Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Something slightly chilling from Unai, post Red Bull.

In summary "Mings will be available after September...Konsa is back soon...with those two we have enough centre backs"

I'm hoping I misunderstood. I heartily disagree.

I cannot see how Monchi wouldn't disagree. It's a clear quality gap in the squad IMO. Much more pressing than...for example...João Felix.

Could all be part of a long negotiation game I suppose.

To throw out a few names who could be of interest...Wilfried Singo, Koni De Winter. Quite like Anthony Rouault as well but he'll be settled at Stuttgart until at least January.

He's right though we have four cbs. We have to sell one before we sign another.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Something slightly chilling from Unai, post Red Bull.

In summary "Mings will be available after September...Konsa is back soon...with those two we have enough centre backs"

I'm hoping I misunderstood. I heartily disagree.

I cannot see how Monchi wouldn't disagree. It's a clear quality gap in the squad IMO. Much more pressing than...for example...João Felix.

Could all be part of a long negotiation game I suppose.

To throw out a few names who could be of interest...Wilfried Singo, Koni De Winter. Quite like Anthony Rouault as well but he'll be settled at Stuttgart until at least January.

FPL Villain also suggested that CB was a priority and he gets some info it seems like, I think Unai is being a bit 'deceptive' there with his comments, for want of a better word

• Like 1

9 hours ago, paul514 said:

Yep, just needs the right partner, someone good at a lot of defensive duties, quick and aggressive 

With the signing of some good aerial players in midfield (Onana, Enzo and Barkley) I think we'll be much better at defending set pieces this season.  I think Maatsen will prevent crosses from our left.  So I would prefer to get a really good RB to do similar on the other side and stick with Konsa and Pau in the middle.  We then need a better / more reliable covering CB than Carlos and (if he leaves) a replacement for him.  Then it comes down to how fit, strong and quick Mings is.  The latest news seems more positive in terms of him starting to train with the team from next week and probably being available for selection in September (by which I assume the end of Sept rather than the start).

At the end of the day the way we play under Emery we're more likely to win 2-1 than 1-0.  So I'm less fussed about clean sheets.  I think the strengthening of the midfield defensively and the added height we have will address some of the issues we had in the second half of the season.  Konsa and Pau provide a great platform from which to control possession and I think the more they play together the better they will become as a partnership.  I'd rather Konsa played at CB than RB.

• Like 1

Fulkrug is possibly the worst signing of many windows. 30m and a three year contract to a player who turns 32 in feb and has never been particularly high scoring. The template deal to avoid after a half decent euros. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Dunno 'bout that one

Really? It’s not just me but you can see over the West Ham forums the same discussion.  Anyway that’s their issue not ours…I doubt with him and their purchases they will overtake us as it was suggested plus we are still likely to add more during this window.

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Great pick up. I suppose if Carlos goes then we don't have enough CBs, so all eyes on that deal if it happens. 

Absolutely. It sounds like his target is four CBs and that's what we have. Though, as you said, we'll only be active if Carlos goes.

I'm sure the VT speculation train will ignore these facts though :lol:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Fulkrug is possibly the worst signing of many windows. 30m and a three year contract to a player who turns 32 in feb and has never been particularly high scoring. The template deal to avoid after a half decent euros. 

Reckon it was probably those couple of goals he scored in Dortmund’s run in to the CL final that’s put him on teams’ radar. I’d never heard of him before about March of this year.

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

We have no idea what level Mings will be at  so potentially we are going into the season with 3 centre backs 

Pau missed a fair old few games with injury last season and Carlos picked up more than his fair few

it would be madness not to sign another CB  

When is Kamara back? 2 seasons at CB for Marseille

10 hours ago, bobzy said:

Just sack it off pal. Nothing will ever be good enough. It’s not worth your time or worrying about it. 

No I love this club which is why I don’t want us going backwards.

Plus it’s a forum so I will raise concerns where I see fit.

I’m not going to be in denial that this transfer window has been all rosey when it clearly hasn’t been. 

10 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Patience is required and appreciation for what we have done so far… we have got the rest of the month to sort our business and aren’t privy to what’s going on. Links and rumours on social media aren’t a good guide (much of it is completely fabricated) nor provide a clear picture of what is happening behind the scenes. For the most part, it is what it is - speculation. And that should be fun 😆

It all takes time, sometimes we have to wait for the dominoes to fall too… things won’t go according to the timescales we set and demands we make. We have no power, control or influence. And that’s a good thing! 

Might be worth remembering that for all the fretting and bedwetting that was going on, we DID manage to get CL football after all. We would do well to learn from that rather than repeat the same behaviour… or apply it to other subjects.

We don’t fear anyone nor should we feel inferior… we proved we were the 4th best team in the league last season (while beating and dominating the champions and beating the runners up TWICE!) and we did that on merit. With plenty of toil and effort and challenges to overcome. The league table does not lie, does it?

I’m not on board with a  fear of regression either… Unai (and NSWE) has made his intentions quite clear and committed his future to the club. He has rocketed us into a level and status we (or everyone!) did not think we could achieve… and there is much more to come.

We should learn to have trust and faith in Unai (backed up by Monchi) and yes, again, be patient and understanding. We have taken magnificent and unforeseen strides (no one saw any of this happening or could even have imagined it being a possibility before King Unai arrived), we have a lot to be grateful for and it’s best to enjoy the ride rather than complain and raise doubts all the time. It’s kind of disappointing from us as a fanbase really… and it happens a lot, when it really shouldn’t. Can we ever be pleased?

Let’s see where we are at the end of the month but as we are now I don’t feel we are stronger than last season whereas I see teams like West Ham as stronger.

Patience is all very well and good but the season starts in 2 weeks against West Ham of all teams and I wouldn’t be confident of winning that game as things stand.

But I’m not as negative as people like @Tayls who thinks we’ll lose our first 5 games.

1 hour ago, MSvillain said:

I'd be absolutely furious with Monchi if we signed an injury riddled 31 year old for £25m.

As for very clinical; xG in Bundesliga was 12.9 and he actually scored 12, so he underperformed his xG rather than over performing which is what top finishers do

Fair enough, I didn’t know that stat, but he’s always looked a hell of a finisher whenever I’ve seen him for Germany. Don’t agree that he’s injury riddled either, but it is a short term signing given his age. If his goals help West Ham get into Europe though I’m sure they won’t care.

3 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Let’s see where we are at the end of the month but as we are now I don’t feel we are stronger than last season whereas I see teams like West Ham as stronger.

Patience is all very well and good but the season starts in 2 weeks against West Ham of all teams and I wouldn’t be confident of winning that game as things stand.

But I’m not as negative as people like @Tayls who thinks we’ll lose our first 5 games.

If you look at the rest of the Premier League, would you say many team have strengthened so far? There hasn't really even been many deals done.

I for one am very much looking forward to this season and believe we’ve done some very good business. Couple of further incomings, whether permanently or loans and it may just put some concerns to rest. For me a possible CB option and striker/forward will be enough.

People need to just chill a bit. A lot of moves happen in the final week/days of the window and that in turn could open up some targets for us that may not be available now. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

If you look at the rest of the Premier League, would you say many team have strengthened so far? There hasn't really even been many deals done.

Arsenal and Man Utd probably have, West Ham have. Chelsea will if they get Osimhen. I sort of agree with you but none of the other teams that finished in the top 8 last season have sold anyone important unlike us.

Maybe I’m overreacting and everything will be fine, I’m just a bit concerned we may be done this window if we can’t shift players and may be stuck with Duran who hasn’t even been given a shirt number. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â