Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

CB and 10/ST very much needed.

A dominant CB with aerial ability and pace .... not a lot to ask. Don't ask me who .... as I often say I haven't got a clue, lol.

That's Monchi's job.

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

The least we need…

any suggestions?

Could do with a proper leader/commander back there. 

Very difficult to identify a CB who is aerially dominate but also capable of playing out from the back, as Emery likes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Happy with top 7/8 again tbh and qualifying for Europe but think adding 1-2 more quality starting players would give us more of a chance of consolidating 4th. Don’t rate Chelsea’s window so far, Spurs haven’t done much, neither Newcastle. Although none of those teams sold anyone important unlike us. Man Utd have had a good window and will be better next season.

Spurs managed top 4 four seasons in a row under Poch while spending less than rivals, it can be done, but obviously not easy. 

Right now I’d put us finishing 8th behind Spurs, Newcastle and probably Chelsea. If we sign Felix and a defender, probably 5th which could be another CL campaign.

Dont agree with making an prediction this early to be honest my friend, plenty business still yet to do for all clubs around us and from ourselves, so best to assess this in a few weeks time, with additions like Maatsen and Onana i’m feeling much more confident, the glimpses from these two last night (although a friendly) made me very optimistic that a couple more smart quality additions will have me extremely confident playing the big boys in our league and in Europe, but too early to throw predictions out there. 

• Like 2

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Very difficult to identify a CB who is aerially dominate but also capable of playing out from the back, as Emery likes.

I agree with you. It's what we need but possibly unattainable for us at the moment, even if we are prepared to spend a lot of money.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Had he not got injured (out until next year), I do wonder whether there was anything in that Araujo link/report… and if we would’ve gone in for him.

Yeah, it’s hard to immediately think of anyone (easier to think of 10s 😆)… and most big or progressive clubs want the best possible players for each position. Competition is fierce… maybe you can get ahead with top level scouting and beat the others to a gem but most of those clubs employ top level staff there too.

Hard to know what’s completely made up and isn’t, the Bijol link has gone quiet aswell.

Romano did say we would be very active, fairly recently. Can’t always get deals wrapped up quickly or in good time.

Expecting more sales aswell.

I say it too often now but, CL is a huge step up and we need the quality for it.

Definitely need to become harder to score against.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

Everyone banging on about Enzo being top class is leaving me confused about what we are calling top class and oozing with quality, he has played ok literally just that, he hasn’t showed much dynamics to his game, and i want him to shine more than anyone believe me, that goes for any player but we are definitely getting abit carried away, its clear as day that he doesn’t start for us as of now, Emery will be aware he’s not ready yet.

Illing Jr did a few good things yesterday yet we are saying he probably doesn’t get on the bench, maybe some biases here BUT its pre season and its all about fitness and gelling the players however you still need to make an impression 🤝

Other than a nice assist against Walsall Barkley has not done himself any favours for Emery to rely on him much. 

14 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

A dominant CB with aerial ability and pace .... not a lot to ask. Don't ask me who .... as I often say I haven't got a clue, lol.

That's Monchi's job.

I do wonder who Unai really rates and would like…

We know who he does for the 10 position 👀

But how about CB?

11 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Its gonna be a split decision as to whether we snap up a RB and get Konsa back to CB or shift Konsa to RB, I’d prefer a natural RB, shift Cash and make Kosta the backup 

7 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Dont agree with making an prediction this early to be honest my friend, plenty business still yet to do for all clubs around us and from ourselves, so best to assess this in a few weeks time, with additions like Maatsen and Onana i’m feeling much more confident, the glimpses from these two last night (although a friendly) made me very optimistic that a couple more smart quality additions will have me extremely confident playing the big boys in our league and in Europe, but too early to throw predictions out there. 

No that’s fair mate, still early, I wasn’t being unduly negative either: top 8 three seasons in a row would be a positive given we didn’t finish top 10 for 12 years until Unai came in. I just think all those other teams have good players too and will also be pushing to make progress, it’s a tough league. 

Still very hopeful we will be making more quality additions, the Felix interest is obviously genuine despite some trying to downplay it. I just wish we would have stronger links to top quality defenders because we haven’t really had any.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Everyone banging on about Enzo being top class is leaving me confused about what we are calling top class and oozing with quality, he has played ok literally just that, he hasn’t showed much dynamics to his game, and i want him to shine more than anyone believe me, that goes for any player but we are definitely getting abit carried away, its clear as day that he doesn’t start for us as of now, Emery will be aware he’s not ready yet.

Illing Jr did a few good things yesterday yet we are saying he probably doesn’t get on the bench, maybe some biases here BUT its pre season and its all about fitness and gelling the players however you still need to make an impression 🤝

Other than a nice assist against Walsall Barkley has not done himself any favours for Emery to rely on him much. 

I don’t think anyone is getting carried away, we know it’s very early days. He certainly doesn’t look poor or overly limited. 

Conversely, we shouldn’t be writing off the lad either and most of us don’t know all that much about him or have seen much of him beforehand.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Its gonna be a split decision as to whether we snap up a RB and get Konsa back to CB or shift Konsa to RB, I’d prefer a natural RB, shift Cash and make Kosta the backup 

If it’s a choice between the two, it’s a dominant CB that we need.

We’re seeing how short we are in that area atm, even if we have players yet to return. 

Think we would be ok at RB if we got the right CB in. But we may even do something about that aswell.

Edited by Jas10

Just now, Jas10 said:

I do wonder who Unai really rates and would like…

We know who he does for the 10 position 👀

But how about CB?

If only Amadou Onana had an identical twin .... is there an Onana clone CB version out there?

2 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

If only Amadou Onana had an identical twin .... is there an Onana clone CB version out there?

You’re not suggesting sticking him at CB are you? 😆

1 minute ago, Leeroy said:

No that’s fair mate, still early, I wasn’t being unduly negative either: top 8 three seasons in a row would be a positive given we didn’t finish top 10 for 12 years until Unai came in. I just think all those other teams have good players too and will also be pushing to make progress, it’s a tough league. 

Still very hopeful we will be making more quality additions, the Felix interest is obviously genuine despite some trying to downplay it. I just wish we would have stronger links to top quality defenders because we haven’t really had any.

You make a great point, i think we will see strong moves for defenders very soon, think we were or still trying to recruit for priority positions and then calculate whats best financially and tactically for us, still 2-3 players to come through that door. Felix one is definitely concrete as Sky Sports and Fabrizio are all in on it, i just think its a hard call, hes one of the worlds best talents but needs to be given a platform and show consistency difficult call. 

For all the struggles we have endured this is an achievement for us you are right and we will continue to push for more top 6 finishes.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

If it’s a choice between the two, it’s a dominant CB that we need.

We’re seeing how short we are in that area atm, even if we have players yet to return. 

Think we would be ok at RB if we got the right CB in. But we may even do something about that aswell.

I think we get one, Konsa has to be present the majority of the time so we would need to accommodate carefully, difficult one really but understand where you are coming from. 

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Onana's tackling is superb in the midfield area, but can you imagine it in the penalty area with VAR operated by adjudicators with microscopes!🫣

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Onana's tackling is superb in the midfield area, but can you imagine it in the penalty area with VAR operated by adjudicators with microscopes!🫣

We’ve needed that physicality and presence in midfield for years… used to get overpowered far too easily.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I think we get one, Konsa has to be present the majority of the time so we would need to accommodate carefully, difficult one really but understand where you are coming from. 

Konsa is really good as that RB hybrid. I think Nedeljkovic could be a big surprise too. As it stands, Cash remains as an option and is involved. 

Neither Ezri or Pau are dominant in the air, neither is Carlos. That appears to be what we need to address.

Also, we’ve lost Lenglet and we don’t know the full picture on Mings.

None of the youngsters are ready or good enough to step up yet.

Edited by Jas10

12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Wouldn't be VT without us suggesting to move a player to a new position because he played there a couple games at youth level 😀

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â