the difference between aerial duals won and absolute duels won?  Also, is there an absolutely, definitely duals won or an absolute almost certain duals won? 

When I say absolute I mean an absolute number i.e. a total number instead of a percentage or fraction of something else! Not absolute as in complete or definitely!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Pau is the apple of the eye because he’s a better player than Mings. A significantly better player. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I understand what you are saying, but I think their apparent development (and remember, Swinkels is just back after a long injury) will mean we will look at a more experienced CB, maybe on a free - so Hermoso or Hummels - to give us what we need for the next couple of years and allow them to develop further

(Note - I am not recommending Hermoso or Hummels; they are just the 2 that came to mind given our upcoming CL campaign).

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â