Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Serious question - if we bought Guehi for £60m would he be first choice? Or would you play Konsa and Pau?

And that's why we won't be paying £60m for Guehi.... We're not there (yet) as a club

We can't spend that money on a Carlos replacement, that's a star first teamer money 

You don’t spend that type of money on a player for him to be second choice. For me he starts over Pau every time. Torres lack of pace last season was continually exposed plus he is absolutely useless in the air.

For me Guehi is younger, more physical, has more pace and as good going forward. He would become even better under Emery.

• Haha 1

I'll be sad if Palace sign Lacroix for a reasonable fee. That's what we should be doing, not blinkin Jwow.

That exact player, that exact profile. Price likely to be agreeable.

• Like 1

Starting to get a bit nervy. Surprised Emery said we are gunning for fourth because we don’t look as strong, we still have long term injuries and we dipped like crazy at the end of last season. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Spoony said:

Starting to get a bit nervy. Surprised Emery said we are gunning for fourth because we don’t look as strong, we still have long term injuries and we dipped like crazy at the end of last season. 

We have to trust Emery & team based on past performance but I’m with you, I need a couple of incomings to settle the nerves ! 

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I'll be sad if Palace sign Lacroix for a reasonable fee. That's what we should be doing, not blinkin Jwow.

Already picked up Riad for a good price too

On 05/08/2024 at 21:20, Jas10 said:

Probably (amongst) most difficult and expensive to get too 😆

Saw an article from a questionable source that seemed to be suggesting we could swap Carlos for Bade or Nianzou of Sevilla?

It’s hard to think of dominant and attainable/affordable CBs that we could attract.

No further mention of Bijol…

I reckon Hummels is still available. Free depth? Was almost head and shoulders with Schlotterbeck during the Champions.

1 hour ago, cb_82 said:

We have to trust Emery & team based on past performance but I’m with you, I need a couple of incomings to settle the nerves ! 

It feels a bit like 2 summers ago under Gerrard, did lots of business early then just stopped while everyone else around us did business and then we panic bought on deadline day.

Hopefully history isn’t repeating itself, Unai is a far better manager than Gerrard of course, but feels eerily similar. Our first 2 games are easily games we could lose too.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

With the loan deals yesterday club are clearly working on shifting players. Happy to be proven wrong but I think the club are basically only bringing somebody in if somebody leaves permanently. 

Have had doubts whether Felix was ever going to happen anyway but if Duran doesn't leave I don't see Villa bringing in another forward (even if Archer does get sold eventually). I was hoping for another CB to come in which is my main concern but looks like that is only going to happen if Carlos leaves but it's also gone quiet with him.

Guess Villa could use the loan market once the season starts. 

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

while everyone else around us did business

Has this happened this yr though? 

Liverpool haven’t signed anyone, Newcastle haven’t strengthened, Spurs have brought young players. It’s a strange market this yr.

Completely relaxed. Fully trust Unai and Monchi to know what we need. Still weeks left of the window - and I honestly don’t care what clubs like Palace and West Ham bring in. Great for them - but they are not competition. We’ve seen how quickly we can sign players and indeed move them on. The squad is very big still so expect more tinkering to help us bring in names. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Lacroix is a top defender. And he has only one year left in his contract. You can buy him for cheap... Smart deal: Crystal Palace will sell him in two years for 50m.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â