Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Heads up: the start of the season is likely a bit of a challenge too, so expect the doom and gloom to increase massively. Luiz will be mentioned in every single criticism of Monchi and Emery, so be prepared. 

I liked Luiz, but honestly I can absolutely see us improving as a team without him, we will play differently so its an impossible comparison as he wont be replaced for a better or worse version, we will play differently and it might take ¼ of a season to start working so we need to be patient.

A couple more quality faces wouldn’t go amiss however, that’s what improves the new 11 over last seasons 11.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

The only thing we really need right now is 2 back up CBs (assuming Carlos is off) and a back up goalie  

everything else is just desired 

I'd say this is just desired too. Whether you rate the options or not we do have 3 back up keepers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

and a back up goalie

Is this a joke? Back up goalie is the unicorn of football. I've said enough about people who've never watched a game of A-League hyping up Gauci before they saw him in friendly

Asking for a lot but ideally I'd like to see something like this:

OUT

Olsen

Gauci (loan)

Carlos

Hause

Moreno

Dendoncker

Iling Jr (loan)

Dobbin (loan)

Duran

Archer

IN

Backup GK

Right sided CB

10 (e.g. Felix)

ST (e.g. Beier)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

The only thing we really need right now is 2 back up CBs (assuming Carlos is off) and a back up goalie  

everything else is just desired 

Think a replacement for Diaby is required. There's no way we sell him without replacing him with a starter - someone better suited to the system given Bailey will start when fit.

8 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Asking for a lot but ideally I'd like to see something like this:

OUT

Olsen

Gauci (loan)

Carlos

Hause

Moreno

Dendoncker

Iling Jr (loan)

Dobbin (loan)

Duran

Archer

IN

Backup GK

Right sided CB

10 (e.g. Felix)

ST (e.g. Beier)

Pretty much agree, but I think we should keep Dendoncker around. Think we should also keep hold of Moreno as he can play LB & LM. 

1 minute ago, El-Reacho said:

Think a replacement for Diaby is required. There's no way we sell him without replacing him with a starter - someone better suited to the system given Bailey will start when fit.

Think we can take the initial hit of Philiogene’s learning curve and end up with a better winger. there’s definitely something about the kid 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Concerned? A little.

I am. Bit worried about the recruitment side of things and those we have decided to sell. If it turns out to be the wrong decisions then something needs to be done about it. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I am. Bit worried about the recruitment side of things and those we have decided to sell. If it turns out to be the wrong decisions then something needs to be done about it. 

Like what? Fire Monchi? Ffs

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's not unreasonable to be unhappy Luiz has gone. He was key member of our squad. Had several years left and contract could've been extended. I hate PSR 

Why do you also deny the possibility that he wanted to leave? Ultimately, we won’t know the true reasons. Maybe he didn’t want to extend it either. Hence why Alisha also joined Juve Women. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

We definitely won't be signing a goalkeeper. 

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Why do you also deny the possibility that he wanted to leave? Ultimately, we won’t know the true reasons. Maybe he didn’t want to extend it either. Hence why Alisha also joined Juve Women. 

I don't

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â