Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Problem is I " trust" Digne.

He's a composed steady eddy type.

It's a tough one.

Moreno at his best is lethal though 

Yes agreed. Steady dependable Digne or flair Moreno. You kind of want a bit of both depending on the game and what is happening in the game. 

It’ll be interesting to see if Maatsen is more like Digne or Moreno.

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

He said he likes it for warm up purposes - so there are 3 goalies our attackers can warm up against.  Not sure if this would be the case if we had lots of strong outfield options to be on the bench instead. 

A lot of top managers have three keepers in the match day squad, one starting and two on the bench.  This is for training purposes, but also in case your first choice keeper gets injured in the pre-match warm up.   

55 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Problem is I " trust" Digne.

He's a composed steady eddy type.

It's a tough one.

Moreno at his best is lethal though 

I respect Digne and how he performed for us last season, especially at a time of such need.

But, for me, 2023 Moreno was a much better (and more suitable) player and him and JJ linking up was beautiful. Lucas can’t do what he did but they are different in style and he is better at the defensive side.

Maatsen is first choice now but I wouldn’t rule out Alex returning to his previous level soon, it’s not impossible.

Digne has to be moved on sometime soon because of his age and wages, we can’t carry a burden like that (see Coutinho and many more examples in our past) and struggle to offload him. If we can sell and there are offers forthcoming, I really think we should do the sale before it’s too late. Really shouldn’t be having anyone other than key players on wages like that (especially a defender) and at this stage of their career imo.

Moreno may go too. I think Maatsen and Iling-Jr (think he can be converted to an Unai type LB) could be our LB department and we may sign a CB who can fill in there when we want a more defensive setup. Similarly to how Konsa alternates on the other side.

We seem to be intentionally targetting younger players to bring the overall age down and to develop and grow with us over the years, let’s not forget that Unai signed a 5 year contract and has a vision and considerable ambition and intent…

So, we should and probably are looking to sell the older players that aren’t essential or crucial and replace them with younger ones with more longevity and more to offer over the long term. And on lower wages too 😉 

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Yes agreed. Steady dependable Digne or flair Moreno. You kind of want a bit of both depending on the game and what is happening in the game. 

It’ll be interesting to see if Maatsen is more like Digne or Moreno.

Hopefully he’s the best of both (except for the aerial ability that Digne has, Ian’s a little’un) and a clear upgrade. Should be with what we have invested and can give us a lot over the years, so young.

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I love Gomez. My favorite band from Southport. Saw them live in NZ not long ago

Tom from Gomez was the Labour candidate for my constituency in case you wanted to feel old. 

30 minutes ago, ender4 said:

He said he likes it for warm up purposes - so there are 3 goalies our attackers can warm up against.  Not sure if this would be the case if we had lots of strong outfield options to be on the bench instead. 

Presumably we would be allowed to bring an extra keeper for the warm up even if that keeper wasn't on the bench? Is there rules against that? I'd just assumed we had two sub-keepers because our squad was so thin.

If wages wasn’t a factor, I’d choose Digne over Moreno. 

Moreno is a similar style of player to Matseen.. attacking, drives in to the box FB

Digne is your classic service FB. Gets down the line, pings in crosses, and a tad better at the defensive side. So on rotation he will offer a different take if Maatsen isn’t as affective in a game 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

im amazed that you would put McGinn in the starting 11, if we had all those players at our disposal?

Mcginn is still very much a top player for us, his energy and ability to turn and spray a ball across the pitch as well as getting stuck in is extremely valuable for us, he deserves to be in this line up

1 hour ago, villan95 said:

No Rogers is criminal 

Next season is about a squad so if he doesn’t start a Premier League game he would start a UCL game or vice versa, he is still part of the starting eleven in many games

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

What's Monchi doing sending 68 million quid abroad in a jiffy? It could easily get lost.

Hope he put it in one of these so it doesn't get wet.

Övriga färger Strandtub/Simtub Simmismed tryck

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â