Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

81.5m deal for Alvarez (64m up front, 17m in add ons is), blimey, Atletico have some cash to spunk, especially with Gallagher probably joining also.

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

81.5m deal for Alvarez (64m up front, 17m in add ons is), blimey, Atletico have some cash to spunk, especially with Gallagher probably joining also.

As well as Sorloth and Le Normand having already joined.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

They are selling one of their strikers to Chelsea for up to £40m, had a cash equity injection of €70m in June whilst also getting big earners off the books like Morata or others on loan. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Problem is I " trust" Digne.

He's a composed steady eddy type.

It's a tough one.

Moreno at his best is lethal though 

But a back up on 125k a week, who is suspect defensively, and while a good crosser offers little else going forward doesn't make sense to me. If he was on the 60k Moreno is on I would pick all day. But 125k of wages gets us a really good player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

We are still going to have 2 keepers on the bench I would hazard.

I like the look of both Zych and Gauci, but both need time, and games. They need to go on loan, we should keep Olsen and sign another experienced keeper (that is better than Olsen).

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

But a back up on 125k a week, who is suspect defensively, and while a good crosser offers little else going forward doesn't make sense to me. If he was on the 60k Moreno is on I would pick all day. But 125k of wages gets us a really good player.

He scored the winner against Luton. Has more assists than Moreno. He’s a better defensive option. Moreno hasn’t looked the same since his injury. Moreno got the equaliser against Brentford. Both bring different qualities but Digne for me has proven more reliable of the two. His contract is up next year anyways so I will be surprised if he leaves. 

4 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I like the look of both Zych and Gauci, but both need time, and games. They need to go on loan, we should keep Olsen and sign another experienced keeper (that is better than Olsen).

There's still some big name keepers on free transfers as well. The likes of De Gea and Patricio, and surely there must be some other clubs are willing to sell who'd be a good short term alternative to Olsen and allow the likes of Gauci to get game and development time on loan.

Edited by RichiBoi11
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He scored the winner against Luton. Has more assists than Moreno. He’s a better defensive option. Moreno hasn’t looked the same since his injury. Moreno got the equaliser against Brentford. Both bring different qualities but Digne for me has proven more reliable of the two. His contract is up next year anyways so I will be surprised if he leaves. 

Better defensively, but he isn't very good defensively anyway, he is supspect. If we want a good defensive left back we should sign Hermoso. We also have the option of Pau or Ming filling in there if we need a defensive option. Maatsen is similar to Digne defensively, but he has time on his side to get better. 

Maatsen is a better passer than both Moreno and Digne, a better mover than Digne, and a better defender than Moreno, which is why he will end up first choice.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Better defensively, but he isn't very good defensively anyway, he is supspect. If we want a good defensive left back we should sign Hermoso. We also have the option of Pau or Ming filling in there if we need a defensive option. Maatsen is similar to Digne defensively, but he has time on his side to get better. 

Maatsen is a better passer than both Moreno and Digne, a better mover than Digne, and a better defender than Moreno, which is why he will end up first choice.

I do rate Digne still. However, I am so excited to see Maatsen starting ahead of him. I think Digne from the bench and in cup games can help if we need a good cross or something or need to close a game out. 

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

What's Monchi doing sending 68 million quid abroad in a jiffy? It could easily get lost.

Not if sent by Royal Mail tracked! 

…..oh wait, yea it will. 

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â