Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

This might get some flak, but we've only signed one player I am confident of performing and that is Onana.

Edited by Mr_Dogg

22 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

This might get some flak, but we've only signed one player I am confident of performing and that is Onana.

And Maatsen for me. The rest are young players and its wait and see with them.  Enzo looks good to. We need some proven quality now. CB is a problem, RB is Kosta good to start , Diaby replacement.

6 hours ago, Anything11 said:

No signings in a minute and we have started the "we suck" train.

Like clockwork.

No surprise though. People love to be miserable. 

As most rational fans will see, plenty of time left in the window and its clear that we are working on things. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Xela said:

As most rational fans will see, plenty of time left in the window and its clear that we are working on things. 

Not sure about this.

Again, we see this every season too. People concerned about certain things in pre-season and posters responding with ‘PeOPle oVErReaCTiNg’ and this claim that people are ‘mIsErAblE’. 

I don’t see anyone miserable, nor do I see anybody acting irrationally on here. Most people are just having a discussion about areas where the squad needs clear improvement and speculating on how we may fare next season if X happens or if Y happens.

Posting ‘people love to be miserable on here’ is just as daft as posting ‘we’re going to be sh*t next year’. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Not sure about this.

Again, we see this every season too. People concerned about certain things in pre-season and posters responding with ‘PeOPle oVErReaCTiNg’ and this claim that people are ‘mIsErAblE’. 

I don’t see anyone miserable, nor do I see anybody acting irrationally on here. Most people are just having a discussion about areas where the squad needs clear improvement and speculating on how we may fare next season if X happens or if Y happens.

Posting ‘people love to be miserable on here’ is just as daft as posting ‘we’re going to be sh*t next year’. 

You only have to look back at the last couple of pages to see the misery/negativity in peoples posts.

Maybe they are just 'glass half empty types' like my Dad, always seeing the downside in things. For me, we have the best manager and best squad in my lifetime as a fan, plus plenty more time to make it even better.

I'm positively ecstatic and quivering with excitement about the club!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

You only have to look back at the last couple of pages to see the misery/negativity in peoples posts.

Maybe they are just 'glass half empty types' like my Dad, always seeing the downside in things. For me, we have the best manager and best squad in my lifetime as a fan, plus plenty more time to make it even better.

Wait until the draw and we get some massive teams and the concept of just having some fun in the CL is floated about...

"We have to get out of the group"

"Emery won't want to have fun, he'll want to win it"

Just ride the wave and see where we go

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Xela said:

Is it clear we’re working on things re a new CB? Links have dried up and squad is pretty full. I really hope we are.

Fixing defence is the clear priority, imo. Don’t know why we haven’t signed Hermoso yet, but as cover/rotation for Pau it seems like a no brainer.  If we can shift and replace Carlos then we need to, he’s nowhere near good enough. Diaby replacement next priority, and then Duran if he goes.

Still lots to be done. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Awol said:

Fixing defence is the clear priority, imo. Don’t know why we haven’t signed Hermoso yet, but as cover/rotation for Pau it seems like a no brainer.  If we can shift and replace Carlos then we need to, he’s nowhere near good enough. Diaby replacement next priority, and then Duran if he goes.

Still lots to be done. 

If Villa really wanted Hermoso he would have signed by now. I'd assume Villa have just moved on from him. 

24 minutes ago, Xela said:

Very black and white way of looking at things.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, villa89 said:

Yes but we don't know what the true market value of the two players we got in exchange was either. It's likely the deal was structured to suit both teams and lower their tax bill. So in reality we got a good deal for him regardless of what number is reported in the media. 

its hard to believe we were the ones that approach Juve and suggested those two players. Of course no one knows but the fee for Luiz feels very low and in all likelyhood is driven by the PSR deadline. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, est1874 said:

We need to buy a **** goalkeeper.

Very few will want to come to sit on the bench though. That’s just the nature of having the best in the world in Dibu. 

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Very few will want to come to sit on the bench though. That’s just the nature of having the best in the world in Dibu. 

Whilst this is true I still think we could easily pick up a keeper willing to play Olsen's role in the squad, but who's far superior to him. We wouldn't be able to attract a top keeper, but we don't need that, just a competent one to step in from time to time.

• Like 1

I thought the claret and blue podcast this week set it out well, feels like a lot of business has been done but the relaity is only the Onana, Matsaan, Barkley and maybe Philogene buys are the for now first team competition and the others are either future PSR pawns (Archer/Dobbin) or will be integrated as per Youri last year later in the season (Iling/Enzo)

Really does feel with whats gone out the next couple of players in have to be first team ready players

I think 2 more signings are important. A CB/RB and a 10/Shadow Striker.

Outside of that a striker if we shift out duran + archer and maybe a GK if we shipped out olsen and loaned out gauci. I think we going to be stuck with olsen though.

52 minutes ago, RichW said:

If Villa really wanted Hermoso he would have signed by now. I'd assume Villa have just moved on from him. 

Just watched the post match with Unai and he said Mings is close to coming back (journo asked a question about squad depth at CB). Not news I was expecting to hear tbh, but explains why we didn’t go for Hermoso. 

As it stands, I only see a no 10 coming in. The simple facts are that we need to move players on before replacing them e.g. Carlos, Duran. We can’t stockpile numerous players due to registration rules predominantly but also our wage bill. With UE referencing Mings returning in Sept I can only see a Diaby replacement coming in…….unless others move on. The hardest thing in squad building is moving on the unwanted, not purchasing the wanted. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â