Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

I find the comment that we are actually weaker as a starting 11 now than we were last year really interesting as I've thought this myself.  We have more physicality with Onana, more pace with a couple of the players signed and more height.  Three aspects that we need to consider.  However, in terms of overall quality in an 11 versus 11, really interesting debate.  Is Maatsen better than Digne, not sure, but we now have two really good left backs and a fading Moreno.  Onana and Luiz are not the same player and I don't think can be compared like for like.  Unai needs to build the quality around Onana.  We absolutely need a better central defensive partnership.  

Anyone think we should go for this lad? Especially if we sell Duran (and Archer? Rumoured interest from Bournemouth and they could be selling Solanke).

Potential sales -

Carlos (looking likely)

Moreno 

Digne

Cash

Kesler (or loan)

Dendoncker

Duran (looking likely)

Archer

That’s a lot of funds we could generate and use for further strengthening and would free up a lot of space on our wage budget. Not that I expect them all to happen but we have options so long as we have takers or interested parties… that’s the most difficult part.

I do think there is room to strengthen and add top quality.

Expect Dobbin to go out on loan. Kesler more likely a loan than a sale, after his contract extension.

I wonder about Iling-Jr 🤔 

Hause and Olsen will likely be released soon… 

A new keeper would be really handy. Maybe Gauci goes out on loan too, along with Zych again.

Edited by Jas10

We were linked with Vitor Roque before he joined Barca - not sure why Barca wanna dump him so soon after signing him but they have to be one of the worst run clubs ever - absolute joke of a club nowadays sadly… They cannot register him apparently for next season and signing him wouldn’t strengthen their chances of getting anyone in to replace him as they have to raise over £100mill before they can return to the €1-€1 rules … 

Edited by thabucks

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Anyone think we should go for this lad? Especially if we sell Duran (and Archer? Rumoured interest from Bournemouth and they could be selling Solanke).

Why is he getting chucked so early? Is he another Duran?

37 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Barca are in a mess financially, I’ve seen reports that they’re running on almost 3 million euros of debt.

There’s a certain limit/amount they have to meet or cover each season. Haven’t been able to register players yet still allowed to do business. Should just be forced to keep selling and not spend on any signings until they sort it out. Keep finding loophole and sponsorship deals.

Like the last couple of seasons, they can’t afford to register or even pay certain players.

36 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Apparently Barcelona are so broke they can’t afford to “re-register” him - whatever that means. On one hand Barca are about to sign big money players; on the other they don’t have a pot to piss in. The real situation? Your guess is as good as mine.

15 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Apparently Barcelona are so broke they can’t afford to “re-register” him - whatever that means. On one hand Barca are about to sign big money players; on the other they don’t have a pot to piss in. The real situation? Your guess is as good as mine.

Regardless, I don't think signing another 19 year old is the answer. We need a veteran who won't kick up a fuss or have his development curtailed. 

12 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Regardless, I don't think signing another 19 year old is the answer. We need a veteran who won't kick up a fuss or have his development curtailed. 

As Ollie's back up?

I don't agree with that at all

We would need another player of the same profile as Duran, just less mental, that's why I don't actually want Duran to leave, he fits the squad perfectly 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Just a thought......

Maybe Emery is looking to tweak the way we play this season as he feels that opposition may have worked out how to play against us.

Hence new players being bought in.

I think there could be an element of that. We seem to want a more creative forward to play next to Watkins (as opposed to Diaby's pace) and in midfield we have gone for more height and physicality. Maatsen as well likes to venture inside as opposed to overlapping all the time like Moreno and Digne. So I definitely think there will be a few differences to the way we play.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Just a thought......

Maybe Emery is looking to tweak the way we play this season as he feels that opposition may have worked out how to play against us.

Hope so. Seeing as we have been struggling since December. 

Just going to put this out there I still think if Duran goes we will need a player than can play with Watkins and as a 9 when he doesnt play.
A creative central midfielder - I think we will seriously miss Doug 

A fast and good in the air centre back

a right back

Re playing style, we bossed games last year when teams stood off us, but struggled when people went at us, with a sprinkling of 5-0s and turn arounds in there.

I think Emery is definitely solidifying through the middle, which will likely mean tactical tweak for sure

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

We haven't replaced Barry or Grealish yet. Don't forget to moan about them.

Diaby and Luiz faded along with everyone else last season. Neither of them ever lifted the team like Martinez or Watkins or even McGinn has. Those are players we couldn't afford to lose.

Bailey had a better season last year than Grealish ever did 😉

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

IMO he's a top talent and has been very harshly treated at Barca. They need money asap and can't get rid of Lewandowski so are cashing on on Roque as he's not the first choice striker (what we did with Diaby).

Respect that he's turning down Saudi as he wants to play in Europe. So if we can get him, he'd be a significant upgrade over Duran and Archer with a similar age profile meaning he'll likely be OK being backup to Ollie. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, delboy54 said:

Just a thought......

We’ve added more height, pace and dynamism on the flanks and more steel in the midfield. We will be harder to breakdown and glide through once the new lads gets settled

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Bailey had a better season last year than Grealish ever did 😉

According to who?

Please not goal tallies again. Please lord.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â