Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Grealish in the championship was a better player than the Bailey of last season. 

On that basis Buendia in Championship was better than Grealish was

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

You're digging deep holes gabbling total nonsense trying to prove a point now.

What that point is...I'm not sure you know.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Bailey had a better season last year than Grealish ever did 😉

🎣

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

As Ollie's back up?

I don't agree with that at all

We would need another player of the same profile as Duran, just less mental, that's why I don't actually want Duran to leave, he fits the squad perfectly 

And I don't agree with that at all. We need a reliable backup that doesn't need development minutes, nor would suffer from the weight of expectation on their shoulders when they're brought on to make a difference. We largely need ready-made players in the squad for where we are and should be sending promising youngsters on loan to play first team somewhere. 

Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Pau*, Maatsen* Onana* Tielemans* McGinn, Rogers*, Bailey, Watkins 

I think most people will agree that this is probably our strongest 11 at the moment, but one thing to note is that only 5 of the 11 are Emery signings. He has an ideal way of playing, and he has managed to get us to where we are with a majority of players that are neither his or Monchi’s. 

We now have a midfield duo hand picked by Emery, two new fullbacks that fit his style (Maatsen & Kosta), and a group of talented youngsters that are here because of him, which is a big positive. 

We’ve also cleared out a lot of players that were not his choice (Dougie, Chambers, Tim, Coutinho, Sanson) and weve done it all with a very low net spend. 

We need to trust the process and let him build a team fully in his style. This will not happen in just 1 or 2 summers though so patience is needed. Sit back, let Unai and Monchi get the right players in at the right time, and enjoy the show……

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'll be honest, I'd never heard of Monchi when he joined. Done good things in the past but people mentioned didn't do great at Roma. Luiz going doesn't sit well with me though I get the PSR side of it. I hope the hyperbole of stuff like "let Monchi cook" etc plays out by the end of the season as far as we're tracking. 

He Is not liked in Rome, but the then owners were pricks.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'll be honest, I'd never heard of Monchi when he joined. Done good things in the past but people mentioned didn't do great at Roma. Luiz going doesn't sit well with me though I get the PSR side of it. I hope the hyperbole of stuff like "let Monchi cook" etc plays out by the end of the season as far as we're tracking. 

The fundamental difference now is that Unai has final say on all deals so the point is moot. Monchi will do the negotiating. 

2 hours ago, _AA_786 said:

IMO he's a top talent and has been very harshly treated at Barca. They need money asap and can't get rid of Lewandowski so are cashing on on Roque as he's not the first choice striker (what we did with Diaby).

Respect that he's turning down Saudi as he wants to play in Europe. So if we can get him, he'd be a significant upgrade over Duran and Archer with a similar age profile meaning he'll likely be OK being backup to Ollie. 

Exactly my thoughts. If we're interested we should go for it. Even better, if we can talk them into some PSR foreplay where we overpay for this guy but they take one of the players we're looking to move on in return. Pay over the asking price if they take Dendonker or Olsen for a couple mil. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

And Anwar Elghazi in the Championship was better than Diaby.

Albert Adomah in the Championship was better than Jacob Ramsey of last season

And Lewis Grabban was better than Duran 😂

I'm with you on this one Zatman

It's non sensical logic 😂

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

And I don't agree with that at all. We need a reliable backup that doesn't need development minutes, nor would suffer from the weight of expectation on their shoulders when they're brought on to make a difference. We largely need ready-made players in the squad for where we are and should be sending promising youngsters on loan to play first team somewhere. 

Fair enough but IMO if we want someone experienced and happy to be behind/rotating with Ollie then we're looking at someone up to £30m like Tammy (who I'd take but many have been against resigning him) as some of the other options have found clubs now. Alternatively it would likely be a free agents like Ben Yedder as players won't come on loan for limited minutes. 

In that context, a talented player like Roque gives us not only a player for this year but a potential future beyond Ollie in years to come.

9 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Can we please stop talking about him and focus on the players we have and could be signing?

Cheers.

Whether posters want to voice their opinion on Luiz that is totally up to them and not you.

However I can see why you’re trying to shut it down. Stings a bit doesn’t it.

1 hour ago, grobs said:

I still think we are crying out for a CB. We are so light there. I don’t think we can rely on mings being the player he was 

Carlos gone and a replacement is just as important as a forward imo

6 hours ago, Jenko#4 said:

Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Pau*, Maatsen* Onana* Tielemans* McGinn, Rogers*, Bailey, Watkins 

I think most people will agree that this is probably our strongest 11 at the moment, but one thing to note is that only 5 of the 11 are Emery signings. He has an ideal way of playing, and he has managed to get us to where we are with a majority of players that are neither his or Monchi’s. 

We now have a midfield duo hand picked by Emery, two new fullbacks that fit his style (Maatsen & Kosta), and a group of talented youngsters that are here because of him, which is a big positive. 

We’ve also cleared out a lot of players that were not his choice (Dougie, Chambers, Tim, Coutinho, Sanson) and weve done it all with a very low net spend. 

We need to trust the process and let him build a team fully in his style. This will not happen in just 1 or 2 summers though so patience is needed. Sit back, let Unai and Monchi get the right players in at the right time, and enjoy the show……

I don’t like his central midfield.

i do not rate Barkley and Tielemans can’t last a full season, we are missing creativity.

7 hours ago, lexicon said:

Sid this before, name a top PL team that carries 2 reliable experienced number 9s

Newcastle...city don't, arsenal don't, Liverpool dont

If you take this fullkrug as an example, if we were to sign him as this reliable back up, what would we do with him? Give him 30 mins a month and hope that he's happy and doesn't decline as a footballer? Or just be Ings again 

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â