Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

19 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Konsa is really good as that RB hybrid. I think Nedeljkovic could be a big surprise too. As it stands, Cash remains as an option and is involved. 

Neither Ezri or Pau are dominant in the air, neither is Carlos. That appears to be what we need to address.

Also, we’ve lost Lenglet and we don’t know the full picture on Mings.

None of the youngsters are ready or good enough to step up yet.

Yeah i agree it could work this way, but it would make us less effective going forward on that right side to link up with Bailey, but thats the sacrifice but essentially this could work, and with heavier rotation theres no reason why Konsa cant also shift to CB in some games depending on opposition. 

Edited by RicRic

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Yeah i agree it could work this way, but it would make us less effective going forward on that right side to link up with Bailey, but thats the sacrifice but essentially this could work, and with heavier rotation theres no reason why Konsa cant also shift to CB in some games depending on opposition. 

Unai favours the left side and we have so many options there (until a few sales happen), Maatsen will be the main man, but if we want to attack on the right we do have Matty and Kosta to do that for us if we wish. I’m happy for us to make as many signings as we can (within reason and financial sense, aided by sales) but there’s only so much we can and should do too.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sne said:

Wouldn't be VT without us suggesting to move a player to a new position because he played there a couple games at youth level 😀

It’s the Steve Bruce effect. We’ve always needed a replacement for Samba 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RicRic said:

I think we get one, Konsa has to be present the majority of the time so we would need to accommodate carefully, difficult one really but understand where you are coming from. 

Konsa has decent speed and is good on the ground. He isn't fast, physically dominant or good in the air.

Ezri and Pau are two of the worst centre backs statistically in the air. 

Buying a top Right back doesn't solve that problem so we must move Ezri to RB and buy a RCB who is atleast above average for aerial duel wins. 

Ezri - - New---Pau---Maatsen could be a top defense. 

Also when we attack Maatsen will be a LM/LW and the remaining 3 will shuffle across and Ezri is an ideal RCB in a 3 man defence. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Buying a top Right back doesn't solve that problem so we must move Ezri to RB and buy a RCB who is atleast above average for aerial duel wins. 

Also when we attack Maatsen will be a LM/LW and the remaining 3 will shuffle across and Ezri is an ideal RCB in a 3 man defence. 

i agree good sir.

27 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Our first choice centre backs have particular talents, if we bring someone in to fill in the blanks then Ezri can be a rotation option he doesn't have to play right back.

3 hours ago, striker said:

Konsa should not be played at FB. He is, and Villa are, much better when played in his best position. It is to the detriment of Villa's defence when shoved out to FB.

Not entirely true. Konsa played at RB in some of our best performances last season, win against City and both wins against Arsenal.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

I agree and thats why i think we have thrown 50m at onana because of his strength in this area.

But we do need a string cb that is great in the air without question as god knows when mings is back

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeadlyDirk said:

There's a plaice for that, this isn't it!!

Your overly obvious humour just isn't funny, lads. In fact, I'd say you're floundering.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

Not all this Rashica codswallop again

Go ahead. You're whale within your rights to complain about it.

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â