Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

8 hours ago, villan95 said:

Need a quality RB/CB 

Aaron Wan-Bissaka is available circa £15m, 

In last year of his contract, Utd paid £50m for him 3 years ago and would be a steal at that price.

Another 6ft'a and rapid as ****, Emery would definitely improve this guy! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Kingman said:

In last year of his contract, Utd paid £50m for him 3 years ago and would be a steal at that price.

Awful on the ball, wouldn’t be able to step into midfield with the ball. Not an Emery signing for me 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Awful on the ball, wouldn’t be able to step into midfield with the ball. Not an Emery signing for me 

Agree, but Emery and his team might be able to work on that? Even Olsen looks less skittish on the ball at times these days.

52 minutes ago, Kingman said:

I’ve always like Wan Bissaka, he’s been left so isolated by the way United play that he’s constantly having to make last ditch tackles and sometime you get them wrong. 

He get forward well but his final ball is often poor.

I don’t see him coming to Villa but I wouldn’t be against it if the fee and wages were right. 

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Utd paid £50m for him 3 years ago and would be a steal at that price.

I had to double check as I thought I'd lost my mind or taken too many drugs in my youth. Manure bought him 6 years ago.

Also he's bang average and people bringing him up on here is getting tedious

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

He’s just not an upgrade on Cash. 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Been a chaotic window so far, lots of ins, lots of outs, couple of upgrades to the first team but also a couple of players you wonder why we signed them (probably for PSR reasons).

Very different to last summer where we clearly added higher quality but lower numbers, though I guess we didn’t have any PSR issues back then.

So far:

• Onana and Maatsen - go straight into the team probably
  • Barkley and Philogene - good squad players, will get minutes
  • Iling Jr, Barrenechea and Dobbin - don’t see where they fit as too many players in front of them gonna be way down the pecking order I’d say.

Barrenechea maybe a bit harsh as he’s probably an upgrade on Donk, but still be behind Onana, Barkley, Tielemans, McGinn and Kamara when he’s fit.

Outs of Luiz, Diaby and Duran all players who contributed in different ways last season. Obviously Luiz biggest loss. Other players sold will have very little impact.

If we add Felix (or equivalent) + potential upgrade on Cash/Carlos then maybe a couple more players to go into the starting lineup. Next couple of weeks will be important.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Been a chaotic window so far, lots of ins, lots of outs, couple of upgrades to the first team but also a couple of players you wonder why we signed them (probably for PSR reasons).

Very different to last summer where we clearly added higher quality but lower numbers, though I guess we didn’t have any PSR issues back then.

Also very different expectations from fans.

I sort of fear us finishing 7th. 

• Like 1

Happy with top 7/8 again tbh and qualifying for Europe but think adding 1-2 more quality starting players would give us more of a chance of consolidating 4th. Don’t rate Chelsea’s window so far, Spurs haven’t done much, neither Newcastle. Although none of those teams sold anyone important unlike us. Man Utd have had a good window and will be better next season.

Spurs managed top 4 four seasons in a row under Poch while spending less than rivals, it can be done, but obviously not easy. 

Right now I’d put us finishing 8th behind Spurs, Newcastle and probably Chelsea. If we sign Felix and a defender, probably 5th which could be another CL campaign.

Sustained Champions league qualification will be NSWE's and Emery's target. Can our accountants and commercial upgrades find a way to do that? I haven't a clue, but I'm sure we'll be busting a gut to achieve this.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Happy with top 7/8 again tbh and qualifying for Europe but think adding 1-2 more quality starting players would give us more of a chance of consolidating 4th. Don’t rate Chelsea’s window so far, Spurs haven’t done much, neither Newcastle. Although none of those teams sold anyone important unlike us. Man Utd have had a good window and will be better next season.

Spurs managed top 4 four seasons in a row under Poch while spending less than rivals, it can be done, but obviously not easy. 

Right now I’d put us finishing 8th behind Spurs, Newcastle and probably Chelsea. If we sign Felix and a defender, probably 5th which could be another CL campaign.

After what you just said about what Spurs, Newcastle and Chelsea, how do you then put us behind them???  Emery’s record since he’s been here is consistent ppg roughly over 18 months so I don’t see where after what you just said about the other teams they then jump above us.

we also have Buendia and JJ back after not seeing them last season really. I still think we are very much in the CL placing battle.  If we end up 8th then so be it but at the moment we are just as much in the top 4 race as we were last season imo.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

Just now, nick76 said:

After heat you just said about what Spurs, Newcastle and Chelsea, how do you then put us behind them???  Emery’s record since he’s been here is consistent ppg roughly over 18 months so I don’t see where after what you just said about the other teams they then jump above us.

we also have Buendia and JJ back after not seeing them last season really. I still think we are very much in the CL placing battle.  If we end up 8th then so be it but at the moment we are just as much in the top 4 race as we were last season imo.

I think it will be close between the four of us but I put them above us because they haven’t sold any players that heavily contributed to last season, we have. I think all of those teams have more goals in them than us in particular. 

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

After what you just said about what Spurs, Newcastle and Chelsea, how do you then put us behind them???  Emery’s record since he’s been here is consistent ppg roughly over 18 months so I don’t see where after what you just said about the other teams they then jump above us.

Yep, we see this quite often…

Classic negativity and inferiority complex from much of our fanbase… some cannot erase the scars and memories of the past.

We really need to erase that and shed that old decaying skin/shell… this is the Unai Emery & NSWE era - the new Villa. So many “curses”, stigmas and poor records have already been smashed and obliterated…

All we have witnessed is progress, positivity, improvement, entertainment - that should provide ample positivity, excitement and enthusiasm but alas. There hasn’t been anything negativity or any signs to justify it.

Even communication from the club is falling on deaf ears for many… all we’ve heard from NSWE and Unai signals significant ambition and intent. Our rapid rise, momentum and trajectory has been quite something to behold.

Yes, we should temper expectations and not add pressure (just enjoy!) but we’ve got to stop seeing ourselves as lesser than…

We are just as good, if not better, than the majority of clubs in our league and that includes the top end… haven’t we proven it? Unai didn’t sign a new long term contract to expect regression, decline and struggle…and NSWE would not have given him any reason to believe that is where we are headed.

We have a remarkable manager and coach backed up by the best owners we’ve ever had (in modern times, at least. Same goes for Unai). A great set of players and we will keep adding to and changing that squad.

BELIEVE.

UTV.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

CB and 10/ST very much needed.

The least we need…

any suggestions?

Could do with a proper leader/commander back there. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â