Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Which, in turn, is about 40% of Turkey's GDP.

I'm glad someone delivered the punchline that was setup for 😂

Edited by Villan_of_oz

35 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Isn't his contract up next summer anyway? 

I think it's the year after.

Edit. I've checked and according to a few places online, the only player out of contract next summer is Kortney Hause.

Edited by RichiBoi11

6 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

I've checked and according to a few places online, the only player out of contract next summer is Kortney Hause.

Quick sign up Hause for another 3 years!

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Quick sign up Hause for another 3 years!

I know right. Our lynchpin in his final 12 months. Scandalous. 

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

But Newcastle are doing it Hank and their revenue isn’t much higher than ours.

Bet they still don’t sell anyone important next summer either.

It’s a ridiculous, absolutely absurd fee. 

He’s a good defender but nothing particularly special and I certainly would not even consider dropping Pau or Konsa for him. 

And you’ve clearly forgotten but we’ve dropped big fees on Onana and Maatsen as well as all the other squad building buys. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

But Newcastle are doing it Hank and their revenue isn’t much higher than ours.

Bet they still don’t sell anyone important next summer either.

Isn't Gordon linked with a move to Liverpool?  That may happen this summer never mind next.  Isak or Bruno G. will be sold next summer if they don't get CL.  

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

I'm not a fan of finance 

I'm a fan of football.  

Therefore, Digne has been our best LB for 2 years (bar 3 months when Moreno came and lit the place up until his injury) and can stay for as long as he wants in my eyes. 

We have height now too, which is a bonus because Digne is a lovely crosser of the ball.

I'd be sad to see him go, regardless of the finances of it. 

Well said.

14 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I'm not a fan of finance 

I'm a fan of football.  

Therefore, Digne has been our best LB for 2 years (bar 3 months when Moreno came and lit the place up until his injury) and can stay for as long as he wants in my eyes. 

We have height now too, which is a bonus because Digne is a lovely crosser of the ball.

He's also settled and seemingly rejected potential moves last year, so I don't see why he'd want to uproot his family to go and live in Turkey for a year to realistically be on the move or back at Villa next summer anyway. I think it's far more likely Moreno goes.

8 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I'm not a fan of finance 

I'm a fan of football.  

He hasn't - he's been our best left-back last season. The first half -season he was underwhelming, then the season before last he was largely underwhelming and deservedly played second-fiddle to moreno. That led to many thinking and probably hoping that he'd be on his way out, but the Moreno injury probably put paid to that. And Digne took full advantage because he was excellent last season and was a major part in our successful season. For that alone he deserves to have another go this season, and more than that I'd start him. He bucked his ideas up last season - probably due to the competition, and having a 22 year-old whippet waiting in the wings, I'd expect him to keep his levels up once more.

Another thing that may or may not have escaped notice is that he's been used twice as a centre-half on tour. That suggests that he's trusted by Emery and can be called upon, if needed, to fill a gap if we really need him. Those trusted players aren't the ones that tend to get shifted on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, thabucks said:

We’ve picked up kosta & Enzo for around £16mill and both look like they could become keys players for us and look like gems in the making.  Added much needed quality depth in Barkley for £5mill -resigned jaden and although raw Iling-jnr is highly rated and coveted so strengthened depth out wide. Onana brings a whole new dimension to our midfield which was soft and anonymous at times last season. Finally we’ve added an attacking LB - and still 3 weeks to go. Think we’ve done brilliantly so far and just need to work on the outs before adding icing to the cake. Our first team last season was great but the supporting acts not so much - we’ve now got strength in depth and I’m really excited what the next few weeks bring. 

Its hard to say until the window is shut how well us or any other club has done, thats why I reserve my silence, I’ll start with this, i think we are all convincing one another that Enzo is a world beater because we didn’t want Weston Mckennie and it helps ease the loss of Luiz, personally i see it for what it is and Luiz is a huge loss, Enzo has great potential let me start with that and hasn’t played badly at all in pre-season but he’s also not this El fantastico some are making him out to be. 

Diaby another huge loss although he didn’t set the world alight he was very influential for us at many times last season, we will need an attacking outlet to replace that, and we will need a significant CB to pair up with Pau which would move Konsa to RB, or maybe a new RB depending on how Unai see’s it.

I thought in the central midfield area we would be okay but after some thought i feel like i want to see a more dynamic player who can showcase some serious flair and thats where Fermin Lopez fits the bill and can rotate with Rogers/Ramsey etc. 

I would like us to keep hold of Digne and would much prefer if Moreno was the sacrifice, Digne was excellent last season and would hope for him to continue in that vain, Moreno was not as effective as he was when first signed. 

32 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Isn't Gordon linked with a move to Liverpool?  That may happen this summer never mind next.  Isak or Bruno G. will be sold next summer if they don't get CL.  

So far no key players left and landing Guehi doesn't appear to be dependent on selling anyone important. Gordon has been linked with Liverpool and Bruno G with Man City but Newcastle say they aren't for sale. 

On 18/07/2024 at 21:18, nick76 said:

Who? Todibo isn’t going there because he wants Juve despite WH agreeing a fee.  They want our Duran, they are interested in Sorloth and they want AWB, not exactly going to worry me.  Not only that but their new manager is bang average imo.  Man U as usual will figure how to screw up.

Worth noting its probably best to acknowledge, rather than let our ego’s get in the way which many of us succumb to, but i had to pull this one up as an example because since then it is hard to deny that West Ham are making significant steps to try break into that top 8 mould, i could see from then they had serious intent, yes i agree their manager has to still earn his stripes but it could happen for him there quite easily with the moves they are making. You could in a few months pull this up and say look at how much they are failing but i will say fair play and I’m glad they are 😂 🤝

On 03/08/2024 at 11:48, MSvillain said:

Forget Felix if he wants to mess around, lets get Fermin Lopez in:

They play different positions but bring him here yes please 😍

46 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Well said.

Yeah aside from this, Digne seems to genuinely love Villa now as well and is one of the lads, plus has played a crucial part on helping us get here.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

So far no key players left and landing Guehi doesn't appear to be dependent on selling anyone important. Gordon has been linked with Liverpool and Bruno G with Man City but Newcastle say they aren't for sale. 

They brought in 60 million already on 2 fringe players

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â