Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, PeterSw said:

Would anyone be opposed to us actually resigning Lenglet on another loan deal? Say a season-long deal with the option to terminate in January depending on how Mings is getting on with his fitness?

I think a lot on here would say no but I think we could do far worse than him as a backup on the left, especially as cover until Mings hopefully returns 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Talksport seem confident it’s legit re Kalvin Phillips, loan deal.

Really hope this doesn’t happen, him and Felix coming in would concern me greatly but what do I know.

the same as all of us.

31 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Onana has allayed all the concern there imo. We finally have power and presence in midfield.

Agree, but considering we were linked to Gallagher early in the window, im glad the stars aligned and  we signed Onana. 

• Like 1

Just now, QldVilla said:

Agree, but considering we were linked to Gallagher early in the window, im glad the stars aligned and  we signed Onana. 

I agree too 😆

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Would anyone be opposed to us actually resigning Lenglet on another loan deal? Say a season-long deal with the option to terminate in January depending on how Mings is getting on with his fitness?

At the moment i wouldnt want to sign him. Would like to sign someone who could potentially start. but if he is still an option later in window and we haven't found anyone then would be alright on loan again.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

We probably could've bought him for relatively little money. I think the fact that we haven't, nor tried to extend his loan means we're going for someone better.

It's interesting - because dependent on Konsa, I'm not sure if we need a back up left sided centre back or a starting right sided centre back who is aerially dominant, or both.

Who's out there?

1 hour ago, RichiBoi11 said:

I think a lot on here would say no but I think we could do far worse than him as a backup on the left, especially as cover until Mings hopefully returns 

I'd imagine Lenglet wouldn't fancy coming here again anyway especially as a rotation option again. Probably will go somewhere where he knows he will be first choice. 

1 hour ago, PeterSw said:

said this exact thing to a mate earlier. i think it would be sensible if ty is a way off being back

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's interesting - because dependent on Konsa, I'm not sure if we need a back up left sided centre back or a starting right sided centre back who is aerially dominant, or both.

Who's out there?

Whatever the solution is, we need to find it and stop leaking so many goals. As much as I love Pau  Torres and what he brings to the table the back 4 of Young Ezri Mings and Moreno hardly conceded anything the other year when they played together

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

Just now, Follyfoot said:

Whatever the solution is, we need to find it and stop leaking so many goals. As much as I love Pau  Torres and what he brings to the table the back 4 of Young Ezri Mings and Moreno hardly conceded anything the other year when they played together

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

while i agree the personnel is an issue in the defence right now, in that year you are talking about we also played more defensively overall, my point is, the lower goals conceded was likely partly due to personnel as you imply, but it was also partly due to the way we played.

we do need a new CB for sure tho.

Maatsen is nailed on at LB, Pau is nailed on at LCB, if Konsa plays RB, we 100% need the best RCB we can get our hands on.

Getting the midfield 2 right is also important, im not sure if Onana will actually play the no.6?, maybe he will, or they will rotate the 6 if he plays with Tielemans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichiBoi11 said:

Surely we can find someone better. He wasn't the worse I've seen, but he rarely gave one a sense of security. 

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Who's out there?

I think ideally both. But doing that would probably require moving either Carlos or Cash on.

Edited by villan95

2 hours ago, PeterSw said:

depending on how the window goes, I definitely would not be opposed to it. If he is coming here as a backup again it would be fine. But I think we probably need a starter-quality CB signing which Lenglet is not

12 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Not been any strong transfer links other than Felix for a little while?

It has gone quiet. Feels like a few dominoes need to fall for multiple transfers to happen. For our CB need, then it seems like we need a De Ligt, Branthwaite, Thiaw, Kounde, Mosquera etc. type transfer to get the market moving a bit.

In the meantime, the press continually speculate about the same bunch of teams (Chelsea, City, Arsenal, West Ham, Newcastle, Everton & Us)

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â