Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

20 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

The thing with Diego is he probably put in two of the best CB performances last season, was immense at home to Man. City and away to Arsenal. However a week earlier he was passing the ball straight to a Bournemouth player who scored. Also some terrible performances when he was alongside Lenglet.

I'd have no issue hanging onto him for another year with his CL experience, feels similar to Digne last summer when most wanted him to go. That turned out to be a good decision.

Had he not got injured, we could’ve got a strong and regular partnership in Pau and Carlos with Konsa alternating and/or playing on the right. 

He’s not been the same player since that injury, was a top CB in La Liga.

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Dunno why we are giving it any time or air tbh.

If he couldn’t handle the tactical role at ManCity, how is he going to handle a similar level of detail with the Villa?

No way he comes to us.

26 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Talksport seem confident it’s legit re Kalvin Phillips, loan deal.

Really hope this doesn’t happen, him and Felix coming in would concern me greatly but what do I know.

Has his Nan given her approval this time?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Has his Nan given her approval this time?

I think you’ll find she unfortunately passed away.

• Like 1

Just now, QldVilla said:

If he couldn’t handle the tactical role at ManCity, how is he going to handle a similar level of detail with the Villa?

No way he comes to us.

Barely worth discussing really, for a variety of reasons. Not to mention the shit “source”.

Most of all, we are stacked in midfield and have a wage budget to manage, nor are we a rehab centre or need that burden when we are going into a big season after major progress. We are heavy on numbers but maybe lacking in a bit of extra quality or class.

Onana & Tielemans would be our first choice CM pairing I’d imagine. A great blend/mix of attributes and they are already familiar with each other having played for Belgium. Backed up by Barrenechea and Barkley who are good options. Then we have McGinn who can fill in there if needed (hopefully rarely).

Dendoncker’s still knocking about (need to sell asap) and wouldn’t get a look in.

If we were going for another midfielder, it would be someone more akin to a 10, CAM or playmaker. I think the plan is for the player supporting Ollie at SS to take on that kind of responsibility though, with a more solidified midfield base. Onana is going be a major player for us.

Kamara will be back too!

Pleased to see that we now have more defensive options in midfield. It’s more about the creativity and attacking ability we have lost but I do think there will be more onus on the forwards for that now.

If we were ever going to stretch our wage structure, it would be for a top class player (attacker) that would elevate us to the next level or two… a proper CL level player.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Dunno why we are giving it any time or air tbh.

The same reason we give any of the vague, nonsencial rumours time; because it's Monday morning and we're either off work bored or hate our job so much that 4 hours into a new work week we're already looking for distractions. I'm very pleased to have recently transitioned from the latter to the former!

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Barely worth discussing really, for a variety of reasons. Not to mention the shit “source”.

Most of all, we are stacked in midfield and have a wage budget to manage, nor are we a rehab centre or need that burden when we are going into a big season after major progress. We are heavy on numbers but maybe lacking in a bit of extra quality or class.

Onana & Tielemans would be our first choice CM pairing I’d imagine. A great blend/mix of attributes and they are already familiar with each other having played for Belgium. Backed up by Barrenechea and Barkley who are good options. Then we have McGinn who can fill in there if needed (hopefully rarely).

Dendoncker’s still knocking about (need to sell asap) and wouldn’t get a look in.

If we were going for another midfielder, it would be someone more akin to a 10, CAM or playmaker. I think the plan is for the player supporting Ollie at SS to take on that kind of responsibility though, with a more solidified midfield base. Onana is going be a major player for us.

Kamara will be back too!

Pleased to see that we now have more defensive options in midfield. It’s more about the creativity and attacking ability we have lost but I do think there will be more onus on the forwards for that now.

If we were ever going to stretch our wage structure, it would be for a top class player (attacker) that would elevate us to the next level or two… a proper CL level player.

I’m interested to see what Emery does. I thought he may go for a loan in a DM to cover for Kamara, but would be a waste of money and the new kid from Juventus, from what I’ve seen so far may be able to do a job until Kamara returns. He s a little light weight and needs to build up, but should be ok.

Im not sure about Felix, I trust Emery, agree we need to sign quality in the 10 role, do we have the funds to spend the money required?

We don't need another Central Midfielder. Only reason I'd see us bringing in another player there is if Kamara is not expected back until Feb time meaning at least a full year out like Buendia and Mings. 

We need to get Felix deal done and the focus on CB

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I’m interested to see what Emery does. I thought he may go for a loan in a DM to cover for Kamara, but would be a waste of money and the new kid from Juventus, from what I’ve seen so far may be able to do a job until Kamara returns. He s a little light weight and needs to build up, but should be ok.

Im not sure about Felix, I trust Emery, agree we need to sign quality in the 10 role, do we have the funds to spend the money required?

Think we’re in a decent place/position… Dougie sale (as poor/cheap as it appeared. But also depends on the potential value of the players we received) solved the PSR problem before the deadline. Now we’ve sold Diaby, and made a profit, and if the Duran sale goes through - even better.

The signals have indicated that it’s going to be a busy window… I anticipate more sales and more buys.

I’m confident that Unai and Monchi know we need to be in a stronger and better place if, as he has stated, we want to consolidate top 4, be competitive in cups and do well in CL.

Because of the restrictions and rules, we have to wheel and deal rather than freely do what we really want…

Nassef’s comments were interesting and revealing. It’s a game we have to play…

34 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

The same reason we give any of the vague, nonsencial rumours time; because it's Monday morning and we're either off work bored or hate our job so much that 4 hours into a new work week we're already looking for distractions. I'm very pleased to have recently transitioned from the latter to the former!

I kind of just mean a link has to make some sort of sense to be worth considering…

But have at it 😆

35 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Onana has allayed all the concern there imo. We finally have power and presence in midfield.

Would anyone be opposed to us actually resigning Lenglet on another loan deal? Say a season-long deal with the option to terminate in January depending on how Mings is getting on with his fitness?

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â