Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Guessing it's the Cristante rumor from this weekend? Hopefully nothing in it.

Oh.. the links to him are "MotorFooty", "GiveMeSport" and "FootballFanCast" and @IlarioDiGiovamb from "RadioRadio.it", who appears to be the most prominent person saying it.

He says Roma are willing to sell every single one of their players apart from their GK and 1x CB.

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Being strongly linked with a roma midfielder 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

We have absolutely no idea why the club sold Diaby. 

For all we know it was a pure PSR sale so that there are no pressures next June. 

If we get off to a stinking start to the season, people will immediately start to bemoan the selling of Diaby if we don't buy another attacking 10 between now and then. 

Didn’t we make less than 10m? 

Posted (edited)

Villa should be all over Guehi to Newcastle.

Not the physical CB that most want on here but perfect for the high line that Emery plays.

There is of course FFP too but he was England's best player in the Euros and Villa are short at CB.

Maybe Carlos also needs to be sold but if not now then Villa can look at it again in January.

Bringing both Guehi and Felix in would probably be worth the points reduction if so happened.

Edited by striker

1 minute ago, striker said:

Not the physical CB that most want on here but perfect for the high line that Emery plays.

There is of course FFP too but he was England's best player in the Euros and Villa are short at CB.

Maybe Carlos also needs to be sold but if not now then Villa can look at it again in January.

Nah. They will have a ton of money soon when they sell Guimareas. 

Edited by Tayls

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Nah. They will have a ton of money soon when they sell Guimareas. 

So what? Newcastle aren't in the CL.

8 minutes ago, striker said:

So what? Newcastle aren't in the CL.

We need to make money not spend it! That’s about 60m on a defender. No chance. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Even the starting XI is debatable, I don’t think Diaby will be starting, and without Kamara in both cases, Onana defensively better than Luiz. If the comparison included Kamara I’d say yes Kamara,Luiz could be unplayable.

Agreed that whether we improved the starting XI is debatable...I meant that whether we improved the squad is less debatable than the starting XI...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'm not sold on this depth idea yet. We've got depth at Fullback's and LW.

Tielemans and Barkley have a lot to prove to replace Dougie. Though Onana and Maatsen are both lovely buys in strengthening those areas. 

A huge amount of our depth improvement though relies on Kamara, Buendia and Mings coming back immediately strong after big injuries.

We haven't really replaced Diaby or Lenglet in two key positions and we already had issues at GK and RB in depth. (Though hopefully Kosta is the business to fix RB)

I'm *not* saying I think we've had a bad window. I just don't yet completely buy in to the huge depth improvements just yet for all our wheeling and dealing.

Philogene, Iling and Enzo could all end up being big upgrades on Zaniolo, Diaby and Iroegbunam but I'm not prepared to call those wins just yet

Tielemans and Barkley have a lot to prove to replace Dougie in the starting XI, agreed, but I was talking about the squad as a whole. We still have deeper cover in the double pivot than we did last year. Beyond Kamara and Doug, our options last year were (1) before the loan, playing Donck (he wasn't quite good enough to play how Unai wants to play), (2) moving McGinn back (he and Doug never worked together in the double pivot even in the Deano era), or (3) moving Tielemans back (he didn't adapt to the double pivot until very late in the season and was better as an attacking midfielder). Now, while the starter may not be as good as Doug, we have all of Tielemans, Barkley, and Enzo to pair with Onana, plus Kamara will eventually be back. The depth is there.

We will have problems for cover at CB if Mings takes much longer to recover or if we sell Diego. But if neither of those things happen, we have 3 of the same CBs and Mings is better than Lenglet, so we're better off.

We have more midfielders and wingers than we know what to do with at this point.

Whether we keep Archer and/or Duran, I don't see where any worse off for cover for Watkins, even if we haven't gotten better.

At GK, Gauci may prove better than Olsen. At worst, we've stayed the same.

So yes, I think we're deeper than last year.

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

Why? His numbers don’t look great even at that low level to come to a European place level team.

He’s 21 and looks decent the numbers arnt everything just look at Rodgers, we have the Harry Kane problem signing a back up striker.

6 minutes ago, Nicho said:

He’s 21 and looks decent the numbers arnt everything just look at Rodgers, we have the Harry Kane problem signing a back up striker.

Why should we look at this guy?

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Nah not sure about him

He’s 22 in 3 hours time….old man and past it then 😉

1 hour ago, striker said:

Bringing both Guehi and Felix in would probably be worth the points reduction if so happened.

Serious question - if we bought Guehi for £60m would he be first choice? Or would you play Konsa and Pau?

And that's why we won't be paying £60m for Guehi.... We're not there (yet) as a club

We can't spend that money on a Carlos replacement, that's a star first teamer money 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Serious question - if we bought Guehi for £60m would he be first choice? Or would you play Konsa and Pau?

And that's why we won't be paying £60m for Guehi.... We're not there (yet) as a club

We can't spend that money on a Carlos replacement, that's a star first teamer money 

Konsa and Pau is first choice so Guehi is pointless mention 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Geezer we don't even know that we're in for Felix. 

Aside from this, it always baffles me that for some reason some people don't realise the transfer team and Emery can and will be  working on multiple things at once.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Konsa and Pau is first choice so Guehi is pointless mention 

Konsa wasn’t first choice CB last season.  I’m wondering if Emery is going to continue playing Konsa at RB, if he is then we can’t rely on Carlos.  I’m not saying buy Guehi at all, I’m just saying we have Pau and no quality partner if Konsa continues at RB.

Guehi has just had a great season and a good euro.

He would improve the defense massively.

I like Pau...but Guehi is the better defender.

Is he a better ball player...probably not.

A back line of konsa guehi Pau Maatsen is a massive improvement on the defence last season.

be a big statement signing but at 60 mil...not happening.

42 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Of course Guehi would start, he'd be one of our best players if he joined. It would just mean having to keep Konsa at RB, so Konsa-Guehi-Torres-Maatsen. That is a very strong defence on paper.

£60m is seemingly too much for us but not Newcastle, even though they haven't sold any key players unlike us (Luiz). But it is what it is.

Edited by Leeroy

Just now, Leeroy said:

Of course Guehi would start, he'd be one of our best players if he joined. It would just mean having to keep Konsa at RB, so Konsa-Guehi-Torres-Maatsen. That is a very strong defence on paper.

£60m is seemingly too much for us but not Newcastle, even though they haven't sold any key players unlike us (Luiz). But it is what it is.

Newcastle are probably signing him as a starter, whereas due to Konsa he wouldn't necessarily be a guaranteed starter here.

Just now, RichiBoi11 said:

Newcastle are probably signing him as a starter, whereas due to Konsa he wouldn't necessarily be a guaranteed starter here.

Yes he would be mate, he's far too good to be a sub, he'd play with Torres in the middle and Konsa would be at right back where he played for a lot of last season.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â