Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, El-Reacho said:

Quite a bit of revisionism going on there. Luiz's passing in the final third was proper elite level stuff. As good as Onana might turn out to be - I can't see him replacing that aspect of our play.

Tielemans is better than Dougie in the final third and I would die on that hill.

Luiz was immense at breaking though the press and I am comfortable with onana replicating that

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Because some how it seems he's become the best midfielder of all time and we'll never be able to find one better or have a midfield as good without him in it ever again.

In short... We are doomed.

Why say that JV? it’s not what anybody has said.  In fact it’s the opposite that started it with somebody being so negative about him, then many just pointed out their points weren’t true with stats to back it up.  So it wasn’t overhyping him, it was just defending that he was an important part.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why say that JV? it’s not what anybody has said.  In fact it’s the opposite that started it with somebody being so negative about him, then many just pointed out their points weren’t true with stats to back it up.  So it wasn’t overhyping him, it was just defending that he was an important part.

I disagree with the extremes on both sides 

I'm just tired of seeing the same circular argument 😂

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Because some how it seems he's become the best midfielder of all time and we'll never be able to find one better or have a midfield as good without him in it ever again.

Why did this instantly remind me of this?

spacer.png

You’re on the wrong side of whatever this is mate… 

as for me…

spacer.png

Can we get back to summer transfer speculation or are we going to continue shitting on one of our best and most important contributors of recent times?

Not even our player anymore.

Time to move on.

Another thread derailed.

45 minutes ago, allani said:

Here's a whole stack of stats that I posted on the Dougie thread.  It's a FBref comparison of him and McGinn but it clearly shows how important Doug was for us last season.  Onana's a different type of midfielder and so I'm not sure how valuable it will be to compare his stats for the coming season with those of Dougie last season.  I was gutted when Luiz left.  Ideally I'd have loved to see Luiz and Onana play together this season - I think they'd have complemented each other really well (and even more so when Kamara became fit and available too). 

Onana's arrival has reduced my concern over Luiz leaving quite a lot - I think our midfield has more balance now than it did at the end of last season (especially with Enzo as well).  But half the issue is that Doug spent the last 5 months of last season not playing his best position - saying he was **** is not far off moving Ollie to RB and then moaning that he's not very good there.  Playing McGinn for 5 months in that role would have been a disaster.  That's not intended as a slight on McGinn - just recognition that McGinn is a MUCH better player higher up the pitch.

That would’ve been amazing.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Doomed.gif.1d241e30d5316bc8af764f49969fb

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Can we get back to summer transfer speculation or are we going to continue shitting on one of our best and most important contributors of recent times?

Not even our player anymore.

Time to move on.

Another thread derailed.

There’s barely any speculation tbh. It’s gone pretty quiet. People in here just circularly discuss the same things.

Surely this livens it up a bit?!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bobzy said:

There’s barely any speculation tbh. It’s gone pretty quiet. People in here just circularly discuss the same things.

Surely this livens it up a bit?!

Na 😆

Better off discussing who we would like, how and where they would fit in, where we should look to strengthen etc.

That would be much more relevant here.

I would like to see good suggestions for CBs… and links would be nice too 😆

What were Dougie's creative stats excluding attacking free-kicks and corners? I suspect they're still decent but the set-pieces are a chance for someone else to boost their creative stats.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Oh god he's gone and scored for Juve.... 😂

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 3

Observations so far in tonight's friendly. 

Totally disjointed in both halves.

Buendia is way off it. 

Nedeljovic is better than Cash.

McGinn not at the races.

Bogarde looks a useful player.

Archer couldn't do anything right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

On the plus side, Emery will know by now exactly who he wants to bin off in this window.

The whole team?

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â