Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Those 3 played last season and we still conceded too many goals.

It’s a problem.

Torres not being able to defend is the main issue but because he’s Spanish and can pass a bit, everybody just ignores it.  

Said before but Torres is probably the 3rd name on the teamsheet after Martinez and Watkins. He’s completely pivotal to how Emery wants us playing - he’s never going to be dropped, so him “not defending” will be all season long. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

That’s fine. Still doesn’t change the fact he can’t defend. 

It’s a really uncomfortable conversation for a lot of people, I get it, but he needs to improve defensively otherwise we’ll continue to leak more goals than a top team should and will heavily rely on Martinez again this season.

Konsa and Mings are miles ahead of him at actually defending. 

I don’t disagree with the last bit, but I also don’t think you’ll see much change in his play. He’s not going to become aerially dominant or strong against an opponent - that’s not him.

Last season felt weird with goals conceded anyway. I think Man City and Arsenal were normal (didn’t concede many), Liverpool conceded quite a few and then the rest of the league conceded loads - bar Everton(?). 

Its clear to me we still need a striker. I dont really like rodgers up front. I think he is far better as a attacking midfielder.

Id keep archer around. If he gets chance he scores. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Its clear to me we still need a striker. I dont really like rodgers up front. I think he is far better as a attacking midfielder.

Id keep archer around. If he gets chance he scores. 

No way we get a striker unless if Duran leaves.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

No way we get a striker unless if Duran leaves.

100%

We are not going in for 4 strikers.

For me archer might not be as explosive as duran but he has the right attitude and respects the club/fans.

Durans the one that can go

I've been impressed with Philogene, Nedeljkovic and Bogarde. Rogers has been great but I expected that, he's a fantastic player. 

I think we are fine in defence (can let Moreno move on). If Mings is back on the bench in September. Bogarde and then Kamara (when he's back if needed) can provide depth at CB.  

• Like 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

I've been impressed with Philogene, Nedeljkovic and Bogarde. Rogers has been great but I expected that, he's a fantastic player. 

I think we are fine in defence (can let Moreno move on). If Mings is back on the bench in September. Bogarde and then Kamara (when he's back if needed) can provide depth at CB.  

I was hoping we would have sold cash off and top rb in to compete with kosta but i dont think thats going to happen this window tbh

The 3 i think need to go are moreno dendonker and duran. Get felix in to replace duran and i think we are good for season as we have enough cover at dm and lb.

I still think we need another diaby replacement as only thats pacey like that is JPB and bailey. The teams lacking abit of pace

On 07/08/2024 at 08:21, The_Steve said:

Completely relaxed. Fully trust Unai and Monchi to know what we need. Still weeks left of the window - and I honestly don’t care what clubs like Palace and West Ham bring in. Great for them - but they are not competition. We’ve seen how quickly we can sign players and indeed move them on. The squad is very big still so expect more tinkering to help us bring in names. 

It is very arrogant to dismiss teams like that, West Ham will be in the pack from 5th to 9th I suspect, they have upgraded their manager and parts of their team. They don’t seem to be done either and showing some real ambition. Palace looked very good back end of last season but seem to be selling some key players, so I’m less concerned about them.

We could finish anywhere between 4th and 9th given how competitive the league is, but will be towards the lower end of that if we don’t sign the improvements we need to the team. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Those 3 played last season and we still conceded too many goals.

It’s a problem.

Torres not being able to defend is the main issue but because he’s Spanish and can pass a bit, everybody just ignores it.  

You're aware we signed Onana, right?  He will help massively with defending set pieces and defending in general.

• Like 2

I would like a CB and a SS.

In an ideal world it would be Carlos out and Chalobah in. Really good CB, good in the air, decent ball player, could fill in at RB if needed. Perfect age (25 yo). Joao Felix in as SS. One LB to go, Donk out .

If one of Archer or Duran leaves we might need a striker aswell.

If we could shift Olsen for a better GK that would be the icing on the cake.

• Like 1

Not sure about others, but it really does feel like the transfer market is waiting for a few dominos to fall before multiple moves happen. Other than the Olympics, I think most players should be back with their clubs now after the various tournaments so hopefully that's a catalyst for movement.

Like most on here, I'd love another CB (or two if we sell Carlos) and to upgrade Duran if he can't get his head right.

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

This is a joke right? Martinez Pau Konsa it's different from meaningless pre season games

Did we have the same issues with them last season ?

2 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Geertruida is the player I wanted all summer, his versatility is a huge asset and he can defend too. Hopefully we get him.

1 minute ago, wishywashy said:

Now this is more like it… versatile player too.

Maybe we see activity heating up now and new targets coming to light 🤔

Presumably Cash leaves if we go for him?

Kosta has looked good, I’d like him to say with us rather than go anywhere on loan.

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

It is very arrogant to dismiss teams like that, West Ham will be in the pack from 5th to 9th I suspect, they have upgraded their manager and parts of their team. They don’t seem to be done either and showing some real ambition. Palace looked very good back end of last season but seem to be selling some key players, so I’m less concerned about them.

We could finish anywhere between 4th and 9th given how competitive the league is, but will be towards the lower end of that if we don’t sign the improvements we need to the team. 

Agree we've not consistently finished high enough in the league to be able to dismiss teams like West Ham and Palace entirely but we should be aiming for targets beyond what they are.

Might be alone in this but I actually quite like what West Ham have done if you ignore some of the contracts they've given and put the players into the context of where they were;

• Manager was getting abuse for being dull so they've got a more progressive manager (although i'm not his biggest fan)
  • Defence has the big lumps some on here want us to buy. They needed a ball playing CB and they've got one at their level / in their price range
  • Replaced the calamatous Philips with an experienced free who was expected to go to Barca if they weren't broke
  • Added a young supposedly exciting unknown winger to again keep the fans happy and he may be a superstar as he was the 3rd part of the young Palmeiras trio who lots was after
  • They were crying out for an out and out striker and made moves for multiple targets. They've ended up with someone who's in form, a german international and is a good finisher. Yes he;s old but he has Bowen, Kudus etc. behind him so he needs to stay in the box

If they get some better options at both full back positions, they could be a very tidy team.

Only one I'd have liked for us was maybe Fullkrug on loan or for 10m but aside from that, I'd take our signings over theirs. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â