Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 hours ago, RicRic said:

Worth noting its probably best to acknowledge, rather than let our ego’s get in the way which many of us succumb to, but i had to pull this one up as an example because since then it is hard to deny that West Ham are making significant steps to try break into that top 8 mould, i could see from then they had serious intent, yes i agree their manager has to still earn his stripes but it could happen for him there quite easily with the moves they are making. You could in a few months pull this up and say look at how much they are failing but i will say fair play and I’m glad they are 😂 🤝

Since? What has changed, it’s fine to pull me up if I was wrong but Summerville is the same as Jaden, the German striker while has certain good attributes but if you’re really impressed by that I’m surprised, then Rodriguez who I know nothing about and AWB who we all know his strengths and weaknesses.  Fair play for them for spending but I’m far from convinced they have spent the money well and still not a massive fan of the manager.  So note me all you want but they are a good top 10 team that might sneak a European place but their signings havent changed my opinion since last comment.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

So far no key players left and landing Guehi doesn't appear to be dependent on selling anyone important. Gordon has been linked with Liverpool and Bruno G with Man City but Newcastle say they aren't for sale. 

Then they're breaching PSR next summer and will get a points deduction.

8 hours ago, Daulmakan said:

I reckon Hummels is still available. Free depth? Was almost head and shoulders with Schlotterbeck during the Champions.

Brighton are in for him according to Sky, The Sun, Daily Mail & BBC. 

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

They can forget a loan deal. It seems they only deal (or try to deal) in loans doesn't it? In my opinion, he wouldn't even be for sale, for the sort of money clubs would be looking to pay us. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, John said:

They can forget a loan deal. It seems they only deal (or try to deal) in loans doesn't it? In my opinion, he wouldn't even be for sale, for the sort of money clubs would be looking to pay us. 

Lucas has personally denied it on social media, not happening.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John said:

Allegedly 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, RicRic said:

Worth noting its probably best to acknowledge, rather than let our ego’s get in the way which many of us succumb to, but i had to pull this one up as an example because since then it is hard to deny that West Ham are making significant steps to try break into that top 8 mould, i could see from then they had serious intent, yes i agree their manager has to still earn his stripes but it could happen for him there quite easily with the moves they are making. You could in a few months pull this up and say look at how much they are failing but i will say fair play and I’m glad they are 😂 🤝

I wouldnt be that excited if we had signed any of the players that have joined West Ham this summer. Kilman is a mid-table centre back, Fullkrug is decent enough but in his 30s, Summerville is good at Championship level but no guarantees he makes the step up, Guilherme is too young to know anything about him... Nothing there suggests they've really done enough to upset the order at the top of the table. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Since? What has changed, it’s fine to pull me up if I was wrong but Summerville is the same as Jaden, the German striker while has certain good attributes but if you’re really impressed by that I’m surprised, then Rodriguez who I know nothing about and AWB who we all know his strengths and weaknesses.  Fair play for them for spending but I’m far from convinced they have spent the money well and still not a massive fan of the manager.  So note me all you want but they are a good top 10 team that might sneak a European place but their signings have changed my opinion since last comment.

Is Fulkrig no good also? My point is we can’t overlook teams and make it seem like they are not showing serious ambition its just the way of making the side that you are on or shall i say we are on more significant, humbleness is key but im certainly not targeting you, you make excellent points on here daily and i agree with them the majority of the time, I somehow remembered this conversation regarding it and thought its worth a mention.. no harm intended UTV 🤝

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Is Fulkrig no good also? My point is we can’t overlook teams and make it seem like they are not showing serious ambition its just the way of making the side that you are on or shall i say we are on more significant, humbleness is key but im certainly not targeting you, you make excellent points on here daily and i agree with them the majority of the time, I somehow remembered this conversation regarding it and thought its worth a mention.. no harm intended UTV 🤝

Fulkrig is ok, a Euro’s highlight for sure but at 31 it’s not as if he hit the heights at the level we talk about re his career.

I understand your point and maybe building the squad is impressive but none of the signings have made me sit up in isolation.  I haven’t thought we’ve missed out on any of them signings.  Maybe other fans say the same about us in regards it’s only Onana and Maatsen.  Who knows.  All good debate!

• Thanks 2

Fulkrug is an absolutely shocking signing. Nearly 30m. 32 in Feb, never scored that many goals, and on 5m a year and on a four year contract. Jesus. That’s not ambition, it’s utter, utter stupidity. 

If we had signed him on the same deal the vast majority of posters would be questioning what the hell is going on. 

• Like 4

On 06/08/2024 at 09:28, Jas10 said:

💯 

From zero DMs to DM city 😆

But very good DM's can do a lot more than just DM work.

as they dominate the position, space opens up, to support the offensive.....we only have to look at Rodri, that what the very best do.

Ideally would have liked us to bring in at least 1/3 players that imo we would need to sign before the final two friendlies we have remaining, for them to get somewhat familiar and comfortable with Emery ball. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

What's happened to Torres? Do you know our league record when he played last season? Manure want Branthwaite, Everton want £70m it's not happening

I think he's out our price range currently and I don't think we're looking at him anyway. I tried to quality my comment that if we had the kind of money that Everton are looking for, he's the best attainable option out there. If I could pick anyone, I'd pick him, not that I expect it to happen. 

Yes I know our league record when Pau didn't play, which is kind of the point. If we're going into the season with a worse backup to Pau than last year then we're screwed if he gets a knock or anything worse. Are we wheeling out Mings on crutches or are we giving Swinkels his debut? Maybe shoving our record signing in defence. I expect Carlos to go and Hause never to play professional football again, Lenglet and Chambers are gone, Mings doesn't seem close to returning and who knows if he'll come back good enough. Nobody new signed for that position. 

Branthwaite is not as experienced or good at passing yet. However, he's much younger, stronger, better in the air in both boxes. If Man Utd get De Ligt and Everton are suddenly out of options for selling their most expensive assets I'm sure Monchi can get a deal less than £70mil. Might still be too expensive but I think Everton will end up settling for less than the value being touted. 

24 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Ideally would have liked us to bring in at least 1/3 players that imo we would need to sign before the final two friendlies we have remaining, for them to get somewhat familiar and comfortable with Emery ball. 

I have been saying this too and agree

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Torres games last season at least 45mins 17 wins 6 draws 5 losses. When he was out for that stretch we won 2 drew 2 lost 3 and wins were against Burnley and Sheff U.

More nonsensical take than wanting us to sign Phillips

We'll see.

7 minutes ago, striker said:

We'll see.

We've already seen, We qualified for the champions league last season and Pau Torres was a big reason in that, as was Dougie.

I do wonder if you actually watch Villa play sometimes?

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â