Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

If we sign Felix next...do we sign anyone else after that?

I hope so, we desperately need defenders!

7 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Probably a Lenglet type loan late in the window but realistically that would be us done as we're stacked in so many positions now.

8 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Still need to replace Diaby and potentially Durán and Diego if the right offers come in. There’s a lot more happening behind the scenes; I’m sure. 

Just now, The_Steve said:

Still need to replace Diaby and potentially Durán and Diego if the right offers come in. There’s a lot more happening behind the scenes; I’m sure. 

Felix would replace Diaby given how often he played as inside forward last year. I could see Cam staying until January now, HG and he can cover on the bench like Duran did.

Diego I think stays given we're one short at the back given Mings is still months away from seriously playing.

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

But every time any link comes up you say it's BS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

One more CB, we don't need any more full backs.

If we can a top level RB in then we should absolutely go for that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Talksport just now said we are wanting Kalvin Phillips on loan….Talksport are full of shit.  Why the hell would we want him? Talksport full of BS as usual

‘Football Insider’ linking him too to a loan deal to Villa and Everton.

As you say probably bull but one or two posters on here would have to eat a rather large portion of humble pie if it did happen. 😂

Everton more likely, to replace Onana.

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

If we can a top level RB in then we should absolutely go for that

Not sure it's a huge priority. Konsa will play a fair bit there again this season against top level CL (you'd certainly want him defending against likes of Vinicus Jr than Cash) and big prem games and he'll do the same job he's done for last 18 months. Cashy still an option for the prem games where we need to get on the front foot and who knows what impact Ned will make as the season goes on, he's one to watch.

Probably something to look at more next summer where we need to refresh it like we've done with the left side this summer.

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Probably a Lenglet type loan late in the window but realistically that would be us done as we're stacked in so many positions now.

Potential problem with that, that’s as good a player as you’re likely to get if not worse. Unless we can find a young or potential star…

Won’t be many quality defenders available on loan and we have to manage our wage budget (more sales will help).

A more lasting solution is required unless we know Mings will be heavily involved this season. A dominant partner for Pau with Konsa alternating or predominantly playing in that RB hybrid role (while Maatsen bombs down the left).

10 minutes ago, striker said:

‘Football Insider’ linking him too to a loan deal to Villa and Everton.

As you say probably bull but one or two posters on here would have to eat a rather large portion of humble pie if it did happen. 😂

Everton more likely, to replace Onana.

Add me to that list of posters. It categorically will not happen.

• Like 1

I do wonder if we see Diego improve this season, maybe he can get over his physical issues and traces of his injury (holding him back?). Does Unai have faith in him or do we really want to move him on with his age, injuries and 2 years left on his contract?

A few standout performances last season (in our best results) but he struggled to find consistency and his body wasn’t quite up to the demands…kept picking up knocks/strains and didn’t start many games consecutively, iirc?

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Add me to that list of posters. It categorically will not happen.

Do not feed the troll.

I highly recommend the ignore feature.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Not enough left back options 👀

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Villa Gaffa said:

I did make this suggestion in the Kamara thread. I could see it working and we might be ok in midfield now with Onana coming in.

As I’ve stated before this is not a season for square pegs in round holes. Villa need a domineering CB who is good in the air to stop conceding from set pieces and a strong defensive RB. Who that CB is no idea but Wan-Bissaka at 10m-15m would be a no brainier for me. Many on here say he’s poor going forward but Villa have plenty going forward already on the flanks.

23 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think it’s a higher priority but reluctant to rule anything out at this point. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Do not feed the troll.

I highly recommend the ignore feature.

Glad you are using it. Saves me the bother.

Also I’m not trolling. Just quoting a link like another poster did.

I’d also suggest you refer to the context of the post rather than any personal vendetta but then again it would be too much to expect.🙄

Edited by striker

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â