Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Bit surprising?

Can we add someone else to that list? Whether from the current crop or a new signing or two?

Rogers will get close I think.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Think Felix got 1 in 4 for a shit Chelsea so he wouldn't be far off I don't think

Would be in with a shout, especially under Unai’s tutelage.

Rogers quite possibly…

Probably too much of an ask for Youri…

Ollie, Bailey and Felix would be a superb attack 👌

Edited by Jas10

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Can we add someone else to that list? Whether from the current crop or a new signing or two?

I think I am starting my FPL season with Watkins, Bailey and Rogers.  Plenty of goals and assists between them.  Especially with the rest of my midfield.  That might change if we sign Felix.

35 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Would be in with a shout, especially under Unai’s tutelage.

Rogers quite possibly…

Probably too much of an ask for Youri…

Ollie, Bailey and Felix would be a superb attack 👌

I’d love a not expected player to do it or get close like a defender getting set piece goals or a box to box midfielder like Onana to get some.  It’s very unlikely but it’d be good to have a defender whose gets a fair bunch of goals.

3 hours ago, Tayls said:

Things feel a bit weird at the moment…. What’s going on? 

- Two players who are behaving like children and trying to force moves. (allegedly)

- An unbalanced transfer window (to date) 

- Poor defensive displays, I don’t care that the matches are pre season and all that jazz - we look very very weak at the back. 

- Players seemingly still not wanting to join us despite champs league. 

- Disjointed performances since we arrived in the US.  

It feels like we are masking over a few issues with the various positive bits of PR.
Is it a toxic environment from the players side of things? Are there issues between Emery and some of the players? 

It’s all a bit odd. 

Not sure why people have given you such stick for this. It does feel a bit different to last pre season and we are, undoubtedly, ropey defensively, even before the season ended. 
I think the Duran and Carlos situations are different, Duran is a wild card who thinks he deserves better. Carlos has probably been told that we would like him to leave and maybe he’s not too happy about that.

Players not wanting to join us? Gallagher just didn’t want to leave Chelsea or London. Felix hankers after Barca. I’m not offended by either of those.

I don’t think anything is toxic, I think we’ve had a high turnover of players and they’ve maybe not bonded yet. Some big hitters to come back and the rest will settle. I’d use the same logic re our dicey US performances.

For me, the big worry is our leaky defence. I hope that Cash, Konsa, Torres and Maatsen, get a good couple of pre season games together to get comfortable again.

I think we’ll be fine but we could have a bumpy start to the season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

You really think Emery is going to bench Torres? Cloud cuckoo land if you think that.

Rotating players is very common though. It will be another 50+ game season. Pau and a new CB would easily get plenty of game time.

Ty might not be back until Sep or later meaning that if Diego leaves soon we only have two senior CBs. We need some quality options in the squad.

2 hours ago, striker said:

Had a quiet chuckle to myself reading the last few pages.

A full England international CB coming to Villa to be a squad player lol.

If there is any truth to the matter at all (I doubt it) he would be coming in to partner Konsa at CB while Torres would be benched. Torres isn't quick enough to play in a high line or have enough physicality to deal with a high ball. That was clear last season!

Get real guys.

I agree we arent signing a 70m centre back as a back up.

The rest of what you said was balls, not opinion, fact. Look at our win rate with and without Torres its like 75/25

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Not sure why people have given you such stick for this. It does feel a bit different to last pre season and we are, undoubtedly, ropey defensively, even before the season ended. 
I think the Duran and Carlos situations are different, Duran is a wild card who thinks he deserves better. Carlos has probably been told that we would like him to leave and maybe he’s not too happy about that.

Players not wanting to join us? Gallagher just didn’t want to leave Chelsea or London. Felix hankers after Barca. I’m not offended by either of those.

I don’t think anything is toxic, I think we’ve had a high turnover of players and they’ve maybe not bonded yet. Some big hitters to come back and the rest will settle. I’d use the same logic re our dicey US performances.

For me, the big worry is our leaky defence. I hope that Cash, Konsa, Torres and Maatsen, get a good couple of pre season games together to get comfortable again.

I think we’ll be fine but we could have a bumpy start to the season. 

Exactly. Thank you. Some people don’t like hearing that everything isn’t all rosey and perfect. 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I agree with pretty much everything you have said. The worry definitely is the defence, and it’s been the same for almost a year now. We absolutely need to find some consistency with it. 

Im hoping we haven’t got any stuff going on behind the scenes, the idea of the players falling out with Emery/coaching staff doesn’t sit well! 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Guido Rodriguez to Spam then.

30-years-old, as good as he is, think we need to reduce the overall squad age not do the opposite like West Ham are.

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

30-years-old, as good as he is, think we need to reduce the overall squad age not do the opposite like West Ham are.

i guess its a balance isnt it, we have bought 1 player who is 30 odd, the other 5 or 6 are early to mid 20s, most in the early 20s tbh.

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i guess its a balance isnt it, we have bought 1 player who is 30 odd, the other 5 or 6 are early to mid 20s, most in the early 20s tbh.

We've got seven squad names aged 30 or above, and the only core names would be Ty and Dibu. The likes of Moreno, Digne and Carlos (who are all 31) will probably leave in the next year (if not sooner). The oldest in the squad is Olsen, but I have no idea when his deal is up.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We've got seven squad names aged 30 or above, and the only core names would be Ty and Dibu. The likes of Moreno, Digne and Carlos (who are all 31) will probably leave in the next year (if not sooner). The oldest in the squad is Olsen, but I have no idea when his deal is up.

who are the 7?, Martinez, Olsen, Digne, Moreno, Carlos, Mings, Barkley i think?

I can see one of Moreno or Digne going, hopefully Carlos going is true, that leaves 4-5 who are 30+ i guess, not too bad for a 25 man squad.

I guess Hause, Donk, McGinn will hit 30 this season also tbf.

Olsens deal expires next summer.

Edited by MaVilla

9 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Pau Torres is, quite emphatically, the most important player that we have to play the Unai system. Genuinely is one of, if not the best, ball playing CB in the world. 

Yep, just needs the right partner, someone good at a lot of defensive duties, quick and aggressive 

• Like 1

West Ham being very ambitious this window. Will fancy themselves as capable of overtaking us with a very clinical German striker playing in front of the likes of Bowen, Paqueta and Kudus and they have good depth with Summerville, Rodriguez, etc. 

Every day I hope for some good news on the transfer front for us but never seems to come. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Is this the same as last season when you said Spurs were more ambitious than us because they signed Werner and we only signed Rogers?

You’re very defensive.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â