Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

I still think four or five will leave us in the next week/fortnight and possibly only one or two more will come in, probably loans. A lot will happen in the final week/day of the window.

If Duran stays now, can only see a CB coming in but not sure who?

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Out of Moreno and Digne, who are you keeping and who are you selling? 

Moreno.  Lower wages, looks to have recovered his pace. Both will end up as back up if they stayed, feel Moreno would be more likely to accept being a rotation option.

• Like 1

To be honest if Duran stays and is happy to be reintegrated back into the squad that's the best result. I rate him highly. 

The whole attitude thing is overblown, the lad just wants to play premier league football, and he believes in him self. This is a bad thing for Villa because we can't give him what he wants, but it actually reflects well on the players self belief. 

If he does stay I am sure he will get more games, so hope that can keep him happy. Villa is a great place for a young talent like him to develop.

The social media stuff is immature, but not unforgivable.

• Like 4

If i dared to dream this is how i would line us up😉 well actually if i was dreaming Nico Williams would be in it along with Mbappe but we can’t be too greedy 

D0914440-24E2-4FD7-B3DF-8ABE9044136C.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RicRic said:

If i dared to dream this is how i would line us up😉 well actually if i was dreaming Nico Williams would be in it along with Mbappe but we can’t be too greedy 

im amazed that you would put McGinn in the starting 11, if we had all those players at our disposal?

10 minutes ago, RicRic said:

No Rogers is criminal 

40 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I remember ‘’whippin’ Piccadilly’’ which I think was their biggest hit?

I think that was early hit. Just watching this. Good song and funny video

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

im amazed that you would put McGinn in the starting 11, if we had all those players at our disposal?

He's the captain, of course he'd be in the starting XI

35 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Moreno.  Lower wages, looks to have recovered his pace. Both will end up as back up if they stayed, feel Moreno would be more likely to accept being a rotation option.

Problem is I " trust" Digne.

He's a composed steady eddy type.

It's a tough one.

Moreno at his best is lethal though 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

People aren’t viewing this as a squad game.

What we’ve done this window is bring in (generally) potentially quality, younger players which reinforce the squad as you’ve highlighted above. Barkley is an experienced campaigner who had a brilliant season at Luton and cost relative pittance.

In the first team itself, we’ve sold Luiz and brought in Onana (personally, I think that’s a net gain for us) and sold Diaby and brought in Philogene (which, personally, I think is a net loss). There isn’t much change to our strongest eleven - though Maatsen may well push Digne/Moreno.

As a squad, we’ve lost Zaniolo, Lenglet, Chambers and Iroegbunam and replaced them with Iling Jr, Barrenechea, Barkley, Nedeljkovic (earlier signing). We then have Mings and Buendia to come back at some point.

I’m not seeing the part that makes us somewhat weaker. Squad upheaval is always a bit risky and it rarely leads to immediate success but, to me at least, we’ve improved the squad as a whole if not the starting eleven in particular. That will stand us in good stead for a (possibly) more game-heavy season…

…and now I think we’re looking to bring in 1 or 2 faces to improve the first team; which is always more difficult as they have to be very good players which clubs don’t want to sell.

It’s about addressing some overall squad issues, adding height and dynamism and giving us more quality options from the bench. A big criticism last season was having two goalkeepers on the bench (which is still great match day experience) but simply having more experienced names or young players who add something different is important. Due the limitations on said quality and injuries we had to over rely upon players even when their form dipped. More versatile also positionally too - there’s players who don’t fit one box. 

We also have a big squad and names to get off the books too - not just for this window but next year too. We will have a very different summer next year too. Especially in the demographics of the squad once we clear out the older names. 

It’s going to be a long hard season ahead - but once that’s very exciting and by having a different calibre of players available hopefully means the same core names aren’t playing 50+ games again. 

6 minutes ago, sne said:

We are still going to have 2 keepers on the bench I would hazard.

With how much we've filled the squad out if we do have 2 keepers on the bench and it's not due to injuries or suspensions that's a damning verdict on the players who miss out 

Just now, RichiBoi11 said:

With how much we've filled the squad out if we do have 2 keepers on the bench and it's not due to injuries or suspensions that's a damning verdict on the players who miss out 

I think Emery likes to have 2 keepers on the bench for whatever reason.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Problem is I " trust" Digne.

He's a composed steady eddy type.

It's a tough one.

Moreno at his best is lethal though 

Same. Digne is a steady hand.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

I think Emery likes to have 2 keepers on the bench for whatever reason.

He said he likes it for warm up purposes - so there are 3 goalies our attackers can warm up against.  Not sure if this would be the case if we had lots of strong outfield options to be on the bench instead. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Not really, even Pep usually has two keepers on his bench despite having a super team.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â