Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

4 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

As in only 3% are better.

isnt it only 2% in reality, as it only goes to the 99th percentile and the top 1%?

Nothing to base this on other than a hunch....... but i noticed that Bidace randomly switched his squad number from 16 to 19.......  leaving 16 free for someone....... Alex Baena is nailed on - get down the bookies with your lifes savings.........

1 minute ago, Adbo9 said:

Nothing to base this on other than a hunch....... but i noticed that Bidace randomly switched his squad number from 16 to 19.......  leaving 16 free for someone....... Alex Baena is nailed on - get down the bookies with your lifes savings.........

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

As in only 3% are better.

According to FBref Geertruida is in the 93rd percentile of % aerial duels won but only in the 22nd percentile for absolute number of aerial duels won (drops to the bottom 1 percentile if compared to centre backs!).

One of those stats is masking the other, he’s either one of the best defenders in the air or one of the worst! Or maybe it averages out to being average? It shows the idiosyncrasies of using stats to judge players, two closely related stats with opposite results and conclusions. With this guy the only way we’ll know if he’s good in the air or not is to watch him play, like it was before we all got obsessed with stats!

My guess is he has a better physical profile than Cash but weaker than most out-and-out centre backs. From what I’ve read about him he is more of natural right back who can also fill in at centre back rather than the other way around like some defenders we’ve been linked with.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

According to FBref Geertruida is in the 93rd percentile of % aerial duels won but only in the 22nd percentile for absolute number of aerial duels won (drops to the bottom 1 percentile if compared to centre backs!).

One of those stats is masking the other, he’s either one of the best defenders in the air or one of the worst! Or maybe it averages out to being average? It shows the idiosyncrasies of using stats to judge players, two closely related stats with opposite results and conclusions. With this guy the only way we’ll know if he’s good in the air or not is to watch him play, like it was before we all got obsessed with stats!

My guess is he has a better physical profile than Cash but weaker than most out-and-out centre backs. From what I’ve read about him he is more of natural right back who can also fill in at centre back rather than the other way around like some defenders we’ve been linked with.

What’s the difference between aerial duals won and absolute duels won?  Also, is there an absolutely, definitely duals won or an absolute almost certain duals won? 

Edited by macandally

1 hour ago, Adbo9 said:

Resigning Chambers - can play DM, RB, CB

1 hour ago, Adbo9 said:

Or the work-experience kid printed the 9 upside down by accident.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adbo9 said:

well its either this or were getting Michael Carrick out of retirement

Na it's Southgate as the new CB.

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

2 of the goals today came from precise Pau long balls. He is essential to Emery system. Mings can't do what he does. 

and vice versa

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

2 of the goals today came from precise Pau long balls. He is essential to Emery system. Mings can't do what he does. 

I wouldn’t say he can’t do that. He’s certainly had his fair share of quality long balls.

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

I wouldn’t say he can’t do that. He’s certainly had his fair share of quality long balls.

He was very good, it’s easy to forget. Went up a few levels under Unai.

The assist for Ings was great too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

and vice versa

No. Not really.

It’s fairly obvious Mings will leave us next sunmer if he is fit. Mings will be back up to Pau this season or maybe a replacement for the very physical games. 

Mings will want and deserve to be a captain and to play. Unfortunately, barring an injury to Pau he’s not getting back into this team. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

No. Not really.

It’s fairly obvious Mings will leave us next sunmer if he is fit. Mings will be back up to Pau this season or maybe a replacement for the very physical games. 

Mings will want and deserve to be a captain and to play. Unfortunately, barring an injury to Pau he’s not getting back into this team. 

My opinion is, Mings can defend better than Pau.....go with that, where ever you want.

I accept, they have different attributes as their forte and unai will use that in his plans.

I see a horses for courses scenario, where game time will be managed according to the managers set up and who we are facing.

Time will inevitably catch up with Ty.....but I still see a script, where he will get used, when fit.....both players offer varying attributes.

but I will say this, Mings is no slouch, either, with his forward passes and movement.

We will see if any new signings come in at CB

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â