Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

4 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

If Unai is looking for a player who can unlock a defence or win a free kick in a dangerous area… 

You couldn’t go to far wrong with bringing Grealish back, make him the maverick he used to be, would be beautiful to see with this team. 

Do we think Pep killed that forever though. What a waste of money to try and make Jack conform to a certain way of playing. Gave up his wildcard wow factor...

Well, I guess at least the boy got 300 grand a wik to spend on air gel.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Do we think Pep killed that forever though. What a waste of money to try and make Jack conform to a certain way of playing. Gave up his wildcard wow factor...

Well, I guess at least the boy got 300 grand a wik to spend on air gel.

And 3 league titles. And a champions league trophy. And a FA Cup.

I think we have also stronger in midfield. We will miss the elegance of Luiz but I feel as though Onana will boss the game box to box

upfront we have lost Diaby but Ramsey and Buendia coming back negates that loss.

However I do feel we need to replace Duran and sign a CB and possibly another RB

3 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

Sorry, but no way £42m was Luizez true market value. For whatever reason (people argue about what they were) he went well below his market value, if you compare him to similar quality players they are valued at over £60m

Yes but we don't know what the true market value of the two players we got in exchange was either. It's likely the deal was structured to suit both teams and lower their tax bill. So in reality we got a good deal for him regardless of what number is reported in the media. 

• Like 2

We’re up shit creek without a paddle if Walkins gets injured.  We were so lucky last year that he didn’t.  Archer is nowhere near a CL level striker 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Amazingly, I still don’t feel as though we have strengthened our starting 11… we have, however, added squad depth. LB is the only area where we MIGHT have improved, but I need more convincing. 

Don't think many of the teams around us in the top 8 have really strengthened tho right?  

30 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Amazingly, I still don’t feel as though we have strengthened our starting 11… we have, however, added squad depth. LB is the only area where we MIGHT have improved, but I need more convincing. 

I personally dont think we have strengthened in a offensive sense at all. If anything i think we look weaker as it currently stands. Im hoping for a couple others coming in in those areas

14 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

We’re up shit creek without a paddle if Walkins gets injured.  We were so lucky last year that he didn’t.  Archer is nowhere near a CL level striker 

Whilst I agree with you on all points currently, Ollie was not near a CL level striker before Unai came in and refined him.

I don't think Cam has anywhere near Ollie's range of ability or the same ceiling, but I do think Emery can improve him a lot. 

I would prefer to see us sign another striker and I imagine we are trying, but if it doesn't happen, let Unai cook...

• Like 2

Definitely short up front. I don’t want us to keep Durán. His character isn’t right for us. We need someone that is capable of coming on, but also isn’t going to sulk when on the bench. What about someone like Weghorst?  

I keeping thinking we are weak behind the striker as well, but then I forget we have Buendia… 

Then we need another CB. 

Who have we got that can play wide right, other than Bailey? 

Edited by Tayls

5 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Definitely short up front. I don’t want us to keep Durán. His character isn’t right for us. We need someone that is capable of coming on, but also isn’t going to sulk when on the bench. What about someone like Weghorst?  

I keeping thinking we are weak behind the striker as well, but then I forget we have Buendia… 

Then we need another CB. 

Jaden can play right and left.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Then we need another CB. 

Weghorst is capable of coming on and may not sulk when on the bench but he is, unfortunately, rubbish. Rogers would do a better job.

A 9/10 hybrid is what we need.

We do definitely need another CB, who that should be I have no ideas.

Doesn't Jaden play wide right?

• Like 1

I think for wide areas we’re sorted. Not sure about Iling and Buendia chances for minutes as well. So adding there won’t be a priority. Bailey, Ramsey, Rogers, McGinn, Tielemans, Jaden, Iling, Buendia. They all play in limited positions (gladly every 2-3 have different attributes).  
As we don’t play really wide player (usually one to start a game), I think Jaden and Iling are good covers. However getting Felix for example give us another Rogers with different style. They will be the main players to rotate at their positions. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Let's hypothetically bring back Douglas Luiz, remove all the players we Signed, then say he got injured, suspended or lost form 

Would you get it then?

Sorry but anyone trying to push a narrative we are weaker has Douglas is Pele syndrome.

The UNIT is much stronger.

🤦🏽‍♂️

We have replaced Luiz…. But have we replaced him with a better player? Have we replaced any of the individual starting 11 with a better player - arguably, no. Yes the squad is stronger overall, because we have depth, but I don’t think our quality has improved. I don’t know if Onana is a better player than Luiz, I don’t know if Maatsen is better than Digne/Moreno…

Edited by Tayls

I think Watkins and Martinez staying injury free for most of the season is absolutely key to any decent cup run and top six finish. We just don’t have the quality to cope at present if either are missing for a prolonged period. However, we must be wanting another CB before the window slams shut. Starting the season with only three fit CB’s is very risky, perhaps even careless. I don’t think we will though but could be close to deadline day perhaps.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â