Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

22 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Yep, just needs the right partner, someone good at a lot of defensive duties, quick and aggressive 

A fit and firing Mings sounds perfect…

• Shocked 1

29 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

West Ham being very ambitious this window. Will fancy themselves as capable of overtaking us with a very clinical German striker playing in front of the likes of Bowen, Paqueta and Kudus and they have good depth with Summerville, Rodriguez, etc. 

Every day I hope for some good news on the transfer front for us but never seems to come. 

Patience is required and appreciation for what we have done so far… we have got the rest of the month to sort our business and aren’t privy to what’s going on. Links and rumours on social media aren’t a good guide (much of it is completely fabricated) nor provide a clear picture of what is happening behind the scenes. For the most part, it is what it is - speculation. And that should be fun 😆

It all takes time, sometimes we have to wait for the dominoes to fall too… things won’t go according to the timescales we set and demands we make. We have no power, control or influence. And that’s a good thing! 

Might be worth remembering that for all the fretting and bedwetting that was going on, we DID manage to get CL football after all. We would do well to learn from that rather than repeat the same behaviour… or apply it to other subjects.

We don’t fear anyone nor should we feel inferior… we proved we were the 4th best team in the league last season (while beating and dominating the champions and beating the runners up TWICE!) and we did that on merit. With plenty of toil and effort and challenges to overcome. The league table does not lie, does it?

I’m not on board with a  fear of regression either… Unai (and NSWE) has made his intentions quite clear and committed his future to the club. He has rocketed us into a level and status we (or everyone!) did not think we could achieve… and there is much more to come.

We should learn to have trust and faith in Unai (backed up by Monchi) and yes, again, be patient and understanding. We have taken magnificent and unforeseen strides (no one saw any of this happening or could even have imagined it being a possibility before King Unai arrived), we have a lot to be grateful for and it’s best to enjoy the ride rather than complain and raise doubts all the time. It’s kind of disappointing from us as a fanbase really… and it happens a lot, when it really shouldn’t. Can we ever be pleased?

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Is this the same as last season when you said Spurs were more ambitious than us because they signed Werner and we only signed Rogers?

Same people were bed wetting when we signed Rogers and Spurs got Werner in Jan, claiming they'd finish above us now.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Same people were bed wetting when we signed Rogers and Spurs got Werner in Jan, claiming they'd finish above us now.

I think it warrants calling out, it really was embarrassing from a few and not what I would call support or affection for your club. And rather bigging up or fearing clubs who weren’t even a match for us while shitting on ours…

Some people have an inferiority complex about the club ingrained in their minds and cannot quite get on board with the revolution or new era. Hanging on to that old, decaying shell when we have long escaped from it and been revitalised. The scars may run deep but… we’ve got to move on and enjoy where we are at now, otherwise we’ll miss and have failed to appreciate it or experience it to it’s fullest… 

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

West Ham being very ambitious this window. Will fancy themselves as capable of overtaking us with a very clinical German striker playing in front of the likes of Bowen, Paqueta and Kudus and they have good depth with Summerville, Rodriguez, etc. 

Every day I hope for some good news on the transfer front for us but never seems to come. 

Just sack it off pal. Nothing will ever be good enough. It’s not worth your time or worrying about it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I think it warrants calling out, it really was embarrassing from a few and not what I would call support or affection for your club. And rather bigging up or fearing clubs who weren’t even a match for us while shitting on ours…

Some people have an inferiority complex about the club ingrained in their minds and cannot quite get on board with the revolution or new era. Hanging on to that old, decaying shell when we have long escaped from it and been revitalised. The scars may run deep but… we’ve got to move on and enjoy where we are at now, otherwise well miss and fail to appreciate it…

For sure, it irks me when people overrate other teams and underrate us. There's no problem saying West Ham, for example are having a good window, but lets not pretend just yet they will overtake us.

In 2-3 weeks we could easily have a different and even stronger squad, potentially with Felix and maybe a new defender. There's still lots of time to keep improving before the opening game.

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

You really think Emery is going to bench Torres? Cloud cuckoo land if you think that.

You really think Emery is going to spend 50m on Guehi to be a 2nd choice CB? Do you think Guehi would join Villa in those circumstances?

Yes I could defo see Emery benching Torres.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, striker said:

You really think Emery is going to spend 50m on Guehi

No I don't. 

Zero chance we are in for him IMO

4 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

😂😂

This guy honestly rates Marc Guehi more than Pau. 

Stop trolling

I’m not and Torres is too slow to play in a high line.

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

For sure, it irks me when people overrate other teams and underrate us. There's no problem saying West Ham, for example are having a good window, but lets not pretend just yet they will overtake us.

In 2-3 weeks we could easily have a different and even stronger squad, potentially with Felix and maybe a new defender. There's still lots of time to keep improving before the opening game.

Agreed.

If you (claim to) love Unai (basically our messiah 😂) then how can you have constant doubts, negativity and keep questioning everything?

I don’t get it, especially with how remarkable and marvellous he has been ever since he’s arrived.

I can’t even clearly remember when we were last at these heights (though the game has changed a lot and top 4 didn’t get you into premier competition or bring the finances/rewards it does these days).

I can definitely state, however, that I have never seen us play such stylish, effective and entertaining football and it was something I had long dreamed for and almost given up on as being a possibility…

It’s been wonderful, I love Unai and I love the Unai era… we can be proud to support this club and team. Not be ashamed and not feel lesser than anyone! And… we seem to be doing things the right way (with a classy, dignified man in charge who is an exception rather than a norm) rather than cheating our way there…

What is there to cry and bitch about? 😂

Haven’t we, justifiably, had to do more than enough of that in the past and for so long? Aren’t we tired of it and would rather just enjoy the good times now that they’re finally here?

No? 😂

-

Signings have been good and more are on the way… ENJOY!! 🥳 

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, striker said:

You really think Emery is going to spend 50m on Guehi to be a 2nd choice CB? 

Absolutely, yes. Managers would want the best players in all positions with the best possible cover in all positions too.

Whether a player would want to be a bench warmer, who knows, but as a manager? **** yeah. Of course he would. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Just sack it off pal. Nothing will ever be good enough. It’s not worth your time or worrying about it. 

This should be the standard response or statement really 😂

T 🔨 

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

That’s mild for him… don’t indulge or feed him. I highly recommend the ignore feature.

It’s not working Jas. 😂

2 minutes ago, striker said:

How did we get on with Torres in the team last season? And without him?

So we win the Champions League if we replace him?

Breast.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

i guess its a balance isnt it, we have bought 1 player who is 30 odd, the other 5 or 6 are early to mid 20s, most in the early 20s tbh.

You're really not missing much. He's never done anything of note, other than being one of Scaloni's pets (Lo Celso and Nico González are the others, equally worthless). If you want a good n5, take Equi Fernández from us, I'd much rather he played in the Premier than in Arabia as is being reported.

Edited by Daulmakan

15 minutes ago, striker said:

why is our win rate with him 75% and without 25%

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Absolutely, yes. Managers would want the best players in all positions with the best possible cover in all positions too.

Whether a player would want to be a bench warmer, who knows, but as a manager? **** yeah. Of course he would. 

If we're going to sign English defenders for silly money I'd rather Gomez for less money and more versatile.

Or, probably my number one target in the whole of Europe for CB, Tomori. 

West Ham have a very decent first 11. But theyve always had a few decent players. West Ham never do much with them though, I can’t recall a top 5 WHUFC team?

We've coveted players they’ve signed for years, but we are ahead of them in many areas elsewhere too. Above all else we are building a strong squad, that’s all we lacked last season.

Edited by thunderball

Something slightly chilling from Unai, post Red Bull.

In summary "Mings will be available after September...Konsa is back soon...with those two we have enough centre backs"

I'm hoping I misunderstood. I heartily disagree.

I cannot see how Monchi wouldn't disagree. It's a clear quality gap in the squad IMO. Much more pressing than...for example...João Felix.

Could all be part of a long negotiation game I suppose.

To throw out a few names who could be of interest...Wilfried Singo, Koni De Winter. Quite like Anthony Rouault as well but he'll be settled at Stuttgart until at least January.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Something slightly chilling from Unai, post Red Bull.

In summary "Mings will be available after September...Konsa is back soon...with those two we have enough centre backs"

I'm hoping I misunderstood. I heartily disagree.

I cannot see how Monchi wouldn't disagree. It's a clear quality gap in the squad IMO. Much more pressing than...for example...João Felix.

Could all be part of a long negotiation game I suppose.

To throw out a few names who could be of interest...Wilfried Singo, Koni De Winter. Quite like Anthony Rouault as well but he'll be settled at Stuttgart until at least January.

Obviously i dont know if we will or wont sig any more defenders or other players, but lets be honest, Emery is too clever and too good at people management to say "yeah i agree, we need to reinforce, we have some defensive issues".

He wouldnt want to unsettle or upset the current players with maybes, if we want to sign some new players im sure we will, but Emery wont be telegraphing it.

Similar to last season, we all knew we had gaps due to injuries, fatigue etc etc, but Emery kept saying he was happy with the squad and trusted all of his players, whether first teamers or squad players, that just all part of managing the players you have.

Honestly, to expect Emery to have agreed with the question and stated his desire to get reinforcements in misses the point, we might get some reinforcements in various positions, with quite a few leaving, but he wont be telegraphing that to the media or reporters, or doing a Conte and basically calling all his players cr*p and born losers who need replacing asap.....

:)

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â