Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Think we’re seeing too many fake links and rumours…

But something like this could work… doubt Palace would be interested though. If anything, Jhon’s antics have probably put more clubs off more than anything…

There must be players out there that have more of an interest in us now considering we’ve qualified for CL.

Edited by Jas10

17 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It’s not a concern, I’m sure Unai has a clear plan.

We had too much of a soft centre, both in midfield and defence. We’ve tinkered with the team or balance now to add some sorely needed physicality and steel.

Those creative and attacking abilities and that load will be shared amongst more players, while we now will be harder to dominate or overcome centrally. Onana is going to help massively and will be developed and improved but we have several options now, unlike last season.

What we have addressed is a lack of options or alternatives…hopefully, we are not hit as hard or so badly affected if a player gets injured or suspended. And maybe we can counter fatigue with some form of rotation and keep players performance levels up, for the most part.

I suspect the next phase of our recruitment is bringing in a few players, if the deals are feasible and reasonable, that make our 11 stronger. More additions like Maatsen and Onana rather than Barkley, Iling-Jr, Philogene for example.

We’ve got to get in a CB or two and I think we will bring in someone who can excel in that 10/CAM/SS position.

Can’t be so sure or confident on RB (we have options, Nedeljkovic could be better than anticipated too) but if we at least bring those two in, I think we’ll be in a really good place. It’s just about adjustment and getting the players to gel then… we have almost a whole month to complete our business.

Thats the issue though we have resolved one problem and created another. From a defensive point of view we look far better. But i have concerns where the goals and creativity is going to come from. Last season a lot of that came from luiz diaby and bailey to help ollie.  2/3 have gone.

I think youri got what 3 goals all last year? Alot is going to be expected of JPB bailey and rodgers i think (pending on more incomings)

JJ we know could probably do the business same with emi but we dont know what the injuries have done to them. So thats a 50/50

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats the issue though we have resolved one problem and created another. From a defensive point of view we look far better. But i have concerns where the goals and creativity is going to come from. Last season a lot of that came from luiz diaby and bailey to help ollie.  2/3 have gone.

I think youri got what 3 goals all last year? Alot is going to be expected of JPB bailey and rodgers i think (pending on more incomings)

JJ we know could probably do the business same with emi but we dont know what the injuries have done to them. So thats a 50/50

We have a few players that can contribute… just got to trust in Unai who is more aware than any of us are and knows exactly what we need. Encouraging signs from Buendia, Rogers could improve further… wait and see on the others. We need JJ to be over his injury issues. Bailey will be even better I think… Ollie also. Youri is very good at that part of the game. We do have some creative players. 

It’s up to Monchi now…

Edited by Jas10

16 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I don't rate Diego Carlos but if he does go we will need 2 new defenders. 

I'm quite happy for that to happen but I want the players to come in before Carlos is sold, I want them to be a few years younger than Carlos, and I want them to be better than him.

So far no links to any defenders of note and Felix has gone quiet again. The Lukaku link is bizarre, he'd be a fantastic sub option for us but I don't think there's any chance he'd accept that role. 

I’m jealous that Arsenal got Calafiori… can we bring that kind of quality in? 

Really struggle to think of names…

15 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Think we’re seeing too many fake links and rumours…

But something like this could work… doubt Palace would be interested though. If anything, Jhon’s antics have probably put more clubs off more than anything…

There must be players out there that have more of an interest in us now considering we’ve qualified for CL.

£40m for Mateta is wild 🤣

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

£40m for Mateta is wild 🤣

It’s hilarious - I think some fan accounts have made up numbers to invent transfers. Swapping Jhon for Mateta would be a terrible downgrade. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We have a few players that can contribute… just got to trust in Unai who is more aware than any of us are and knows exactly what we need. Encouraging signs from Buendia, Rogers could improve further… wait and see on the others. We need JJ to be over his injury issues. Bailey will be even better I think… Ollie also. Youri is very good at that part of the game. We do have some creative players. 

It’s up to Monchi now…

If it was anyone else than unai i would be deeply  worried thats for sure!

Just hope baileys knee injury has healed up as that was heavily tapped towards the end of the season.

Lets see we still have another 4 weeks and we couls see one or two come in. Id be suprised if its more than that

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It’s hilarious - I think some fan accounts have made up numbers to invent transfers. Swapping Jhon for Mateta would be a terrible downgrade. 

Exactly, who thinks we have £40m for a 27 year old back up with little to no resale value?!

Your pessimism when it comes to links does wind me up but its not completely unfounded 🤣 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â