Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, striker said:

Not competition eh? Palace put five past Villa last game of the season.

West Ham with their signings are much stronger this season which Villa are soon to find out.

It's arrogant in the extreme to dismiss such teams and the type of attitude that may very well come back and bite you in the arse.

They've made some improvements but I wouldn't be over the moon with either of their windows if it happened to us. 

1 minute ago, VillaJay said:

We've already seen, We qualified for the champions league last season and Pau Torres was a big reason in that, as was Dougie.

I do wonder if you actually watch Villa play sometimes?

So much so that Luiz has been sold!

Going forward Torres is excellent there is no doubt about that but his lack of pace and physicality worries me particularly playing in the CL this season.

• Like 1

Palace and West Ham won't get 70+ points next season, that's what we're aiming for, they're not our competition.

If we don't achieve that, it won't be because Palace or West Ham bettered that number.

• Like 1

Palace look like they're selling 2 of their best 3 players, they've bought well but there's not suggestion they will be better this year

West ham are a mixed bag, fullkrug might work but 4 years is crazy unless they can flog him to the Saudis, there'd be outrage on here if we paid that money for kilman

1 minute ago, VillaJay said:

Palace and West Ham won't get 70+ points next season, that's what we're aiming for, they're not our competition.

If we don't achieve that, it won't be because Palace or West Ham bettered that number.

That's what we're aiming for that's not necessarily what we'll get...

Theres a danger that the EL race next year is a tight one and we could definitely be in that rather than a CL one 

Came for transfer updates.

Saw fhat we are doing the " Doomed without Doug" and " No he was shit " anyway cycle again

We desperately need a signing lol.

Looking forward to the match 

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's what we're aiming for that's not necessarily what we'll get...

Theres a danger that the EL race next year is a tight one and we could definitely be in that rather than a CL one 

Even if they finish ahead of us, it's because we will have failed in our own objectives, fwiw I think they're decent sides, but our competition for maintaining our CL place at this moment in time is Utd, Newcastle, Spurs and Chelsea, we finished ahead of all of them last season, but will be tougher again.

West Ham and Palace are not better than any of them sides.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Who gives a shite what others are doing and some of y’all seem to be rattled by West Ham 😂… this place is getting full of drama queens,  doom & gloom merchants and also a sense of entitlement from some … never change VT 😂

You're just in denial, we're doing a Fulham again ...

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, TRO said:

But very good DM's can do a lot more than just DM work.

as they dominate the position, space opens up, to support the offensive.....we only have to look at Rodri, that what the very best do.

Agreed on that, Kamara is exceptional at various parts of the game.

Even the difference between Barrenechea and Dendoncker is clearly evident.

A modern day DM has a lot to do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

I wouldnt be that excited if we had signed any of the players that have joined West Ham this summer. Kilman is a mid-table centre back, Fullkrug is decent enough but in his 30s, Summerville is good at Championship level but no guarantees he makes the step up, Guilherme is too young to know anything about him... Nothing there suggests they've really done enough to upset the order at the top of the table. 

Way I judge these debates are simple, would any of West Ham signings get in our starting 11

Like you I don't think so

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Who gives a shite what others are doing and some of y’all seem to be rattled by West Ham 😂… this place is getting full of drama queens,  doom & gloom merchants and also a sense of entitlement from some … never change VT 😂

A lot of similar posters who were whining that we would be caught by United, Chelsea, Spurs etc last year

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Can we buy a CB or two please before the season starts, it's making me anxious?

Yep me too. I’m sure we will but jeez….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaJay said:

We've already seen, We qualified for the champions league last season and Pau Torres was a big reason in that, as was Dougie.

I do wonder if you actually watch Villa play sometimes?

Everton fan who bizarrely doesn't rate Villa players who got top 4 last season

• Like 2

Yeah it’s a dereliction of duty by Monchi whose job should be on the line and I wonder how much time fans will give Emery if we start with another spanking and slow start - will he get  5 games before his position is questioned ?  Am I doing the hyperbole right ? 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Can we buy a CB or two please before the season starts, it's making me anxious?

No Carlos involved again, surely he has to be gone with at least one coming in. 

You’ve got to think that the club are working hard to bring in a new CB, we can all see the need so obviously Emery can? Just gotta be patient, they’ll sort it in good time… hopefully!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â