Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

21 minutes ago, sne said:

Italian gossips claiming we've agreed to sign Lukaku but he's holding out for a move to Napoli :crylaugh:

I saw this too.... I just don't buy it!!

• Like 1

Mings coming back is great news and half solves the problem we have at the back, I still think we need one there though and if Carlos to Seville has any basis in truth, then two.

I think beyond that the priority will be making sure we get a replacement lined up for when Duran goes, if we wait until the end of the window and end up without one, we'll be in trouble - if this pre-season has taught us anything, it's taught us we can't play without a proper centre forward. 

Once those two are done, if Unai has a player he'd really like (like Felix) and we can get them, then fair enough - we're fine for cover there with all the attacking midfielders we've signed/got, but if Unai sees an opportunity to add something special then I'm all for it.

CB and CF are necessities though and I think we need to be moving quickly on them.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

Sorry, but no way £42m was Luizez true market value. For whatever reason (people argue about what they were) he went well below his market value, if you compare him to similar quality players they are valued at over £60m

The Premier League (And Saudi) skew player valuations. We could have got 60m for Luiz easily, but that would mean strengthening a Premier League Team. No on in Europe would pay 60mill+

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Mings is back in September and will take a couple of months to get match fitness. Still need a replacement for me.

He will almost certainly suffer from other niggling injuries when he comes back, always happens after a long layoff.

CB is a huge priority in my opinion. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

Italian gossips claiming we've agreed to sign Lukaku but he's holding out for a move to Napoli :crylaugh:

yeah - move makes no sense

imagine the wages for a start

1 hour ago, sne said:

The funniest part of that article is that we are “trying to steal him away” from Napoli. Funniest nonsense rumour of the summer, I will give them that. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

The funniest part of that article is that we are “trying to steal him away” from Napoli. Funniest nonsense rumour of the summer, I will give them that. 

31 years old on £325k/w and we are trying to sign him to be a rotation option :D 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RichW said:

If Villa really wanted Hermoso he would have signed by now. I'd assume Villa have just moved on from him. 

Unless he's our back-up if we can't get our first choice.

1 hour ago, sne said:

I actually don't know why Lukaku gets so much shit from everyone and is a meme lol. I actually think he's a useful striker 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

If you believe Emery from the post match he views the centre half position as fully stocked with Mings supposedly close to a return to full training. It also implies he isn't looking to ship out the likes of Carlos so maybe we aren't looking to add a centre back.

That being said, last night you had Onana, Dendoncker and Bogarde all get a run out at centre back, and it wouldn't be the first time Unai has been economic with the truth. After all he said in May we weren't looking to bring many players in this summer.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I actually don't know why Lukaku gets so much shit and is a meme lol. I actually think he's a useful striker 

It's the lol factor, perfectly highlighted in the Euro's. He scored 100 goals, all scratched off due to offside. His main issue is that he's on £325k/w.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RichiBoi11 said:

If you believe Emery from the post match he views the centre half position as fully stocked with Mings supposedly close to a return to full training. It also implies he isn't looking to ship out the likes of Carlos so maybe we aren't looking to add a centre back.

That being said, last night you had Onana, Dendoncker and Bogarde all get a run out at centre back, and it wouldn't be the first time Unai has been economic with the truth. After all he said in May we weren't looking to bring many players in this summer.

Real worry for me is that neither Carlos nor Mings will be back to pre injury ability ever again.

Just now, sne said:

Real worry for me is that neither Carlos nor Mings will be back to pre injury ability ever again.

Yeah that concerns me too. Theyre both players you'd love to have as options at 100%, but you have to wonder if they will be.

• Like 1

Just now, thabucks said:

Suspect we will see links to Gonçalves resurface  shortly if we have moved on from Felix …  

Sawiris loves him 

We still haven't replaced Doug/Diaby's output from last season in terms of goals and assists.

6 Clean Sheets and 60+ goals conceded but we haven't upgraded at CB/RB.

Having quantity is all well and good but lacking quality and if the mission is to stay in the CL places i don't see it happening.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

We still haven't replaced Doug/Diaby's output from last season in terms of goals and assists.

6 Clean Sheets and 60+ goals conceded but we haven't upgraded at CB/RB.

Having quantity is all well and good but lacking quality and if the mission is to stay in the CL places i don't see it happening.

Rogers, Ramsey. Buendia and whatever player we sign instead of Joao Felix will replace the goals and assists from those two.

We can't sign a CB or RB unless Carlos or Cash leaves.

Just now, duke313 said:

Rogers, Ramsey. Buendia and whatever player we sign instead of Joao Felix will replace the goals and assists from those two.

We can't sign a CB or RB unless Carlos or Cash leaves.

Ramsey is always injured, Buendia might not be the same player.

I'm not convinced.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â