Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

11 hours ago, maqroll said:

Feels like we've paused any transfer activity until they return home...

Nothing to do with being away, we don’t have money to spend until we move players on.

34 minutes ago, thunderball said:

West Ham have a very decent first 11. But theyve always had a few decent players. West Ham never do much with them though, I can’t recall a top 5 WHUFC team?

We've coveted players they’ve signed for years, but we are ahead of them in many areas elsewhere too. Above all else we are building a strong squad, that’s all we lacked last season.

i see what you are saying, but maybe the manager really is the difference here, i could only imagine what Emery could do with Bowen, Kudus & Paqueta at Villa, i would bet £5 its more than West Ham get out of them, even if they are very good there.

5 hours ago, Jareth said:

We need a CB - and Guehi is for sale - of course we are in for him 

Would be a great pick up but we can’t afford him! Simple as that.

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

If we're going to sign English defenders for silly money I'd rather Gomez for less money and more versatile.

Or, probably my number one target in the whole of Europe for CB, Tomori. 

How about we don’t sign or don’t focus on English defenders in particular (we have Konsa who is better or as good as most and Mings will be returning) and find high quality, high value CBs regardless of where they come from? Pau has transformed us and is Unai’s main man…

The English tax is beyond stupid.

There are good defenders out there that can be had for drastically lower fees with the potential to be much better and with plenty of room to improve their valuations (and make a big profit on, should we wish).

Gomez? Are we serious? Not the first time I’ve seen him mentioned (I’d also rather not help our PL rivals by taking their cast offs and allowing them to spend on upgrades).

The guy we didn’t want when SG was in charge? What’s changed? Not good enough at all.

We must continue to avoid overpriced, overpaid and overrated players… especially those that are past their best.

I like the way we have recruited younger players this summer… we may have paid a big fee for Onana but he is only 22 with huge potential and development within him and addresses some major deficiencies, worth the investment. The same goes for Maatsen.

Barrenechea and Nedeljkovic are showing promise, I’m less sure about Iling-Jr. We’ve brought Philogene back.

We could do with a few powerful or impactful players to make us more of a competitive CL team but have to spend wisely rather than recklessly and manage our wage budget accordingly.

Let's see how this plays out. More signings coming in. CB is a priority even if Carlos doesn't leave , CM is another area to unlock teams and the the striker issue with Archer and Duran.

Besides Mastanne and Onana the rest are not proven players just young and up and coming. Enzo I like. Barkley is backup player nothing more.

Just gonna throw some CB names out there for more knowledgeable people to discuss n debate on:

Bijol

Hato

Beraldo

Diomande

Scalvini

Debast

Mosquera

Diakite

Theate

Schlotterbeck

Lacroix

Silva

44 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Just gonna throw some CB names out there for more knowledgeable people to discuss n debate on:

Bijol

Hato

Beraldo

Diomande

Scalvini

Debast

Mosquera

Diakite

Theate

Schlotterbeck

Lacroix

Silva

I was just about to ask what are CB option for us. 

6 hours ago, Leeroy said:

West Ham being very ambitious this window. Will fancy themselves as capable of overtaking us with a very clinical German striker playing in front of the likes of Bowen, Paqueta and Kudus and they have good depth with Summerville, Rodriguez, etc. 

Every day I hope for some good news on the transfer front for us but never seems to come. 

They also now have a hell of a manager as well. I think they will do well this season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Bijol

Hato

Beraldo

Diomande

Scalvini

Debast

Mosquera

Diakite

Theate

Schlotterbeck

Lacroix

Silva

Would love Scalvini. He’s versatile too but tore is ACL just before the Euros so he’ll be out for a long time.

45 minutes ago, handsworthvilla said:

They also now have a hell of a manager as well. I think they will do well this season. 

Is Lopetegui top level? He won a Europa League, but also got sacked by Real Madrid very quickly. Did a decent job at Wolves... Never stayed anywhere longer than a couple of years. I'd say he's yet to prove his quality completely. Also, Brown turtleneck is a terrible look. 

Edited by oishiiniku_uk

33 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Is Lopetegui top level? He won a Europa League, but also got sacked by Real Madrid very quickly. Did a decent job at Wolves... Never stayed anywhere longer than a couple of years. I'd say he's yet to prove his quality completely. Also, Brown turtleneck is a terrible look. 

He's better than Moyes

14 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He's better than Moyes

I’m not sure he is.  Moyes is a good coach and so is Lopetegui and I’m not sure there is much between them but I doubt Lopetegui will match Moyes record at West Ham with three European adventures and a cup.  Lopetegui plays similar football to Moyes so it’s not as if it’s a major change in style either.

• Like 1

I’m just now watching Unai’s post match press conference from the Leipzig game so apologies if this is old news.

He seems VERY clear that we are not in the market for a new centre back from the 7 minute mark. 

Not a direct quote but he essentially says that Mings will be back in September and we then have Konsa coming back from the Euros. He then specifically says that, once they are back, “we have enough centre backs”.

Has this been picked up already?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

I’m just now watching Unai’s post match press conference from the Leipzig game so apologies if this is old news.

He seems VERY clear that we are not in the market for a new centre back from the 7 minute mark. 

Not a direct quote but he essentially says that Mings will be back in September and we then have Konsa coming back from the Euros. He then specifically says that, once they are back, “we have enough centre backs”.

Has this been picked up already?

Great pick up. I suppose if Carlos goes then we don't have enough CBs, so all eyes on that deal if it happens. 

• Like 1

On 01/08/2024 at 10:17, pas5898 said:

We could have got 60m for Luiz easily

Could we? I'm 100% sure if we could easily have got £60m then we would have got £60m.

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Could we? I'm 100% sure if we could easily have got £60m then we would have got £60m.

Maybe in theory we could have gotten £60m from arsenal and for competitive reasons we didn't want to do that 

As soon as we shop him outside the PL the value drops, is what it is

Edited by villa4europe

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Something slightly chilling from Unai, post Red Bull.

In summary "Mings will be available after September...Konsa is back soon...with those two we have enough centre backs"

I'm hoping I misunderstood. I heartily disagree.

Emery playing 4d chess with other clubs. 

The message is we don't NEED your player.  We're pretty ambivalent to signing another Centre Back. 

Maybe we will though if the price is right. Possibly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Maybe in theory we could have gotten £60m from arsenal and for competitive reasons we didn't want to do that 

As soon as we shop him outside the PL the value drops, is what it is

I still can't understand people getting upset about the monetary value anyway. It's clear we placed a lot more value on the players coming the other way than we paid. The figures have been massaged to suit all parties.   What's registered in the books is just a PSR dodge. The £42m is meaningless. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Leeroy said:

West Ham being very ambitious this window. Will fancy themselves as capable of overtaking us with a very clinical German striker playing in front of the likes of Bowen, Paqueta and Kudus and they have good depth with Summerville, Rodriguez, etc. 

Every day I hope for some good news on the transfer front for us but never seems to come. 

I'd be absolutely furious with Monchi if we signed an injury riddled 31 year old for £25m.

As for very clinical; xG in Bundesliga was 12.9 and he actually scored 12, so he underperformed his xG rather than over performing which is what top finishers do

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â