Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

One of the biggest truisms in top level football is don't try to integrate new CB pairing at beginning of season. I've said Carlos needs replacing for ages so please make it happen,  but thinking Torres and Konsa shouldn't be nailed on CB pairing right now is stupid, and some have suggested that. 

You make a good point. However Pau and Konsa aren't a very compatible pairing and they weren't great last season. I'd like to see a proper stopper type (aggressive, that seeks to win the ball, not just defend against it) brought in to play alongside Pau.

We can integrate them gradually, rather than just throwing him in.

Edited by Philosopher
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Do we not have a young promising CB for the future with Bogarde?🤔

and Swinkels.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

You make a good point. However Pau and Konsa aren't a very compatible pairing and they weren't great last season. I'd like to see a proper stopper type (aggressive, that seeks to win the ball, not just defend against it) brought in to play alongside Pau.

We can integrate them gradually, rather than just throwing him in.

I still haven't given up on Mings....He still has something the others haven't, aggression and aerial ability.

We also have a rake of games to play this season....I think he will come back to full fitness.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

His goals to minutes is probably better than Ollie's. Great record for Germany too mostly off the bench. 

Kudus, Paqueta, Alvarez, Bowen (although I prefer Bailey) could all get in our team. Even Ward Prowse's set pieces would be useful.

I don't know who I'd drop because many of our attacking players (in particular) are new and I haven't seen them at this level or they are coming back from long term injuries, but West Ham have got players I would definitely take here and are a dark horse to do well next season.

We'll probably still finish above them but can't get complacent that we don't have areas we need to fix in the transfer window. Getting Geertruida would help us a lot.

Clearly a wind up merchant. No point in even discussing this further. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

I still haven't given up on Mings....He still has something the others haven't, aggression and aerial ability.

We also have a rake of games to play this season....I think he will come back to full fitness.

2 of the goals today came from precise Pau long balls. He is essential to Emery system. Mings can't do what he does. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

2 of the goals today came from precise Pau long balls. He is essential to Emery system. Mings can't do what he does. 

Pau was always going to replace Mings in Emery's system, it just happened a lot sooner because of the injury.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

More and more are seeing the truth. 

I think that is a leap.

While I wouldn't go as far as the original poster,  West Ham have been qualifying for Europe more regularly than we have (before Emery), have won a European trophy 2 years ago, and have some good players. I don't think it is unreasonable to think they will be breathing down our necks if we for whatever reason don't quite click as we did last season. I am sure Newcastle fans this time last year didn't think we'd be swapping places with them?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Yeah, to be fair--I've no business talking about him.

Transfer link.. Hmmm, from Lisbon? Let me think.

Felix would be back in MAdrid by now wouldn't he? Unless he's really avoiding Simeone

Sporting have 2 promising young CBs (Inacio and Diomande) so 🤞could be them

Just now, _AA_786 said:

Felix would be back in MAdrid by now wouldn't he? Unless he's really avoiding Simeone

Sporting have 2 promising young CBs (Inacio and Diomande) so 🤞could be them

Diomande would be an incredible signing. However, I'd be surprised if either of those players signed for us.

There an issue with some of our new players, hard to spell 🤣

I think the RB mentioned could be good for us (based on reports and those who watched him), will be perfect to get him while shifting Cash. We could still have an issue for the LCB backup hopefully Mings can still do a job. I will be happy for Bogarde to be around Unai seem to rate him, he’s good at building play. Not sure how he’d do that in the left side. But this way we can have more depths with less squad number. Bogarde, Jaden and Ramsey can be part of the 4 players, then it will depend on wether Archer stays or not. 

Geertruida (Can play RB/CB)

Hermoso (Can play LB/CB also free)

AM/SS/10 (Felix, Goncalves, Baena)

Carlos/Moreno/Duran/Cash out

Would be a perfect window.

Edited by AshVilla

we do need a RB and forward/no.10 type, 100%.

Will be interesting to see any business we do, as if we bring in another RB, Cash can go, we also need a CB if Carlos goes.

we also still need to loan/sell a left back, Dendoncker, Archer.

Ideal end to what has already been an insanely busy window...

Sell:

Carlos

Duran

Moreno

Buy:

Geertruida / Diomande / Diakité

Felix

Give away:

Donk

Edited by MrBlack

Yesterday match gives us more confidence (as the earlier games made us a bit down), Bogarde and Gauci showed good confidence level, then a huge improvement from Jaden. Ramsey featuring full half, while Kosta showing a very promising performance. 

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Geertruida (Can play RB/CB)

Hermoso (Can play LB/CB also free)

AM/SS/10 (Felix, Goncalves, Baena)

Carlos/Moreno/Duran/Cash out

Would be a perfect window.

If we had those 3 coming, Selling Digne would make sense (Moreno for now is the one to go but once we have Hermoso I think saving more wages through Digne could be better). Actually would even consider selling both if good offer came while utilizing Iling there as a third choice. We could be short of strikers, but Archer as a backup until January atleast. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â