Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

24 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Almost always a judgment on his binge drinking.  None of us really know whether it has any real effect on his performance.  He looks in decent enough condition to me, I suspect his lacklustre (if you can really call it that) time at City is largely a tactical thing.  I'd definitely take him on loan.

None of us know, but there aren't many players who are binge drinkers and still at the top level in their 30s. It's certainly more likely than not that it will come back to bite him in the next few years if he doesn't calm down.

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

What the hell.  I assume this is really old news that has somehow resurfaced?

I think it’s highlighting the fact that A.Madrid have agreed a €40m for him now and the disparity.

26 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Yikes

i do not believe for one second, that we had agreed in any way to pay £57m for Gallagher, with one year left on his contract.

what a load of tosh.

• Like 4

Just now, MaVilla said:

i do not believe for one second, that we had agreed in any way to pay £57m for Gallagher, with one year left on his contract.

what a load of tosh.

I agree, nothing from Monchi’s dealings so far suggest we’d massively overpay like that

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

what a load of tosh.

Unless they agreed to pay mega money for Duran too and later backed out? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

what a load of tosh.

I reckon it was a PSR dodgy as we’d sell them a player overinflated so that’s why I wouldn’t dismiss it so quickly just Conor screwed it up by not wanting to come to us.  Maybe that was the Conor/Duran swap (separate deals for PSR) that was speculated so much but didn’t happen.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ender4 said:

What the hell.  I assume this is really old news that has somehow resurfaced?

It's resurfaced because Atletico are about to sign him for significantly less - around £35m.

22 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

what a load of tosh.

Couldn't it just mean that's what Chelsea were demanding? not that we were anywhere near matching it

3 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Couldn't it just mean that's what Chelsea were demanding? not that we were anywhere near matching it

We were trying to cook the books for PSR. 

3 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

So:

Villa - how much for Gallagher?
Chelsea - £57m
Villa - OK, ta'ra

More like: “We give you £57m for Gallagher and you give us £45m for Duran and both our PSR issues are solved for another season”

• Like 1

If Unai is looking for a player who can unlock a defence or win a free kick in a dangerous area… 

You couldn’t go to far wrong with bringing Grealish back, make him the maverick he used to be, would be beautiful to see with this team. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â