Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

8 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I rate Guehi but he isn't what we need really. He is used to playing left centre back. He is 5'11 - 6' . He's not really the aggressive stopper that is imperious in the air we need. His speed is decent though.

Carlos is presumably off. Who steps up if Pau or Ezri get injured? We don’t know when Ty is back, that leaves us with the likes Feeney. We absolutely need another quality CB option. With so many fixtures he would still get a lot of game time when rotating with others.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Carlos is presumably off. Who steps up if Pau or Ezri get injured? We don’t know when Ty is back, that leaves us with the likes Feeney. We absolutely need another quality CB option. With so many fixtures he would still get a lot of game time when rotating with others.  

Guehi be sooo nice. I imagine that would push Konsa to RB more often then?

8 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Guehi be sooo nice. I imagine that would push Konsa to RB more often then?

That could be an option too. 

Konsa — Pau/Guehi

Ezri Pau Guehi Maatsen

Kosta Ezri Guehi Digne/Maatsen

There’s a lot of options and rotations we could include, and we absolutely need a CB as we’d be without Lenglet or Diego too. No word on Ty’s return. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

That could be an option too. 

Konsa — Pau/Guehi

Ezri Pau Guehi Maatsen

Kosta Ezri Guehi Digne/Maatsen

There’s a lot of options and rotations we could include, and we absolutely need a CB as we’d be without Lenglet or Diego too. No word on Ty’s return. 

Wouldn’t it be Ezri Guehi Pau Maatsen? Seems like Guehi would come in as RCB. 

And I wouldn’t count Ty until late Sept at the earliest.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Guehi would be a great signing. Don't see it happening though. Would cost a fortune. 

Exactly, English tax plus England tax. No way he goes anywhere for less than £60M, and there aren’t many CBs you couldn’t get from abroad at that fee. 

Edit: plus I think there’s a real risk of pissing Ezri off if we look to move him to RB as his starting position. Much better to buy someone who starts at RB and is good cover at RCB if Konsa is injured or needs resting. The alternative is a younger ‘project’ RCB, not someone to replace Konsa in his preferred role. 

Edited by Awol

32 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

We all know this. I have stated on several occasions that we need 2 centre backs if we sell Carlos.

The problem with Guehi is he doesn't have the qualities that would improve our first team. For 60m he needs to be an Improvement. To me he is Konsa only comfortable the the ball on either foot, but not quite as tall or quick.

We need a beast! Tall, quick, strong, aggressive centre back that wants to win the ball. 

56 minutes ago, useless said:

I highly doubt we will pay the reported £60m for Guehi, you only pay that kind of money when it's for a player who is coming in to be first choice, and we couldn't guarantee him that with Konsa and Torres, was only a month or so back people were lamenting Southgate for picking Guehi ahead of Konsa

Unless Konsa becomes our full-time RB

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I wouldn't want him there long term. He's a top class centre half who can play RB. Ideally CB in a back 4 or RCB in a back 3. And although Guehi is great for depth and competition, I wouldn't be moving Konsa for him.
And if the price really is £60m I wouldn't go for him at all tbh. He's good, but that's too much and I think we can get better value elsewhere.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ender4 said:

He won’t. We need other centre backs. We start the season without Ty and Diego potentially, there’s no other first team centre backs beyond Pau and Ezri. 

You would be left with Hause or the likes of Feeney. That’s a big drop in quality, 

1 hour ago, useless said:

I highly doubt we will pay the reported £60m for Guehi, you only pay that kind of money when it's for a player who is coming in to be first choice, and we couldn't guarantee him that with Konsa and Torres, was only a month or so back people were lamenting Southgate for picking Guehi ahead of Konsa

Yeah but Konsa wasn’t first choice CB, having played most of the time at RB.  Emery might want to continue with Konsa at RB for all we know.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah but Konsa wasn’t first choice CB, having played most of the time at RB.  Emery might want to continue with Konsa at RB for all we know.

I think this was because Cash isn't very good and we had strength at centre half.

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I think this was because Cash isn't very good and we had strength at centre half.

But we may buy a CB and we still in the same position at RB.

5 hours ago, villan95 said:

Over £20M for a player in their 30s is rarely good business IMO

15m.

5 hours ago, Leeroy said:

He’s a very good finisher and a big brute of a striker but at 31 I’m not sure it’s the smartest move. I’d rather young with potential to replace Watkins long term.

West Ham did similar with Ings and now can’t shift him.

Fullgrug is much better than Ings.

Sky reckon Gallagher turned down a move to us earlier in the window ?  
Shame as long terms he’s probably a good McGinn replacement

probably not the sharpest though if he appears to be holding out for Spurs 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â