Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

I predict 5 outgoings (including loans) and 2 incoming. 

The outgoings will be Moreno, Hause, Dendoncker and Archer all on loan, and Duran sold.  

The incoming will be an attacking player of some sort to cover either Diaby or Durans outgoings. There will also be an incoming loan to shore up a more defensive area. 

Won't be enough. If Duran is sold to West Ham and that may be doubtful now as they are looking at Fullkrug then Villa would need to replace him as you can't go into a CL season with Archer as backup.

Villa also need a dominant CB in the air while RB could also do with strengthening. Diaby hasn't been replaced either.

Need at least 3 quality players in or Villa's journey in the CL will be a short one.

On the Luiz dealing, he probably went for at or about his market value  - not being English or next level knocked 10m off the fee you'd like to see. Arsenal were in for 25m when we needed him badly. He's a good baller but had probably reached his own peak with us. Serie A is perfect for him in truth. I really liked him but couldnt see an additional gear for the next leap we're looking to take. True though that he had Unai's ear throughout games and was his go to guy, but that'll turn to McGinn.

Navigating PSR at that time was a bit of a masterstroke by Monchi.

Unproven, to us talent in, strengthened midfield. Sure no direct replacement for Luiz bit that's purely based on what we have seen to date. Maybe we're not looking to replace directly because the shape is about to shift.

3 hours ago, villa82 said:

Then you misunderstood me. I think Onana strengthens the team, now that Luiz and Kamara are out. Maatsen I hope will strengthen the team, but a lot of money in a position where we had double coverage before. I also much rather have Buendia than Zaniolo, but overall rather have Zaniolo, Digne, Luiz and Kamara than Buendia, Ramsey, Maatsen and Onana, which was the starting point for the discussion. 

Neither Digne or Moreno can play the attacking left back role that Emery wants. Zaniolo did very little to make a permanent move worthwhile. Ramsey has a much higher ceiling. Luiz wanted to go to Juve. Onana is the defensive unit we need in midfield. 

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Been contemplating creating a poll who people think will be our best signing. Can you add to already created poll if another player is bought. Anyway I think Maatsen might be our best signing. Could be wishful thinking

Barkley for me. Certainly in terms of value for money. He should have been in the England squad in the summer.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Teamtalk think we are trying to re sign grealish on loan

Might he actually be great in the Felix role? If Guardiola is finished borrowing him then it's only normal to return him. 

Edited by Rolta

13 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Grealish- just no. Has had a poor season and is about to turn 29 for someone who doesn't really look after himself. I'd rather keep the memories and the 100 mil and move on.

The fact it's from Teamtalk makes me think there's nothing in this link anyway, but I just have to question where the notion that he doesn't look after himself has come from?

Just now, RichiBoi11 said:

The fact it's from Teamtalk makes me think there's nothing in this link anyway, but I just have to question where the notion that he doesn't look after himself has come from?

Almost always a judgment on his binge drinking.  None of us really know whether it has any real effect on his performance.  He looks in decent enough condition to me, I suspect his lacklustre (if you can really call it that) time at City is largely a tactical thing.  I'd definitely take him on loan.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Er all of the pictures from numerous night outs looking sh*tfaced? Eventually, that is going to take its toll on a professional sportsperson when you move into your 30s. You never saw James Milner giving it large did you.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Er all of the pictures from numerous night outs looking sh*tfaced? Eventually, that is going to take its toll on a professional sportsperson when you move into your 30s. You never saw James Milner giving it large did you.

James Milner has never touched a drop of alcohol in his life so it's hardly a fair comparison 😂 Plus Grealish isn't exactly on the level of a Gazza or a George Best is he. Who cares if he gets trollied on his 2 weeks off a year, there's no evidence he's not on it for the other 50 weeks.

Edited by RichiBoi11
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Grealish- just no. Has had a poor season and is about to turn 29 for someone who doesn't really look after himself. I'd rather keep the memories and the 100 mil and move on.

he's spent the summer getting fit and looks quite sharp in their pre season (so far) 

Prem wise he has more pedigree than Felix  so if we could have him on loan keep some cash and not have to sell someone next season then i think it would be worth considering 

not that I think  there is an ounce of truth in it though 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

James Milner has never touched a drop of alcohol in his life so it's hardly a fair comparison 😂 Plus Grealish isn't exactly on the level of a Gazza or a George Best is he. Who cares if he gets trollied on his 2 weeks off a year, there's no evidence he's not on it for the other 50 weeks.

I am not saying it is but it is all marginal gains and as if you get older the more you look after yourself the more likely you can play at the highest level for longer.

59 minutes ago, ccfcman said:

On the Luiz dealing, he probably went for at or about his market value  - not being English or next level knocked 10m off the fee you'd like to see. Arsenal were in for 25m when we needed him badly. He's a good baller but had probably reached his own peak with us. Serie A is perfect for him in truth. I really liked him but couldnt see an additional gear for the next leap we're looking to take. True though that he had Unai's ear throughout games and was his go to guy, but that'll turn to McGinn.

Navigating PSR at that time was a bit of a masterstroke by Monchi.

Unproven, to us talent in, strengthened midfield. Sure no direct replacement for Luiz bit that's purely based on what we have seen to date. Maybe we're not looking to replace directly because the shape is about to shift.

Sorry, but no way £42m was Luizez true market value. For whatever reason (people argue about what they were) he went well below his market value, if you compare him to similar quality players they are valued at over £60m

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Czarnikjak said:

Sorry, but no way £42m was Luizez true market value. For whatever reason (people argue about what they were) he went well below his market value, if you compare him to similar quality players they are valued at over £60m

who knows, maybe 1 or more PL clubs were trying to low ball us and do the dirty as they knew our FFP situation, so we went to Juve and got a couple of players out of the deal or something.

Or, maybe no PL clubs were interested early in the window, and we couldnt wait and had to pull the trigger however we could manage.

15 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am not saying it is but it is all marginal gains and as if you get older the more you look after yourself the more likely you can play at the highest level for longer.

I completely agree with that, but I really don't think that has any bearing on a guy who's model professional for the entire on season. If he was acting like Dunne and Collins did back in the day I'd think it's more of an issue, but for Grealish his paper shins are more likely to curtail his career than his end of season benders. I think it's all irrelveant anyway, as the source linking us to him are below Z list. If the link came from anywhere credible though I wouldn't be opposed to it, or it could even be used to strengthen negotiations with Atletico for Felix.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â