Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

33 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Think we can take the initial hit of Philiogene’s learning curve and end up with a better winger. there’s definitely something about the kid 

I guess you could say that whilst we’ve lost Diaby, we’re up Buendia, Rogers, Philogene, and maybe a net £30m compared to last autumn.

• Like 2

Just now, El-Reacho said:

I guess you could say that whilst we’ve lost Diaby, we’re up Buendia, Rogers, Philogene, and maybe a net £30m compared to last autumn.

Buendia being back is like a brand new senior signing. And yep 3 (SIJ too) u21 internationals to become key Villa players for the next 5 years 

10 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Where have we gone wrong with recruiting, in your opinion? 

I don’t know yet - I said if it turns out that we have made the wrong decisions, then it will need to be addressed. I don’t think selling Diaby or Luiz is a good start though…. Maatsen and Onana are probably going to be the most effective signings (I think) that we have made to date, but I’m not sure how far they actually improve our main 11 from last season. 

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Buendia being back is like a brand new senior signing. And yep 3 (SIJ too) u21 internationals to become key Villa players for the next 5 years 

Ramsey too. If those injured players stay fit and get back to their previous levels, and Philogene and Iling step up the way Morgan did in the spring we’ll be in good shape. Let’s hope so.

• Like 1

We needed a DM controller, playmaker.

Onana is a good player but i don't think he is this.

Zubimendi would have been perfect and has a 50m release clause.

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

I don’t know yet - I said if it turns out that we have made the wrong decisions, then it will need to be addressed. I don’t think selling Diaby or Luiz is a good start though…. Maatsen and Onana are probably going to be the most effective signings (I think) that we have made to date, but I’m not sure how far they actually improve our main 11 from last season. 

So you’re being worried about a “I don’t know yet”?

Come on, if you going to spend days about being “concerned” “worried” or “not sure” at least know why your wasting your time on these feelings 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Ramsey too. If those injured players stay fit and get back to their previous levels, and Philogene and Iling step up the way Morgan did in the spring we’ll be in good shape. Let’s hope so.

Yes Ramsey too. He was looking like he’s getting back in to form with last nights appearance. I’m excited to see more from him 

• Like 1

Maatsen and Onana are going to surprise a lot of people in 6 months. If not sooner. We have two quality players that will bring us something different whilst improving under Unai. Both are only 22 too. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Maatsen and Onana are going to surprise a lot of people in 6 months. If not sooner. We have two quality players that will bring us something different whilst improving under Unai. Both are only 22 too. 

Yeah I think in 6 months or so, especially when Kamara is back we will start to be really dangerous. Think it will be a bumpy ride until then thou with the new look midfield and I imagine new style of play needing time to gel.

• Like 1

The one thing I’m liking about all our signings this summer. They’re all (excluding Barkley) very young and about the same age. 

If Emery gets things right with their development this season, then Villa has a great squad for few seasons to come. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villan95 said:

Just seen they're paying £27M (Fullkrüg)

If that is so then it’s a bit on the high side for a 31 year old. However I feel he is made for the Premiership and will have a good season starting against Villa who currently lack physicality at CB.

15 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

The one thing I’m liking about all our signings this summer. They’re all (excluding Barkley) very young and about the same age. 

If Emery gets things right with their development this season, then Villa has a great squad for few seasons to come. 

I think in about a year or so, we will see a big shift in the age demographic of the squad - especially with older names leaving in the next 12-18 months (or sooner). Digne, Diego and Moreno are 31, Donk is 29 and Olsen 34. Older more experienced names would be crucial players like McGinn, Ollie and Dibu with the likes of Youri and Emi2 pushing 28. 

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

…we recruit better? 

You are aware none of this new team have played a competive game together yes? For a second I thought it was the new year and we are in the relegation zone.

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I think in about a year or so, we will see a big shift in the age demographic of the squad - especially with older names leaving in the next 12-18 months (or sooner). Digne, Diego and Moreno are 31, Donk is 29 and Olsen 34. Older more experienced names would be crucial players like McGinn, Ollie and Dibu with the likes of Youri and Emi2 pushing 28. 

Yeah, these signings are the beginning of the new “cycle” for Villa. As you suggesting, 2/3 years time Villa will be unrecognisable. Hopefully for the good 

2 hours ago, Enda said:

The reason we were crap from March was because our squad was so threadbare. We had injuries to Ramsey (now back), Youri (now back), Buendia (now back), Kamara (coming in Oct), and Mings (hopefully back soon). We were very light on the wings, and McGinn and Luiz were absolutely exhausted. We also let in too many goals from set pieces.

Our midfield is now stacked. We have too many in CM and hope we sell Dendoncker. But we will not be threadbare there again. We have swapped Kellyman with Philogene (upgrade imho) and signed Dobbin and Illing-Junior as reserves, meaning we probably have one too many wingers. Onana is a beast and will sort out our set piece vulnerability with his massive 6’4” head.

Archer is back so we actually have three centre forwards on the books. In Ollie we have one of the best forwards in Europe, and he is backed up by not one but two U21-ish internationals  We are all unhappy with two of those three so hopefully something can be done there (eg Felix), but fact of the matter is our squad is well-stocked in that department.

We have signed Maatsen as an attacking LB who will be more creative than Digne. Assists will come from there, while Onana will provide more defensive cover than what Luiz offered. We need to sell one of the LBs, freeing up some wages. In Ned we have proper competition for Cash for the first time. Ned will start against bottom 8 teams.

I’ve mentioned the forwards, so the only place where we have real concern is CB. We are under-stocked there. But even there we have imho England’s best centre-half coming back this week, and let’s not forget that Pau Torres is an absolutely Rolls Royce footballer. Sign a Hermoso or a Lenglet and we’re sorted. Not a big worry, and not one that needs sorting before West Ham either.

We also have the best goalkeeper in the world, and maybe the best manager in the world. There will be ups and downs this season but we are better set than we’ve been in at least 20 years. UTV.

Agree with all this. Huge positives everywhere.

The poor performances is all people are reacting to. 

Fans have rust to shake off as well as the players.

2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

The only thing we really need right now is 2 back up CBs (assuming Carlos is off) and a back up goalie  

everything else is just desired 

Agree but we'll need Watkins to be titanic until January again.

Like, play 80 mins in every game we'd like to win (all of them).

31 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

You are aware none of this new team have played a competive game together yes? For a second I thought it was the new year and we are in the relegation zone.

Yea… but based on what I have seen so far, we have possibly two starters out of six. And as I say, I don’t believe the starting 11 is stronger than what it was last season so far. 

Edited by Tayls

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Surprise? We paid 85 million for them.

They better be guaranteed hits for them fees

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, striker said:

If that is so then it’s a bit on the high side for a 31 year old. However I feel he is made for the Premiership and will have a good season starting against Villa who currently lack physicality at CB.

Dont think Celtic or Rangers could afford him but we would probably get 40 or 50 in that league

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â