Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

10 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Add me to that list of posters. It categorically will not happen.

Nor do I as he might be a replacement for Onana at Everton. However, just making the point concerning a few posters on here.

Sergi Roberto makes a lot of sense as he can cover CM/DM & RB and available on a free adding much needed cover and experience. 

• Like 2

We'll spend big on a CB I reckon. Torres' injury left us badly exposed last season. Emery will want a big improvement on Lenglet and he doesn't know when Mings will be back or how good he'll be when he does come back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Talksport just now said we are wanting Kalvin Phillips on loan….Talksport are full of shit.  Why the hell would we want him? Talksport full of BS as usual

Just a possible answer referring to the amount of goals Villa are conceding.

Furthermore I see Emery being referred to the type of manager who can get the best out of players on here.

1 minute ago, striker said:

Just a possible answer referring to the amount of goals Villa are conceding.

Furthermore I see Emery being referred to the type of manager who can get the best out of players on here.

It’s talksport, it’s BS

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I’d be inclined to say that there is little possibility that either Man City or the plsyer concerned is overly keen on doing us any favours. As others have said, Everton is his more likely destination for lots of reasons. I don’t think we need him  now either. His chance to come to us passed a couple of years or more ago but he blew it. He could be one of Southgate’s first signings for Man U. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Need to push for kounde, he will be the difference, covers 2 positions would cost 50 million but would be worth it.

Yes please. He’d start for us at RB and can move inside to cover Konsa if he’s injured or just needs a rest. 

Hermoso I think depends on Mings’ situation, maybe one for late on in the window. 

45 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

It's just a speculative link to accelerate Everton's interest. He'd be eighth choice CM here.

45 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I do wonder if we see Diego improve this season, maybe he can get over his physical issues and traces of his injury (holding him back?). Does Unai have faith in him or do we really want to move him on with his age, injuries and 2 years left on his contract?

A few standout performances last season (in our best results) but he struggled to find consistency and his body wasn’t quite up to the demands…kept picking up knocks/strains and didn’t start many games consecutively, iirc?

The thing with Diego is he probably put in two of the best CB performances last season, was immense at home to Man. City and away to Arsenal. However a week earlier he was passing the ball straight to a Bournemouth player who scored. Also some terrible performances when he was alongside Lenglet.

I'd have no issue hanging onto him for another year with his CL experience, feels similar to Digne last summer when most wanted him to go. That turned out to be a good decision.

• Like 1

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Talksport seem confident it’s legit re Kalvin Phillips, loan deal.

Really hope this doesn’t happen, him and Felix coming in would concern me greatly but what do I know.

I'm listening aswell, it's just some Chelsea fan on today who I doubt is ITK on our dealings.

I reckon Phillips agent is seeing Everton sign players on loan like Harrison and Lindstrom and wanting them to get the Phillips deal wrapped up so that's why our name has been thrown into the mix.

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Talksport seem confident it’s legit re Kalvin Phillips, loan deal.

Really hope this doesn’t happen, him and Felix coming in would concern me greatly but what do I know.

A big no to Phillips..

Phillips is shite.

This was the guy who was complete crap for West Ham and give the fans the middle finger when they called him useless.

No thanks.

Edited by AshVilla

48 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

We'll spend big on a CB I reckon. Torres' injury left us badly exposed last season. Emery will want a big improvement on Lenglet and he doesn't know when Mings will be back or how good he'll be when he does come back.

Difficult to think of names or anyone suitable or attainable… any suggestions?

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

The thing with Diego is he probably put in two of the best CB performances last season, was immense at home to Man. City and away to Arsenal. However a week earlier he was passing the ball straight to a Bournemouth player who scored. Also some terrible performances when he was alongside Lenglet.

I'd have no issue hanging onto him for another year with his CL experience, feels similar to Digne last summer when most wanted him to go. That turned out to be a good decision.

Yeah, like I said, he needs to find some consistency in fitness and form. Unai will be best placed to judge whether he is capable of that.

There’s a good player in there, we’ve seen it, but we can’t afford to pay him those wages unless we can rely on him. Better put to use on a mainstay of our defence who makes us much harder to score against otherwise.

11 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Phillips is shite.

This was the guy who was complete crap for West Ham and give the fans the middle finger when they called him useless.

No thanks.

Dunno why we are giving it any time or air tbh.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â