Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats the issue though we have resolved one problem and created another. From a defensive point of view we look far better. But i have concerns where the goals and creativity is going to come from. Last season a lot of that came from luiz diaby and bailey to help ollie.  2/3 have gone.

I think youri got what 3 goals all last year? Alot is going to be expected of JPB bailey and rodgers i think (pending on more incomings)

JJ we know could probably do the business same with emi but we dont know what the injuries have done to them. So thats a 50/50

I think realistically Rogers is the replacement for Diaby's output from last season, I have a feeling he's going to be an absolute beast in the PL this season. With Bailey and Watkins that's a great front three. We now have the ability to further enhance that area with bringing in a player of real quality in Felix (or an unknown alternative of a similar quality). Combine that with Ramsey, Buendia, Iling-Junior, Philogene and Archer & Dobbin and we have some real squad depth and variety of players to come on and change games - all of these players are (or are like) new signings as were not with us or unavailable last season. The only players missing from last season are Diaby and Duran.

Luiz scored a lot of goals from midfield early in the season, and provided assists all season - his goalscoring dried up after Kamara's injury when he moved into a more defensive position and we possibly (I haven't checked these stats) scored less goals from the midfield areas. McGinn, Barkley, Tielemans, Buendia and Ramsey when central, have the ability to make up the numbers in terms of goals and assists. It wouldn't surprise me to see another midfielder come in yet who can replicate some of Luiz's strengths. Overall though there are other areas of the pitch that will need to help in creating chances for the forward players.

I don’t think we really expected the Diaby sale otherwise we probably wouldn’t have sold Dougie (unless he really wanted to go I suppose). So to have an additional (roughly) £120m this summer plus allowed losses, is a real opportunity. 

I am a little nervous about how much of the squad will have changed, especially if Moreno/Dinge, Diego Carlos, and Duran go, that’s quite a chunk of the squad. But I fully trust the management so I’m sure it’ll pan out, exciting times!  

41 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I’m jealous that Arsenal got Calafiori… can we bring that kind of quality in? 

Really struggle to think of names…

Depends on money available. If not much Hermoso on a free is a no brainer. 

Loadsof quality centre backs out there but will cost, Arsenal spent £40m on Calafiori. We don’t seem to have any money until Duran and others are sold.

Arsenal are like the new Man City for me, they spend hundreds of millions every summer and don’t bring nearly as much in through sales. They’ve spent a fortune on their defence through Saliba, Zinchenko, White, Gabriel, Timber etc. if only we could spend the same. 

Edited by Leeroy

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

He's not too old, he's basically the ideal profile of what we need from a cover striker except for the astronomical wages. We need a proven veteran who has done it before, will be OK with not being the main man and will do a job when asked. 

We don't want another situation where we have a younger player who will be sitting on the bench and having his development stymied like Duran. 

Fullkrug was the man to go for. Been saying it since the window opened but he off to West Ham which is a terrific signing for them.

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I don’t think we really expected the Diaby sale otherwise we probably wouldn’t have sold Dougie (unless he really wanted to go I suppose). So to have an additional (roughly) £120m this summer plus allowed losses, is a real opportunity. 

I am a little nervous about how much of the squad will have changed, especially if Moreno/Dinge, Diego Carlos, and Duran go, that’s quite a chunk of the squad. But I fully trust the management so I’m sure it’ll pan out, exciting times!  

I think Dougie wanted to leave, but Diaby was more of a surprise, hence the price negotiations. I think Unai is rebuilding the squad in his image still, it means a lot of change yes, but look at what he inherited and built on to achieve. A lot of our transfers will make us physically stronger and dynamic whilst identifying young players we can shift for profit in the future whilst leveraging youth already here for PSR profit. It’s extremely exciting either way, not sure what they’ve got cooking for the weeks ahead either. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RichW said:

I'm fairly confident Lukaku would not come to Villa to be a cover striker. He would expect to be the main main where ever he goes. 

Yeah, I agree. He's not quite admitted to himself that his legs aren't what they were - he's not even that old but he's been first team for about 15 years already, so that will have taken its toll. 

52 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Think we’re seeing too many fake links and rumours…

But something like this could work… doubt Palace would be interested though. If anything, Jhon’s antics have probably put more clubs off more than anything…

There must be players out there that have more of an interest in us now considering we’ve qualified for CL.

That really is an awful idea.

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

I don't rate Diego Carlos but if he does go we will need 2 new defenders. 

I'm quite happy for that to happen but I want the players to come in before Carlos is sold, I want them to be a few years younger than Carlos, and I want them to be better than him.

So far no links to any defenders of note and Felix has gone quiet again. The Lukaku link is bizarre, he'd be a fantastic sub option for us but I don't think there's any chance he'd accept that role. 

Trevor Chalobah for me, right age , physically strong and can play CB or RB which would suit the emery system  and reduce wage/average age

7 minutes ago, striker said:

Fullkrug was the man to go for. Been saying it since the window opened but he off to West Ham which is a terrific signing for them.

I’m guessing three goals, two assists over the season

• Shocked 1

13 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I think realistically Rogers is the replacement for Diaby's output from last season, I have a feeling he's going to be an absolute beast in the PL this season. With Bailey and Watkins that's a great front three. We now have the ability to further enhance that area with bringing in a player of real quality in Felix (or an unknown alternative of a similar quality). Combine that with Ramsey, Buendia, Iling-Junior, Philogene and Archer & Dobbin and we have some real squad depth and variety of players to come on and change games - all of these players are (or are like) new signings as were not with us or unavailable last season. The only players missing from last season are Diaby and Duran.

Luiz scored a lot of goals from midfield early in the season, and provided assists all season - his goalscoring dried up after Kamara's injury when he moved into a more defensive position and we possibly (I haven't checked these stats) scored less goals from the midfield areas. McGinn, Barkley, Tielemans, Buendia and Ramsey when central, have the ability to make up the numbers in terms of goals and assists. It wouldn't surprise me to see another midfielder come in yet who can replicate some of Luiz's strengths. Overall though there are other areas of the pitch that will need to help in creating chances for the forward players.

I put a matchday squad together right now and I can’t even get Archer, Iling Jr, Philogene or Dobbin on the bench and that’s before Felix and another defender coming in (maybe 2 if we shift Carlos). And when Mings and Kamara return that will be 2 more players pushing 2 out of the match day squad.

We need to loan the likes of Dobbin and KKH out and offload players like Archer, our squad is too big for them especially if we want a couple of new additions to enhance our first 11 which I’m sure most on here would agree we need to do.

13 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

To be honest Luiz was always going to be sold for reasons I’ve continually stated on here. Diaby too if a reasonable offer came in. Neither have been replaced yet but hopefully they will be with better.

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I’m guessing three goals, two assists over the season

We shall see. Fancy him to score against Villa in the first game.

15 minutes ago, striker said:

Over £20M for a player in their 30s is rarely good business IMO

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

Trevor Chalobah for me, right age , physically strong and can play CB or RB which would suit the emery system  and reduce wage/average age

Yeah Chalobah isn’t a bad shout. Still not entirely convinced by him defensively but he’s good enough on the ball for us and versatile. 

Not sure he’s worth £25m though. If they aren’t budging on that rather pay slightly more and get Thiaw as his Newcastle move seems to have gone quiet.

17 minutes ago, striker said:

He’s a very good finisher and a big brute of a striker but at 31 I’m not sure it’s the smartest move. I’d rather young with potential to replace Watkins long term.

West Ham did similar with Ings and now can’t shift him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Over £20M for a player in their 30s is rarely good business IMO

Yep. Classic West Ham if they do so, their main strikers are all over 30, no re-sell value and likely claiming high wages. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If it was anyone else than unai i would be deeply  worried thats for sure!

Just hope baileys knee injury has healed up as that was heavily tapped towards the end of the season.

Lets see we still have another 4 weeks and we couls see one or two come in. Id be suprised if its more than that

Yep, sure we’ll be in a good place or look “complete” once the window has closed. We’ve done well to offload most of the “cast offs”, not many left now and there are other players we could use for good trading or upgrade on if possible.

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Yep, sure we’ll be in a good place or look “complete” once the window has closed. We’ve done well to offload most of the “cast offs”, not many left now and there are other players we could use for good trading or upgrade on if possible.

Yeah i think the only ones that will be off is either duran/archer carlos and digne/moreno.

Cant see any other departures as i dont think anyone wants dendonker

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Yeah i think the only ones that will be off is either duran/archer carlos and digne/moreno.

Cant see any other departures as i dont think anyone wants dendonker

Probably another loan for the Donk.

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Probably another loan for the Donk.

I bet hw ends up leaving on a free eventually.  When you look at most of gerrards signings they have been generally shite and hard to flog

Edited by Demitri_C

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â