Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

West ham have showed real ambition? 

- Onana is multiple levels above Kilman.

- Philogene is at least the equivalent of Summerville and far better for us as he’s a known quantity.

- don’t get me started again on spending 50m (inc salary) on a goal shy striker who is going to be worthless and 35 when his deal ends in 4 years time. 

- Guilherme - who knows what this kid will do. 
- Rodriguez - a 30 year old journeyman midfielder 

Quite frankly, we wouldn’t sign a single one of these players. Possibly Summerville but we clearly went with Philogene instead. 

They will be stronger but to hold them out as some beacon of ambition and implying that we aren’t - when we’ve spent the most in Europe - is ridiculous. 

This place 😂

I've done neither.

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Think it's still fairly obvious we need another 8 instead of Barkley. Though it seems shifting Carlos/Cash/Moreno/Dendoncker is the priority right now. 

Wharton would be my choice.

I don't think people are especially rating West Ham's window just acknowledging that it is a tough league and we are going into it with a new challenge, balancing the Champions League with the Premier league. Luckily we have the best manager to strike the right balance again 👍 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I think that is a leap.

While I wouldn't go as far as the original poster,  West Ham have been qualifying for Europe more regularly than we have (before Emery), have won a European trophy 2 years ago, and have some good players. I don't think it is unreasonable to think they will be breathing down our necks if we for whatever reason don't quite click as we did last season. I am sure Newcastle fans this time last year didn't think we'd be swapping places with them?

Oh, it was nothing to do with the footballing side of things. 

17 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Think it's still fairly obvious we need another 8 instead of Barkley. Though it seems shifting Carlos/Cash/Moreno/Dendoncker is the priority right now. 

Think it's still fairly obvious this isn't going to happen. He's only been here 5 weeks!

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I still haven't given up on Mings....He still has something the others haven't, aggression and aerial ability.

We also have a rake of games to play this season....I think he will come back to full fitness.

I too think Mings will get fit and sharp this season, but i doubt that will be till the second half of the season.

We will need another cb till then and a replacement for Carlos. But a replacement Carlos is the minimum imo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, daggy_333 said:

Isn't Bogarde the same height as Konsa?

So I thought he was 5'10, but apparently he is 6ft. So I take that back. He is tall enough. I'm even more optimistic for his future now. Looks to be ready for the championship at least. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Best West Ham transfer window since they signed Kalvin Phillips

47 minutes ago, duke313 said:

And that was their best window since they signed Ings 🤣

spacer.png

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

I’d be very surprised if we signed another midfielder, think we are very much done there.

A 10 and RB/CB may be all we do and the current priorities.

56 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Is there actual people really rating West Ham’s window?

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe9105opz5g9syzhd6q7l5

I think they have done some good business. Kilman is a defender Watkins rate as one of the best in the league.

Guido Rodrigez is an a very good dm. They have 2 excellent dm operators in him and Alvarez.

Fulkrug is likely a colossal waste of money, I expect him to flop.

The Brazilian kid could be anything, will need time though for sure.

Summerville is  good player, but I don't see him as huge quality. Will need time also.

Paqueta still facing gambling charges I believe. 

Mixed bag but a couple of good one for the immediate term, and a couple of good longer term investments.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â