Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

IF we are open to selling Carlos. I See Newcastle are interested in Guehi, no chance we should let him go there if we need a CB

I know the Geordies did some FFP fiddling. But they are also spending £15m on some striker from Sheffield United who hasn’t scored any prem goals. Not sure how they could afford both - Palace won’t sell him cheap either. 

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I don’t think we really expected the Diaby sale otherwise we probably wouldn’t have sold Dougie (unless he really wanted to go I suppose). So to have an additional (roughly) £120m this summer plus allowed losses, is a real opportunity. 

I am a little nervous about how much of the squad will have changed, especially if Moreno/Dinge, Diego Carlos, and Duran go, that’s quite a chunk of the squad. But I fully trust the management so I’m sure it’ll pan out, exciting times!  

Yeah Diaby was not in the plans to be sold, but every player has their price and we have 24/25 PSR problems to solve come June

Just to add on to the eyes emoji tweet, this was in reply to him saying he thinks we need another centre back. I’ve followed him for a while just for general villa stuff he definitely knows a bit. 

On 31/07/2024 at 20:26, Tayls said:

We have replaced Luiz…. But have we replaced him with a better player? Have we replaced any of the individual starting 11 with a better player - arguably, no. Yes the squad is stronger overall, because we have depth, but I don’t think our quality has improved. I don’t know if Onana is a better player than Luiz, I don’t know if Maatsen is better than Digne/Moreno…

Onana is a different player to Luiz....They may play in similar positions, but they are essentially blessed with different attributes.

We didn't want to sell Luiz, but my understanding is he wanted to go.....so restructuring had to happen. In my view Tielemans is the closest player we have to Luiz's skill set.

I expect, our playing style to be slightly different, this coming season, lets just hope it's for the better, but I can't see us exceeding last seasons final position.

I think, it might be a slowish start, but I also think some of the new players, will surprise us.....but we have to be tighter at the back, in order for these young players to be free to take risks and chances.

4 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Got a feeling we will have a slow start too. 

This pre season doesn't give me good vibes 

Lost our opening game and still made fourth. Champions league confirmed again 😉 

7 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

This pessimism is a real turn up for the books 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Sounds familiar to a some saying we weren’t going to get fourth towards the end of last season.

Just now, Jareth said:

Guehi would be insane

I’ve read that a few times and I don’t know if you would be happy or angry.  I’m going to guess like me you would be happy.

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’ve read that a few times and I don’t know if you would be happy or angry.  I’m going to guess like me you would be happy.

oh deffo happy

• Thanks 1

Pau & Konsa shouldn’t be shoe ins for the first XI - the shirt needs to be earned on the pitch and in training. Only Emi and Watkins I can see are currently guaranteed starters. I actually can see us going for Guehi - we have the money but we need to clever with the accountancy side of it … 

Edited by thabucks

I highly doubt we will pay the reported £60m for Guehi, you only pay that kind of money when it's for a player who is coming in to be first choice, and we couldn't guarantee him that with Konsa and Torres, was only a month or so back people were lamenting Southgate for picking Guehi ahead of Konsa

I rate Guehi but he isn't what we need really. He is used to playing left centre back. He is 5'11 - 6' . He's not really the aggressive stopper that is imperious in the air we need. His speed is decent though.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â