Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

18 minutes ago, Craigy1874 said:

If we have sold Diaby and don't bring in a high profile replacement or addition, that will be extremely disappointing.

Absolutely no way we allow this to happen if we are serious about challenging for Top 4 again

25 minutes ago, Craigy1874 said:

If we have sold Diaby and don't bring in a high profile replacement or addition, that will be extremely disappointing.

It’s only August 5 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Our squad being so big right nowc im thinking all incoming’s are reliant on out goings happening too

one out one in, from now on 

We should have a Diaby sized space though.

5 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

We should have a Diaby sized space though.

We don’t. 

Our squad is currently over the 25 limit that can be registered for the PL and CL.

We need to find new homes for players before we can get more in 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herman22 said:

Probably been mentioned before but I’ve always like Gomez. I’d take him if Carlos is off. 

spacer.png

We were against the idea when we were linked in the SG days (*shiver) so what’s changed now?

He’s fairly crap and no better than anyone we have now. Also, that wretched English tax.

Nu-uh.

• Like 1

If we’re signing a CB, needs to be a solid, dominant player rather than squad filler.

The other option is to sign a high potential youngster.

But no overpriced, overpaid turds please.

Just now, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

We were against the idea when we were linked in the SG days (*shiver) so what’s changed now?

He’s fairly crap and no better than anyone we have now. Also, that wretched English tax.

Nu-uh.

I rate Gomez. He had a dip but looks back to being a top player. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

Nu-uh.

Graeme Bailey is a notoriously unreliable source too 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It’s only August 5 

Yep… some fans seem to be fretting or adding pressure that we need all our signings in before our first game too.

It’s not that simple or straightforward, we could see near or actual deadline day signings/business too. Usually when activity heats up…

We can still sign and sell players after playing West Ham (17th) and Arsenal (24th). Deadline (30th) is before the Leicester (31st) game.

But I’m sure we’ll finalise whatever business we can ahead of that time too. The bulk of our work will be done, I’m assuming.

Just gotta wait n see.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

How much bigger than playing for a Champion's League team, competing at the top end of the toughest division in the world, can you get? He's not going to go to Real Madrid or Man City, so where else is a bigger move? No other club can guarantee silverware of equal quality more than us. Of course other big clubs might win stuff that we don't, but I think you are selling us short, suggesting that our best players will want to leave us like in the past with Delph and Barry. Just my opinion though.

Watkins has given us what, 5 years already, 6 by next summer, if we don’t qualify for champs league again (which would be remarkable if we did that) then I think he’s fancy a go at Arsenal for example.

29 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

We don’t. 

Our squad is currently over the 25 limit that can be registered for the PL and CL.

We need to find new homes for players before we can get more in 

Is that even the case if we assume Hause doesn't get registered and two youngsters go on loan - say Dobbin and Illing. and possibly Archer as well if the Diaby replacement is someone who can play more advanced as well.  

Scratching my head to our squad. 
here’s my CL squad 

IMG-0706.jpg

Digne and Gauci are interchangeable with Moreno and Olsen. But two are dropped with Kamara (injured) Hause (making beats) Donks (for being donks) and Dobbin (not ready)

6 over CL Registration 

Here’s my PL Squad 

IMG-0708.jpg

Due to some can be registered as U21, only Hause is dropped

so we may have room for 1 more senior player if we don’t register Kamara 

so there’s my logic to us needing to sell/loan before we buy/loan

@ender4 might be a starter to what I’m talking about. 
but archer is a free hit for our Cl Registration for being Club Trained, so is JJ, KKH and Philogene

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

you think we have the draw and can feed watkins + an experienced international out and out number 9 striker as back up?

i don't

and like i said, next to no PL teams do, even newcastle you could say do it because wilson is permanently crocked so doesnt make noise over not starting

the likes of fullkrug, david, tammy etc i just don't see it happening

As previously explained yes and Liverpool have two very good strikers to choose from.

1 hour ago, allani said:

My gut feel is that we'd rather sign someone who can play with Ollie rather than someone who is more of an either / or.  So a "10" who can play either as a "9" or in a wider role.  Or possibly a "9" who can play as a "10".  I think that's why we've signed people like Rogers (and Diaby last season) as they can play across the line.  This still allows us to rest Watkins but it means we can offer more than just "when Ollie's not playing you can start".  Quite a few of our signings under Emery / Monchi have the ability to cover more than one position - which just gives us more options as a team / squad.  It also means that we don't need to have a 15-18 goal a season striker on the bench in case Ollie gets injured - as long as we have a front three / four who can cover those goals between them.  I do think that Rogers gives us more height, muscle and strength in that scenario as opposed to Diaby / Zaniolo.  But I think it's why a Felix or a Beier seems a bit more likely - in that they can play in a different role with Watkins and also provide cover if he gets injured (allbeit in a different way than maybe a straight swap).

Rogers has shown in pre-season already that he can not fill in for Watkins.

1 minute ago, striker said:

Rogers has shown in pre-season already that he can not fill in for Watkins.

We haven't played our "first team" or at full commitment yet.  Making any conclusions (good or bad) on a pre-season is rarely a good idea.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Scratching my head to our squad. 
here’s my CL squad 

IMG-0706.jpg

Digne and Gauci are interchangeable with Moreno and Olsen. But two are dropped with Kamara (injured) Hause (making beats) Donks (for being donks) and Dobbin (not ready)

6 over CL Registration 

Here’s my PL Squad 

IMG-0708.jpg

Due to some can be registered as U21, only Hause is dropped

so we may have room for 1 more senior player if we don’t register Kamara 

so there’s my logic to us needing to sell/loan before we buy/loan

@ender4 might be a starter to what I’m talking about. 
but archer is a free hit for our Cl Registration for being Club Trained, so is JJ, KKH and Philogene

That all makes sense. I get a feeling we won't register Kamara nor Mings until January, and Dendoncker & Moreno will be gone.

Dobbin and Illing loaned out, Hause not making the cut.    

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

That all makes sense. I get a feeling we won't register Kamara nor Mings until January, and Dendoncker & Moreno will be gone.

Dobbin and Illing loaned out, Hause not making the cut.    

Mings is expected to be back for September/october. So still a lot of CL games to be needed. I’d register him 

• Like 4

Linked to Roma midfielder Bryan Cristante by Italian Radio. Can't see that one happening. He's really slow from what I remember but good passing and engine.

36 minutes ago, striker said:

As previously explained yes and Liverpool have two very good strikers to choose from.

who would that be then?

because Liverpool are a prime example, they play 3 up front, they have Nunez as their only out and out striker, they then have attacking wide men in salah, gakpo, jota, diaz - they don't have a second number 9 at the club

they can feed all those players because they can line them up differently, they don't have the equivalent of watkins and say fullkrug 

man city are the same with alvarez, he can line up in various positions along side haaland

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â