Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Seems to be a few potential deals flying around.

Solanke to Spurs could see Bournemouth make a move for Archer.

Ream leaving Fulham could see them move forward with a deal for Diego Carlos.

Julian Alvarez to Atletico might mean that we have a better chance of signing Felix.

Edited by jacketspuds

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Seems to be a few potential deals flying around.

Solanke to Spurs could see Bournemouth make a move for Archer.

Ream leaving Fulham could see them move forward with a deal for Diego Carlos.

Julian Alvarez to Atletico might mean that we have a better chance of signing Felix.

Either that, or, we are doomed and will be playing Wrexham in the Championship next season. (But Ryan Reynolds will be there so, not all bad). 😆

Edited by Tayls
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I would just like to caveat this by saying I have no influence over the poster, I don’t know this person, and have never met them in my life. And also, it’s not me in disguise. 

Nothing I've written is untrue or hyperbole. 

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Nothing I've written is untrue or hyperbole. 

It just sounds like something I would write! My thoughts on the window so far are very much in line! 

28 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

2 weeks to the opening game. 

It all just seems a bit messy and disjointed. 

I get there is a lot of time left for future transfers but so far I think its been a poor window which has made us overall weaker. 

Hoping we pull a couple more quality signings out before the end of the month 

We need to sign more new signings because the new signings we've already made make us look disjointed.

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We need to sign more new signings because the new signings we've already made make us look disjointed.

What do you think needs to happen? Thoughts on the window so far? 

9 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We're doomed. Only negative feelings. Emery out. 

Ah fair enough. Bit extreme id suggest, but that’s cool man. 

Edited by Tayls

40 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I would just like to caveat this by saying I have no influence over the poster, I don’t know this person, and have never met them in my life. And also, it’s not me in disguise. 

Sounds like something a Tayls clone would say to cover the scent of a Tayls clone 🤔😎😂

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Gomez would actually have to play to do that.

Gomez is more likely to be Hause's "DJ'ing down with the beats" brother, than actually be able to play a full season of football.

He featured in 51 games for Liverpool last season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Missed alot of the days events so forgive me if late.

I see that Atletico are allegedly closing in on Alvarez, does that mean anything re Felix movement?

Although, I also saw that he has been  " offered " to Man City as part of the deal?

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He featured in 51 games for Liverpool last season.

31 the year before that, 21 the year before that, and 12 the year before that.

if he can stay fit and give us 40-50 games, maybe, but his history over multiple years isnt as rosy as 51 games last season.

34.3 games average over the last 3 years isn't too bad. The number of games increased per season too which is the most positive sign. There's probably better value abroad. I trust our recruitment team either way.

Not especially happy with the window overall so far because we've let a couple of good players go from our squad and seemingly replaced them with some bloating. 

There's a lot of unknowns in the squad now but if the lads we've brought in prove themselves to be good enough then it's gone well. If they aren't showing enough for Emery to trust them in a league game I'd rather they were loaned out until they're ready. Iling-Junior, Dobbin and Barrenechea especially. 

The biggest issue for me is the window was all fun and exciting until it got to August and you're looking around and seeing how few people have gone.

I wouldn't be surprised if all the following are out in a month: Carlos, Digne/Moreno, Olsen, Kesler, Hause, Dendonker, Archer, Duran, Richards. 

Maybe shift some out on loan like Barrenechea, Dobbin, Zych, Bogarde and a few others like Sousa, Patterson or Young. 

We need a big squad to attack on four fronts this season. But the squad needs packing with players you can trust to rotate into the side, like a Jaden or Ross or Amadou. The rest I'm not sure on. 

Bit of a lull in terms of links or moves for anyone but I just feel it’s the “calm before the storm”… activity should heat up soon, and that includes sales.

Probably a lot going on behind the scenes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Not especially happy with the window overall so far because we've let a couple of good players go from our squad and seemingly replaced them with some bloating. 

There's a lot of unknowns in the squad now but if the lads we've brought in prove themselves to be good enough then it's gone well. If they aren't showing enough for Emery to trust them in a league game I'd rather they were loaned out until they're ready. Iling-Junior, Dobbin and Barrenechea especially. 

The biggest issue for me is the window was all fun and exciting until it got to August and you're looking around and seeing how few people have gone.

I wouldn't be surprised if all the following are out in a month: Carlos, Digne/Moreno, Olsen, Kesler, Hause, Dendonker, Archer, Duran, Richards. 

Maybe shift some out on loan like Barrenechea, Dobbin, Zych, Bogarde and a few others like Sousa, Patterson or Young. 

We need a big squad to attack on four fronts this season. But the squad needs packing with players you can trust to rotate into the side, like a Jaden or Ross or Amadou. The rest I'm not sure on. 

If we’re going off preseason so far…

then

Barrenechea > Barkley.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

does that mean anything re Felix movement?

Although, I also saw that he has been  " offered " to Man City as part of the deal?

Don't think Pep would touch him with a bargepole

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

If we’re going off preseason so far…

then

Barrenechea > Barkley.

I think it would be dangerous to decide which of those two would be kept based on pre-season. Only one of those is going out on loan if any, and they fill very different roles in the system anyway, not to mention their physical attributes, mental attributes, language barrier, age, experience, form in the previous season. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â