Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

7 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I think the money involved and the complexities surrounding any deal are vast, plus I’m not entirely convinced we are his first choice of team to play for. I have many doubts! I THINK I want it to happen, but I’m not convinced it will. 

There's been alot of crap spouted out so hard to really know, but It generally looks like Felix wants to come here, we want him and AM want to sell him. However we are currently no where near a deal with AM. I think there will be eventually an agreement.

João Felix Enthusiast think it's best place for him to come

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I think a centre half is more critical even though we've been linked with some very good RBs.

The best option for us is a big scary shitbag at CB next to the mostly excellent but soft as baby talc Torres, with Konsa at RB.

Not a lump that can't play, those days are gone at Villa. But someone who defends like a bull alongside the silky matadors of Pau and Ezri. Diego Carlos with more of a brain would be good actually.

Yeah, as much as the likes of Kayode are highly-rated I don't really get signing a young RB in that mould when Nedeljkovic is already there alongside the more senior options. Feels like something Chelsea would do but nobody else.

In terms of numbers alone, CB is the only part of the squad right now that actually feels like it needs an addition. Mings doesn't look like he'll be back any time in the immediate future, which leaves just Konsa, Torres and Carlos, and the former may be used at right back occasionally while the latter pair haven't been without injuries themselves. It's a bit threadbare as it stands given the season ahead so seems a no-brainer to address.

• Like 1

On 10/07/2024 at 23:32, MotoMkali said:

We absolutely do need another CM.

Unless emery believes Ramsey+ Mcginn are suitable cover. Ramsey maybe is, but I don't believe mcginn is.

You feel like we don't but only because Luiz was an absolute iron man who only every missed games through suspension. Almost our entire champions league campaign, as well as carabao and half the Premier league season will be over before Kamara is ready to start.

We will be relying on Barkley, Tielemans and Enzo as our entire midfield basically. All it would take is Tielemans to be out for 6 weeks and that's us not getting out of the league stage of the champions league and us being adrift of the champions league too. At minimum we need one more CM. Ideally one with size and physicality and ball playing skills

Time has proven that you were right 😂 My consensus is that we were already stacked with options but Onana is definitely an excellent addition to our squad! Looking forward to how Emery plans to use this squad. We have top quality players in every position now! If we get Felix in we can rival any other top four challengers for sure.

12 minutes ago, Shay said:

Time has proven that you were right 😂 My consensus is that we were already stacked with options but Onana is definitely an excellent addition to our squad! Looking forward to how Emery plans to use this squad. We have top quality players in every position now! If we get Felix in we can rival any other top four challengers for sure.

I wouldn't say it was a Given, Shay 😏

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I think a centre half is more critical even though we've been linked with some very good RBs.

The best option for us is a big scary shitbag at CB next to the mostly excellent but soft as baby talc Torres, with Konsa at RB.

Not a lump that can't play, those days are gone at Villa. But someone who defends like a bull alongside the silky matadors of Pau and Ezri. Diego Carlos with more of a brain would be good actually.

How good would have Digne Pau Mings and Konsa been as a team last season. The back 3 in possession is perfectly balanced skill set. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Interesting. I had only assumed this would happen if Cash left. We’ve still got Matty, Kosta and Kaine. I don’t see that changing unless Cash departs. 

As much as I would love us to sign Joao Felix, I really hope that we are looking at a CB as a priority.

Defensively we weren’t amazing at times and I’m not sure a Torres / Diego Carlos CB pairing is the answer.

• Like 1

It looks like we have a bigger squad than last season but it is still a bit up in the air if it is actually any better. I think we do need a extra bit of quality in the side, which costs a lot and involves very complicated transfer negotiations. Still plenty of time.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It looks like we have a bigger squad than last season but it is still a bit up in the air if it is actually any better. I think we do need a extra bit of quality in the side, which costs a lot and involves very complicated transfer negotiations. Still plenty of time.

Maatsen and Onana, with Ramsey and Buendia coming back is an improvement.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

We have quantity but missing quality.

CB/RB is an issue for me not convinced by Carlos, radio silence from the club re: Mings and Cash needs upgrading.

We kept like 6 clean sheets all season last year and conceded 60+ goals.

Edited by AshVilla

I guess were all focusing on the Felix/Duran rumours at the moment but I am concerned that we are not really being linked with any centre backs. As it stands we are going into West Ham and Arsenal with most likely Torres and Carlos starting CB with Konsa being RB. Konsa is likely not to have much of a pre-season and Carlos gets injured often. 

I don't see Mings being back for a good while yet. Was hoping we could shift Carlos this summer but doesn't seem to be much interest out there. I guess there is still plenty of time in the transfer window yet. 

13 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

We have quantity but missing quality.

CB/RB is an issue for me not convinced by Carlos, radio silence from the club re: Mings and Cash needs upgrading.

We kept like 6 clean sheets all season last year and conceded 60+ goals.

We may need another loan to cover Mings, someone suggested Lenglet back which would do as cover.  Carlos can only be replaced if he is sold, and can only be sold if someone wants him, same for Cash.  Onana should help our defence considerably.

I think it's more important we sign a CB than it is another attacker. 

We leaked a lot of goals last season and if Pau or Konsa get injured we are stuffed. 

It's difficult though as we looked crap defending set pieces last season, so you'd think we need an aerial dominance in there. 

But playing such a risky high line, would it make more sense to sign a CB with more pace? 

Either way, I'm hoping this is an area that is high priority. 

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Maatsen and Onana, with Ramsey and Buendia coming back is an improvement.

I would rather have Digne, Kamara, Luiz and Zaniolo. would rather have our first 11 last season than the one we currently have now. We have better coverage now, and we still have Kamara, so maybe it's not fair to mention him. 

Of all our purchases so far, only Onana is an important improvement. Maatsen replaces one of our strongest positions. I don't see the need for Illing, the same can perhaps be said about Jaden, if we also bring in Felix. Except that we can make money from them by selling them. Barkley is ok, Enzo also seems to be a good buy. But we have spent over 70 million on Maatsen, Gobbin, Illing, Jaden without much need for them, if we don't sell Digne/Moreno. Our squad is too big as it is, need to sell and only buy players who strengthen the first team.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We have a lot of attacking depth but a lot of young, unproven players or players coming back from long term injuries. The only players I trust to deliver consistent attacking returns for us next season are Bailey and Watkins.

Rogers could be the new Palmer but early days as we’re only judging off 11 games last season (and even then 3 goals and 1 assist is not on the level of consistency as Bailey/Watkins). We’ve lost a lot of attacking output from Diaby and Luiz and I’m far from convinced we have replaced them even if we sign Felix. Duran is also going to leave who is a wildcard sub option and someone we can lump the ball up to if we need a goal. 

We also still need a defender, everyone knows that. Three fit centre backs currently and one is probably going to play right back. It’s a bad position to be in and I for one don’t want Lenglet back.

Still work to do and season starts in 2 and a half weeks. I’d certainly be fearful going into the new season as we are right now.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â