Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

33 minutes ago, striker said:

As previously explained yes and Liverpool have two very good strikers to choose from.

Do they? Who?  Gakpo and Jota are primarily left wingers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I'm intrigued to hear the answer to this as, if it's Nunez, I'll be stunned. For all his speed and strength, he is one of the least clinical strikers in the division. No composure whatsoever.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, sne said:

Linked to Roma midfielder Bryan Cristante by Italian Radio. Can't see that one happening. He's really slow from what I remember but good passing and engine.

No thanks.  As a Roma supporter, Cristante is nowhere near the type of player we need.  I'm surprised that he gets into the Italian squad.  So many better options in Serie A in positions where we have more need.  I suspect it is a "placed" link to try and encourage a bid from a team with some interest in him.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

if we are starting with Cash at RB, we have had a wacky summer window.

It certainly feels like the litmus test. 

He was far and away the weak link in so many games last season that I can't believe we'll go into the new season with him as our right back. If we do, something has gone very wrong I'm afraid. 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He was far and away the weak link in so many games last season that I can't believe we'll go into the new season with him as our right back. If we do, something has gone very wrong I'm afraid. 

agreed.

Maybe Emery thinks Kosta Ned will be that RB, he does look very good, but not sure he is quite ready to be a starter yet.

If he isnt, Cash needs replacing for now.

59 minutes ago, allani said:

We haven't played our "first team" or at full commitment yet.  Making any conclusions (good or bad) on a pre-season is rarely a good idea.

If he can't impress against mediocre opposition in that position then it's going to be pretty difficult for him in the Prem or CL.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Jota normally plays up front mate and yes I mean Nunez too. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

I'm intrigued to hear the answer to this as, if it's Nunez, I'll be stunned. For all his speed and strength, he is one of the least clinical strikers in the division. No composure whatsoever.

He scored double figures last season in all comps.

Edited by striker

5 minutes ago, striker said:

Jota normally plays up front mate and yes I mean Nunez too. 

He does, he also plays on the left or right. So if we sign another forward he needs to be able to play in multiple positions, Fulkrug can't.

On 31/07/2024 at 08:56, Lichfield Dean said:

Monty Python's "nudge nudge, wink wink" sketch where they use the term "goer"

Just joking around 🙂

Say no more 

2 hours ago, Mazrim said:

I rate Gomez. He had a dip but looks back to being a top player. 

Gomez would suit our system perfectly as a defensive RB, allowing Konsa to play at CB again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

My solution is to avoid the problem altogether by signing a player that doesn't need development minutes and isn't going to demand a first-team spot, i.e. a veteran. 

Problem with a veteran is either they are in their prime and so likely will want games or they are on a downward curve and then would we get anything from them?

When you have someone as good as Watkins you always have this problem (both project player or veteran) with your backup striker. Spurs suffered similar with Kane

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'm certain you watch as many, maybe more of our matches than I do, but I really don't see how you have come to that conclusion. Yeah there are moments when he could do better, but you could say that about ANY player in the world. There have not been that many mistakes of his that have led to goals against us, he isn't slow, he is good at blocking crosses and tackling. He may not produce loads of crosses or shot creating actions for us with his attacking play and right back is certainly an area that we can upgrade in. But to call him a weak link, let alone far and away the weak link, is incredibly harsh. He didn't have any more poor moments than other members of the squad. I think most of us agree a new right back would be a good signing but you are slagging off a guy who has done nothing wrong for us. More respect needed to the human beings that play for our entertainment.

• Like 3

Coming into the season, I wanted us to review full back positions and centre mid. Still RB to go here unless Ned is the one. Cash can only be backup. Happy with Maatsen and Onana. 

Due to existing sales (and potential sales of Duran and Carlos) we may need an Attacker and a CB as well. 

Could be lots to do! 

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Gomez would suit our system perfectly as a defensive RB, allowing Konsa to play at CB again.

He’s actually much better in the air than I thought too

Vs fullbacks:

IMG_0056.png

Didn't Gomez's move to Newcastle break down? £45m wasn't it? Lot of money, but does cover the RB/CB position. Cant see us going for him at that price though. 

In terms of other positions, we're not going to sort every 'problem' out in one summer. I'm sure some fans are just addicted to the transfer upheaval.

Likewise, we won't be spunking a fortune on a backup number 9, who may start five games in a season. 

You can trust my views as I once served Paul Merson a bag of revels at the showcase cinema and Steve McMahon touched my head (kw) on a beach in 1989. Connections to the stars

#XelaITK

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

Didn't Gomez's move to Newcastle break down? £45m wasn't it? Lot of money, but does cover the RB/CB position. Cant see us going for him at that price though. 

In terms of other positions, we're not going to sort every 'problem' out in one summer. I'm sure some fans are just addicted to the transfer upheaval.

Likewise, we won't be spunking a fortune on a backup number 9, who may start five games in a season. 

You can trust my views as I once served Paul Merson a bag of revels at the showcase cinema and Steve McMahon touched my head (kw) on a beach in 1989. Connections to the stars

#XelaITK

That was a PSR inflation price though I think due to the ‘swap’ with Gordon 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â